All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Kipnis batting eighth.
Cleveland on Thursday called up top prospect Jason Kipnis, a secondbaseman with some outfield play on his resume, about whom one AmericanLeague scout says, "The Indians just made a blockbuster deadlinetrade,'' and adds that Cleveland should get a "helluva in-season jolt.''
Mark Shapiro said today that he expects the team to make a "move" in the next ten days. My guess would be Ludwick.

Kipnis batting eighth.
Cleveland on Thursday called up top prospect Jason Kipnis, a secondbaseman with some outfield play on his resume, about whom one AmericanLeague scout says, "The Indians just made a blockbuster deadlinetrade,'' and adds that Cleveland should get a "helluva in-season jolt.''
Mark Shapiro said today that he expects the team to make a "move" in the next ten days. My guess would be Ludwick.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

By the way... Nolan, Bobby, anyone else that followed me on Twitter... what do you think so far?
Keep it up, I enjoy it. Doesn't seem that there are a ton of Indian's media outlets or info (or opinions) readily available, so the more the better.

here's a question, I see Kipnis was drafted in the 4th round, but has he always been viewed as a big-time prospect or was this an emergence from the past year or 2?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

By the way... Nolan, Bobby, anyone else that followed me on Twitter... what do you think so far?
Keep it up, I enjoy it. Doesn't seem that there are a ton of Indian's media outlets or info (or opinions) readily available, so the more the better.

here's a question, I see Kipnis was drafted in the 4th round, but has he always been viewed as a big-time prospect or was this an emergence from the past year or 2?

Second round, actually, but he just got drafted in 2009. Going into 2010, he was probably a top 10-12 prospect in the organization.

But he was an All-American and all that, advanced hitter, etc., so the lofty expectations were pretty much always there. The only thing that might have had any hindrance was the position change; he was an outfielder in college.
Keep it up, I enjoy it. Doesn't seem that there are a ton of Indian'smedia outlets or info (or opinions) readily available, so the more thebetter.
Thanks. I don't have a ton of followers, but I guess I kind of like doing it. Maybe someday I'll get those media credentials.

Second round, actually, but he just got drafted in 2009. Going into 2010, he was probably a top 10-12 prospect in the organization.

But he was an All-American and all that, advanced hitter, etc., so the lofty expectations were pretty much always there. The only thing that might have had any hindrance was the position change; he was an outfielder in college.
Keep it up, I enjoy it. Doesn't seem that there are a ton of Indian'smedia outlets or info (or opinions) readily available, so the more thebetter.
Thanks. I don't have a ton of followers, but I guess I kind of like doing it. Maybe someday I'll get those media credentials.

It seems like everyone expects him to be one of the best offensive second basemen in the league, and relatively soon.

Estimated start time for this one is 7:50.

It seems like everyone expects him to be one of the best offensive second basemen in the league, and relatively soon.

Estimated start time for this one is 7:50.

We called about Chris Iannetta. Not sure what to think about that. Too expensive to be a backup, and surely it has nothing to do with Santana not hitting well. Maybe they want to move Santana to first permanently, and are disappointed in LaPorta? I doubt it. Everyone loves him, for whatever reason.

Also interest in Hiroki Kuroda. Whatever.

We called about Chris Iannetta. Not sure what to think about that. Too expensive to be a backup, and surely it has nothing to do with Santana not hitting well. Maybe they want to move Santana to first permanently, and are disappointed in LaPorta? I doubt it. Everyone loves him, for whatever reason.

Also interest in Hiroki Kuroda. Whatever.

What did Masterson do to deserve the things that happen when he pitches?

And why call up Kipnis if you are going to "platoon" him with one of the worst players in baseball?

Unreal.

And we're staring at Haren, Weaver and Santana in the next three days.

What did Masterson do to deserve the things that happen when he pitches?

And why call up Kipnis if you are going to "platoon" him with one of the worst players in baseball?

Unreal.

And we're staring at Haren, Weaver and Santana in the next three days.

I guess White will be a reliever when he comes back because there won't be time to get him stretched out and build his stamina.

That really sucks. I feel like I was one of the few who thought there wasn't a real need to trade for a pitcher because I thought he would be back, but now...

Tomlin seems to be hitting a wall, you never know what to expect from Carrasco, Fausto is Fausto and not much trust can be placed on Huff/Gomez/McAllister/Talbot.

I guess White will be a reliever when he comes back because there won't be time to get him stretched out and build his stamina.

That really sucks. I feel like I was one of the few who thought there wasn't a real need to trade for a pitcher because I thought he would be back, but now...

Tomlin seems to be hitting a wall, you never know what to expect from Carrasco, Fausto is Fausto and not much trust can be placed on Huff/Gomez/McAllister/Talbot.

52-48.

Welcome to Cleveland JK
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom