AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Hype or not, this was easily one of the top 3 packs ever released.

I hate to say it but this man speaks the truth
ohwell.gif
Eh by itself i would agree.  But in context i would say no.

It's still 2 of the same shoes in one pack.  Not to mention it was possible to pick the one you liked best and get it under retail just in a slightly different hue(the varsity red's).

But it's not like top 3 packs of all time is really saying much.  (DMP 1, 11/12, 16/7, 10/13.....the rest were iffy to me) So i guess by default it could get top 5 pack ever released for me lol

Originally Posted by Jking0821

ohwell.gif

It's still 2 of the same shoes in one pack.  Not to mention it was possible to pick the one you liked best and get it under retail just in a slightly different hue(the varsity red's).

But it's not like top 3 packs of all time is really saying much.  (DMP 1, 11/12, 16/7, 10/13.....the rest were iffy to me) So i guess by default it could get top 5 pack ever released for me lol

top <insert numer here> pack remarks are subjective to the poster. This is the first pack I have ever been able to obtain and I actually put it on a CC instead paying cash thats how bad I wanted them. I lucked out that someone hit up Sneek Geekz on twitter and he re-tweeted. Dude at the store was like, "how did you know we got them?" Then he started arguing with his co-worker saying that the v-reds (returning mine to niketown this afternoon) were the same sneaker and he doesn't see the hype in them. To each their own. If I had to rate the packs on my own personal opinion they would go:

1. Original DMP
2. 11/12
3. Infrared
4. AJ1 DMP
5. Raging Bull

Originally Posted by Jking0821

ohwell.gif

Hot release, but certainly not hottest packs.  I have seen these for retail and I have a feeling they will be discounted by the end of the year.

I want to UNDS my pair but worried about them yellowing right away...has anyones soles started yellowing yet after you've worn them?

Originally Posted by chowfun27

I want to UNDS my pair but worried about them yellowing right away...has anyones soles started yellowing yet after you've worn them?

i havent worn these new infrareds yet but my varsity reds still look brand new after a few wears i even balled in em once

this is the 2nd best pack evar after the OG dmp.

not to get into this subjective debate, but IMO...

1. OG dmp
2. IR pack
3. CDP 7/16
4. CDP 10/13
5. BMP

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

are
the restocks online only or FA/FNL stores only?
I believe they are online only; they were restocks because some pairs got "stuck" in people's shopping carts on the website during RD after it crashed/sold out, and they were unaccounted for until a few days later when FNL had them for sale again.  Stores only got "restocks" from sales returns.  That's why I'm not surprised in reading about horror stories about pairs getting switched out on store bought pairs.  It could easily happen that way.

Im not really understanding what your trying to say here...Are you saying that people are buying the Infrared pack to switch the Varsity reds then returning the Infrared Pack but they actually have the varsity reds in them??

Cause if that is what your saying that would make no sense....The price is virtually the same...okay $10 difference...but if you already have a DS pair (which is the only way I can see a store taking them) of unwore VR...why wouldnt you just return them and get your money back instead of swapping them for a shoe that is basically the same value??

I know plenty of people that cop on an EA and return with no reciept at HOH or to get exclusives..that makes sense..what your suggesting doesnt make sense to me..

Originally Posted by flappy188

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by sthebest

EEntegRa wrote:

i'll just wait a little bit to obtain my pack. all this hype. i agree with sthebest that the longer you wait, the lower the price goes down. and the more hype a shoe gets (like this pack), the better it is obtaining a better and older ('99-'04) jordans since everyone is so focused on the current hyped shoe. more for me. hahaha

exactly.

people think this pack is hyped and will retain all of the hype later on? wait until later on when the cool grey xis come out. that would be the perfect time to buy this pack because all of the focus will be on those. and when white/cement IIIs and bordeaux VIIs drop, they will be nothing more than a fond memory commanding a mere $50 over retail.

bordeaux's aint comin out, and cool greys are coming in a pack with a team jordan smarty!
col greys in a pack wit a team??? where u hear this at? if so i aint coppin. y wld they do this? i highly doubt that bro....HIGHLY

why do you HIGHLY doubt this?? xi bred was in a pack, so why couldnt cool grey come in a pack? TRUST me

i feel u bro but wit a team jordan?  y wld they do this? then again its JB.....but thats a lil far

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Im not really understanding what your trying to say here...Are you saying that people are buying the Infrared pack to switch the Varsity reds then returning the Infrared Pack but they actually have the varsity reds in them??

