All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Thanks for the response man... Yeah I know it's more complicated, but idk it just seems like we are in this "Pray for the young guys that are unexperienced to hopefully lead us to a title"...

That sucks for Asdrubal I pray we make the playoffs so he is at least interested in staying.

Top 20? Man maybe I was being biased with the best, but I had no idea we were just average.

Thanks for the response man... Yeah I know it's more complicated, but idk it just seems like we are in this "Pray for the young guys that are unexperienced to hopefully lead us to a title"...

That sucks for Asdrubal I pray we make the playoffs so he is at least interested in staying.

Top 20? Man maybe I was being biased with the best, but I had no idea we were just average.

Baseball America had them at seven going into last season. That was with Pomeranz, White, Kipnis and Chisenhall. There were a lot of key injuries and down production, too. They had another solid draft, but that ranking is going way down. If I had to guess, 16-18.

Not that there aren't plenty of talented kids with Major League futures. There are, but the system as a whole took a pretty big hit in 2011.

Baseball America had them at seven going into last season. That was with Pomeranz, White, Kipnis and Chisenhall. There were a lot of key injuries and down production, too. They had another solid draft, but that ranking is going way down. If I had to guess, 16-18.

Not that there aren't plenty of talented kids with Major League futures. There are, but the system as a whole took a pretty big hit in 2011.

They are strongly pursuing Jose Lopez right now. It better be a minor league deal.

Shapiro took to Twitter last night and kind of put the brass' rationale out there. He tweeted probably 80 times, mostly in response to fan criticism. He still provided real insight and not just typical front office speak, though. Love how candid he is.

To sum it up:

- Don't love free agent market; trade more likely
- Feel the time to be aggressive in in-season, not during the winter
- Looking for perfect fit, offensively and defensively
- Were very high on Willingham's bat, but not his glove (he signed with the Twins for three years, $21 million)
- Have complete confidence that the team can compete as is, assuming health

What it spells out to me is that we could looking at another Jimenez-type blockbuster this summer, but for an outfielder or first baseman this time.

They are strongly pursuing Jose Lopez right now. It better be a minor league deal.

Shapiro took to Twitter last night and kind of put the brass' rationale out there. He tweeted probably 80 times, mostly in response to fan criticism. He still provided real insight and not just typical front office speak, though. Love how candid he is.

To sum it up:

- Don't love free agent market; trade more likely
- Feel the time to be aggressive in in-season, not during the winter
- Looking for perfect fit, offensively and defensively
- Were very high on Willingham's bat, but not his glove (he signed with the Twins for three years, $21 million)
- Have complete confidence that the team can compete as is, assuming health

What it spells out to me is that we could looking at another Jimenez-type blockbuster this summer, but for an outfielder or first baseman this time.

Meh. Fourth outfielder-type. He'll battle Carrera and Pie (who they officially signed to a minor league deal today) for that job.

Edit: Oh, and Crowe, too. I always forget he still exists.

Minor league deal for Lopez, too. That could be beneficial like Hannahan last year, but I'm not real hopeful about it.

Meh. Fourth outfielder-type. He'll battle Carrera and Pie (who they officially signed to a minor league deal today) for that job.

Edit: Oh, and Crowe, too. I always forget he still exists.

Minor league deal for Lopez, too. That could be beneficial like Hannahan last year, but I'm not real hopeful about it.

Beltran is back on the radar. Much harder to get him via free agency as opposed to a trade because there are richer teams also interested.

They signed Andy LaRoche to a minor league deal. It would probably take two infield injuries for him to have a chance at making the team.

Beltran is back on the radar. Much harder to get him via free agency as opposed to a trade because there are richer teams also interested.

They signed Andy LaRoche to a minor league deal. It would probably take two infield injuries for him to have a chance at making the team.

What was on MLB Network?

And we'll probably never know the contents of that trade, but I'm 100% sure that a proposal alluded to as "unbelievable" didn't revolve around Nick Swisher. I would guess more along the lines of Joey Votto or Andrew McCutchen.

What was on MLB Network?

And we'll probably never know the contents of that trade, but I'm 100% sure that a proposal alluded to as "unbelievable" didn't revolve around Nick Swisher. I would guess more along the lines of Joey Votto or Andrew McCutchen.

Marlins G7
sick.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom