ALL MANNY EVERYTHING

forget you, mayweather! pacquiao agreed, arum agreed, even mayweather's ppl agreed to the terms, but not mayweather?! thats a quack-quack duck move rightthere! i smell pacquiao-marquez III

4r9mo3.jpg

By Frank Pingue Frank Pingue - Fri Jan 8, 6:21 pm ET
TORONTO (Reuters) - WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will put his title on the line against Ghanaian Joshua Clottey in March after talks for a boutwith Floyd Mayweather Jr. fizzled out this week, the Filipino's promoter said on Friday.

The planned fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather Jr. broke down when negotiations between the two sides hit a snag over the American's demand for arigorous dope testing procedure.

Pacquiao's new opponent beat Zab Judah of the United States for the IBF Welterweight title in August 2008 and lost a split decision to Puerto Rico'sMiguel Cotto last June.

"This is a better fight," Bob Arum of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter, told Reuters in a telephone interview. "(Clottey's) a real strong,aggressive and hard punching African from Ghana and he poses a real test for Manny."

Arum said a location for the fight would be decided on Monday.

News of the Pacquiao-Clottey bout pours cold water over talk that a match with Mayweather, which was expected to be one of boxing's biggestrevenue-producing fights, could be salvaged in time for March.

Mayweather Jr. had issued a statement on Thursday that said he still wanted to fight Pacquiao, but Arum said any possible fight between the two sides wouldhave to wait.

"There's always later in the year and there's next year, it's up to Mayweather. But if he starts this nonsense again with testing or anythingthen let him take a walk," said Arum.

"We are not going to get into a debate with him ever again on stuff that we know nothing about and that only regulators really can understand."

Mayweather's camp had called for random blood and urine sampling prior to and after the proposed fight with Pacquiao in March.

Pacquiao agreed to have blood taken for testing before the initial media conference and immediately after the fight but would not agree to have blood drawnwithin 30 days of the bout.

The commission that would have overseen the fight in Las Vegas only requires urine testing.

"We have commissions who regulate this sport, if (Mayweather Jr.) wants any special testing he should address it to the commission that will havejurisdiction over the fight," said Arum.

(Writing by Frank Pingue; Editing by Nick Mulvenney)

Hir is my view on this matter..

I Believe that the pbf camp and MP camp has already have an mutual agreement that they will fyt each other later this year.

Both fyter s will have a so called tune up fyt Pacquaio vs clottey and gayweather against Malinaggi. (which im sure they will win with ease)

then after winning their bouts then the interest of the public raise like never before. believe me it will!!!

i think the reason behind not pushing thru with the march sched is because a fyt this magnitude can generate a fortune for both parties.. Remember patience isa virtue!!

Amd manny needs more tym because of the elections.. The blood testing things are just bluffs...

Arum and de la hoya will milk the economic bell cow of the boxing till its last drop.... They know wat they are doing...

that my hint on this...
wink.gif

i still think pacquiao-mayweather will happen some time in 2010.. let both fighters have a keep busy fight and if they win, as they should, theyll meet sometime in the fall

Originally Posted by AirNeo23

Hir is my view on this matter..

I Believe that the pbf camp and MP camp has already have an mutual agreement that they will fyt each other later this year.

Both fyter s will have a so called tune up fyt Pacquaio vs clottey and gayweather against Malinaggi. (which im sure they will win with ease)

then after winning their bouts then the interest of the public raise like never before. believe me it will!!!

i think the reason behind not pushing thru with the march sched is because a fyt this magnitude can generate a fortune for both parties.. Remember patience is a virtue!!

Amd manny needs more tym because of the elections.. The blood testing things are just bluffs...

Arum and de la hoya will milk the economic bell cow of the boxing till its last drop.... They know wat they are doing...

that my hint on this...
wink.gif

good point neo. there's too much money to be made for this not to happen.

I agree. Top Rank and GBP are hype-beasts! It would be good for Manny though as he will earn just enough in March to help him through the elections and thefight after the elections with PBF will be his retirement fight. If he wins that fight with PBF, he should retire as the greatest boxer of all time

Go Manny!!