Cause if that is what your saying that would make no sense....The price is virtually the same...okay $10 difference...but if you already have a DS pair (which is the only way I can see a store taking them) of unwore VR...why wouldnt you just return them and get your money back instead of swapping them for a shoe that is basically the same value??

I know plenty of people that cop on an EA and return with no reciept at HOH or to get exclusives..that makes sense..what your suggesting doesnt make sense to me..
What's not to understand? They swapped V-Red's for Infrared so they can have the Infrared. It's not about the price of the shoe, it's about the hue. Let's say someone has DS pairs of both v-red's, but wants the infrared because its closer to the OG colorway. They can cop the pack and switcho out the pairs and get their money back. 

^ I guess what I don't understand is if you have a DS pair of White & Black VR (especially since the white JUST dropped) rather then do a swap out or whatever you want to call it..why wouldn't you just return your DS VR, get a credit, and use that to by the Infrareds???? I'm making the assumption that your walking into (insert your favorite sneaker store here) and easily copping the pack....this seems to make more sense to me then running the risk of getting embarrassed by a good employee with a good eye for what the sneaker really looks like..

^ I guess what I don't understand is if you have a DS pair of White & Black VR (especially since the white JUST dropped) rather then do a swap out or whatever you want to call it..why wouldn't you just return your DS VR, get a credit, and use that to by the Infrareds???? I'm making the assumption that your walking into (insert your favorite sneaker store here) and easily copping the pack....this seems to make more sense to me then running the risk of getting embarrassed by a good employee with a good eye for what the sneaker really looks like..Wel
I know LosALMIGHTY said it's not about the price, but I think it IS.  You're comparing retail to retail, but you could easily obtain the varsity reds (at least the black ones) well below retail.  Hell, there were pairs at some outlets for $100, and in Chicago, they were on the hashwall and eligible for the 20% discount they were having one weekend (unfortunately, my size was long gone, if they ever had any to begin with).  Therefore, if you swap the varsity reds into the infrared box and return the pack for full retail, you technically got the infrareds you illegally kept at a discounted price.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

1. OG dmp
2. IR pack
3. CDP 7/16
4. CDP 10/13
5. BMP
wow somebody actually put the 7/16 pack there.  I thought i was the only one.
11/12 overhyped

6/17 only one strong shoe and i don't even like the carmines

Obviously ranking packs is a matter of opinion, but one thing to be said for the infrared pack is that it's the first time we've seen two original CWs of the same model released together. 

Originally Posted by imazing1201

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

1. OG dmp
2. IR pack
3. CDP 7/16
4. CDP 10/13
5. BMP
wow somebody actually put the 7/16 pack there.  I thought i was the only one.
11/12 overhyped

6/17 only one strong shoe and i don't even like the carmines

7/16's were my favorite cdp. I ended up selling or trading all my other shoes from the packs.

Originally Posted by Willmatic78

Originally Posted by Killajay209

damn gonna Unds my white infared tomorow

Lol I unDS'd mine last weekend and they held up well. Even through a 10 hour day @ the job on Monday. Gonna sport the black pair this weekend.
very very nice bro 
pimp.gif

^^^ as for rating all the packs  DMP XI and VI will still be the best ever/ but I must admit these pack comes 3rd  imo with the CDP XI and XII's  2nd only just because of the quality issues

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by sthebest

EEntegRa wrote:

i'll just wait a little bit to obtain my pack. all this hype. i agree with sthebest that the longer you wait, the lower the price goes down. and the more hype a shoe gets (like this pack), the better it is obtaining a better and older ('99-'04) jordans since everyone is so focused on the current hyped shoe. more for me. hahaha

exactly.

people think this pack is hyped and will retain all of the hype later on? wait until later on when the cool grey xis come out. that would be the perfect time to buy this pack because all of the focus will be on those. and when white/cement IIIs and bordeaux VIIs drop, they will be nothing more than a fond memory commanding a mere $50 over retail.

bordeaux's aint comin out, and cool greys are coming in a pack with a team jordan smarty!
col greys in a pack wit a team??? where u hear this at? if so i aint coppin. y wld they do this? i highly doubt that bro....HIGHLY

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT TOO. WHY? THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE TO WHOEVER STARTED THIS RUMOR!!! WHAT WOULD MAKE SENSE WOULD BE THE COOL GREYS WITH SOME CONCORDS OR COLUMBIA, NOT SOME TEAM SHOE.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Anomaly

^ I guess what I don't understand is if you have a DS pair of White & Black VR (especially since the white JUST dropped) rather then do a swap out or whatever you want to call it..why wouldn't you just return your DS VR, get a credit, and use that to by the Infrareds???? I'm making the assumption that your walking into (insert your favorite sneaker store here) and easily copping the pack....this seems to make more sense to me then running the risk of getting embarrassed by a good employee with a good eye for what the sneaker really looks like..Wel
I know LosALMIGHTY said it's not about the price, but I think it IS.  You're comparing retail to retail, but you could easily obtain the varsity reds (at least the black ones) well below retail.  Hell, there were pairs at some outlets for $100, and in Chicago, they were on the hashwall and eligible for the 20% discount they were having one weekend (unfortunately, my size was long gone, if they ever had any to begin with).  Therefore, if you swap the varsity reds into the infrared box and return the pack for full retail, you technically got the infrareds you illegally kept at a discounted price.

CORRECT. I KNOW 3 PEOPLE WHO DID THIS VERY SAME THING. GOT INFRAREDS DISCOUNTED ILLEGALLY FROM CHEAP VARSITY REDS.

yea the DMP XI/VI is by far the best pack as me how i know because im still searching for a sz13 lol. They should release a defining the moment pack with the cool grey XI's and the blk/silver VI's. Thats would be dope!

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

are
the restocks online only or FA/FNL stores only?
I believe they are online only; they were restocks because some pairs got "stuck" in people's shopping carts on the website during RD after it crashed/sold out, and they were unaccounted for until a few days later when FNL had them for sale again.  Stores only got "restocks" from sales returns.  That's why I'm not surprised in reading about horror stories about pairs getting switched out on store bought pairs.  It could easily happen that way.

Ayipapi, are you friggin kidding me?  Seriously, what's not to make sense?  To Anomaly and both LosALMIGHTY, you are both right.  Some folks have switched it out because of pricing; the VR's can be copped at discount and they can get the more limited Infrared's by doing the switch-out.  And also what LosALMIGHTY stated, some folks switch them out if they already have a DS pair of VR's, but want to upgrade.  Infrareds > VR's in terms of availability. 

But hey Ayipapi, I'm not the one who made this up that people WOULD switch them.  People ARE switching them. You need to carefully read what I posted up above, "That's why I'm not surprised in reading about horror stories about pairs getting switched out on store bought pairs. "  There was even one NT'er on this thread a couple pages back who posted he got ripped off from a switch in his pack.  So don't come at me saying I don't make sense. 
smh.gif
  You said "what you're suggesting doesn't make sense."  LOL  I wasn't "suggesting" jack.  I stated facts of actions that really did happen. 

memphissfinest wrote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly

Ayipapi wrote:

CORRECT. I KNOW 3 PEOPLE WHO DID THIS VERY SAME THING. GOT INFRAREDS DISCOUNTED ILLEGALLY FROM CHEAP VARSITY REDS.
Exactly!  Further evidence people have been doing this.  Is it ethical or the right thing to do?  No.  Does it makes sense that SOME people do it?  Yes.

check out the cool grey THREAD. AND ITS A RUMOR JUST LIKE THE IR PACK WAS RELESIN.....RIGHT?? the dude that mentioned it has come through with relese info b-4. so take it for what its worth.

check out the cool grey THREAD. AND ITS A RUMOR JUST LIKE THE IR PACK WAS RELESIN.....RIGHT?? the dude that mentioned it has come through with relese info b-4. so take it for what its worth.
Easy, now, guy.  Let's not start believing everything now just because one improbable rumor came true.  I'd say for every one rumor/"insider info" that turns out to be accurate on this site, there are at least 9 others that are false.  Not completely out of the question, but not exactly a high percentage shot, either.

Back
Top Bottom