All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

If they bring back Sizemore, I may lose it.

First baseman batting ninth.
laugh.gif

Edit: Sounds like Shapiro may be interested in the Cubs' general manager position. Not cool.

If they bring back Sizemore, I may lose it.

First baseman batting ninth.
laugh.gif

Edit: Sounds like Shapiro may be interested in the Cubs' general manager position. Not cool.

Heard that too. It's definitely intriguing for Shapiro. He's been here since the early 90's man, he meant just as much to me as the the '95-2001 tribe teams did.

I hope he stays.
frown.gif

Heard that too. It's definitely intriguing for Shapiro. He's been here since the early 90's man, he meant just as much to me as the the '95-2001 tribe teams did.

I hope he stays.
frown.gif

As bad as they have played/as good as the Tigers have, it is still hard to believe that they are now 14 games back.

Choo coming back tonight and getting hurt right away was almost comical.

Starting to wonder about Carmona's option now, too. We know Carrasco will be out, pitching is hard to find and $7 million isn't outrageous or anything, but he is pitching himself towards some doubt about it. Plenty could be done with the $15.5 million that would go to he and Sizemore.

Columbus is now one win away from back-to-back championships.

As bad as they have played/as good as the Tigers have, it is still hard to believe that they are now 14 games back.

Choo coming back tonight and getting hurt right away was almost comical.

Starting to wonder about Carmona's option now, too. We know Carrasco will be out, pitching is hard to find and $7 million isn't outrageous or anything, but he is pitching himself towards some doubt about it. Plenty could be done with the $15.5 million that would go to he and Sizemore.

Columbus is now one win away from back-to-back championships.

Kipnis, Cabrera and Santana today. 
pimp.gif

Especially nice to see Cabrera snap out of his funk with four knocks.

Santana: .352 on-base, .457 slugging, 74 runs scored, 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs, 75 runs batted in, 91 walks and five stolen bases. Pretty useful for a second-year catcher coming back from an injury, who everyone said was having a disappointing season.

Last ten for Chisenhall: 13-41, 9 runs scored, 4 home runs, 10 runs batted in.

Columbus won another Governors' Cup last night. They will play one game for the Triple-A National Championship on Tuesday (aired on Versus).

Kipnis, Cabrera and Santana today. 
pimp.gif

Especially nice to see Cabrera snap out of his funk with four knocks.

Santana: .352 on-base, .457 slugging, 74 runs scored, 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs, 75 runs batted in, 91 walks and five stolen bases. Pretty useful for a second-year catcher coming back from an injury, who everyone said was having a disappointing season.

Last ten for Chisenhall: 13-41, 9 runs scored, 4 home runs, 10 runs batted in.

Columbus won another Governors' Cup last night. They will play one game for the Triple-A National Championship on Tuesday (aired on Versus).

80 wins
grin.gif
I take it back in March...after the start..yeah..not so much. 

What I liked:

-Was a pleasure to watch Asdrubal play ball this year. 

-Masterson

-Bullpen mafia (this was expected) 

-Tomlin. He came back down to earth, but I'm a big fan..even if he is only a #3 or more likely, a #4 starter. 

-Brantley & Santana 

-Kipnis, Chisenhall & Carrera -- I like athleticism and speed, keep Carerra around, there's value with him..albeit a likely minor role. (ideally)

-Hey, they kept me entertained until football came around. *shrugs*

What I disliked:

-Matt LaPorta

-The trade

-Injuries 
indifferent.gif

-Fausto and Grady failing to salvage anything and not being assets. 

-Finishing 2nd in the division is good, mostly because everyone else sucks. 

Acta is blah to me. Like him, don't love him. Was on the FO bandwagon and then the trade just puzzled me. Didn't think that was in line with the organizational thinking or plans. Bad reach.

We'll see how things go from here, future is good...just not sure of the upside. If there's a 2007 caliber team within this young core, I'll kind of be surprised. 

Back
Top Bottom