Originally Posted by jrjmd

several lights out still available at rob manila. bigger sizes specially. size 11, 12, 13, and 14. for small sizes 8, 9, 9.5 available too as of dec 24th.
do you guys know if there is any pairs left?

btw, how many pairs did they make for the 2nd and 3rd trainers?

thanks.

Originally Posted by aypi

several lights out still available at rob manila. bigger sizes specially. size 11, 12, 13, and 14. for small sizes 8, 9, 9.5 available too as of dec 24th.

thanks.
Called the store yesterday, only size left for the LO are 8.5,9,12 and 13...

with all this subplots/side stories, boxing is starting to look like wrestling...

but the speculations mentioned seems logical for both fighters... the antcipitation will only generate them more hype and cash...

Originally Posted by nwo0714

Originally Posted by aypi

thanks.
Called the store yesterday, only size left for the LO are 8.5,9,12 and 13...

thanks. how much? 8k? they only have the LO right?

^Bob Arum is turning out to be like Vince McMahon
laugh.gif

The fight will definitely happen this year.

If all else fails there is always JMM
pimp.gif

I dont think you could just create a bluff by calling a boxing legend a cheater and a steroid user. That's just crossing the line by tarnishingsomeone's image. This is no way, not even a 1% chance a bluff. Plus you cant get the justice system involved with a defamation suit from a "steroidbluff", both parties would be looking at jailtime. Mayweather is just a plain wuss and a coward. And it is very upsetting that people actually believe inMayweather's steroid suspicion of Pacquaio. I hear that stuff at work and sports stores that Manny is a cheater, it's not a good thing. I wish Mannywould fight Floyd in the near future, and literally KO his %*%% out the ropes and into he floor and put an end to Mayweather's perfect record. That fightwill definitely be the biggest fight in boxing history, bigger than Hollyfield's overall $60 miilion-take in 1 fight a decade ago.

MJstillTheOne wrote: I wish Manny would fight Floyd in the near future, and literally KO his %*%% out the ropes and into he floor and put an end to Mayweather's perfect record.

Same here man...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

MJstillTheOne wrote: I wish Manny would fight Floyd in the near future, and literally KO his %*%% out the ropes and into he floor and put an end to Mayweather's perfect record.

Same here man...
smokin.gif

Yeah!! manny can give floyd a beating of a lifetym... One that will haunt the mayweather family forever!! hehehe and im now curious on how floyd will reactafter manny whoops is !@#$

^^

sir you can call this number 09223056089 look for joy. she is the store manager at the Rob manila branch of MP store. 3 days ago the shop had an 8, 11, 12 and13. hope you could get your mp shoes.

saw this one from pacland. Info regarding Manny's Designer Mike Friolo:
http://merjoem32-pinoyboxing.blogspot.com/2007/09/nike-immortalizes-manny-pacquaios-crest.html

Hi guys! I just got word from a close source, Manny's designer Mike Friolo over at Nike was recently laid off! He has designed everything for Manny sincehe signed on with Nike all the way up to the Cotto fight! Everything and I mean everything from the crest, robe, trunks, and even the tassels on manny'sboxing shoes were designed by him! Even the most rare items such as the Pacquiao Nike Air Force One basketball shoes were a Friolo design!

http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nike-air-max-bizness-manny-pacquiao-pe-1.jpg

On top of that he's also a fellow Filipino who was born in the Philippines and until recently was the one the few Filipino senior graphic designers atNike's main headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. Word is Nike might outsource it to a non-Filipino designer who probably has no connection or idea ofFilipino culture, heritage or mentality just to save on some coinage! Imagine Manny's designs covered in those ugly generic tribal designs frequently seenby wannabe posers!

Anyways, I just want to spread the word. So far ever since Manny signed on with Nike (with Mike as the designer), he's been on a great winning streak andlooking good to boot! I just want to spread the word and hope Nike listens, Mike needs to stay on-board at Nike even if it's just for Manny only! My sourcealso tells me that Mike frequently consults his parents and relatives back home in the Philippines just to make sure everything is authentic and true to theFilipino spirit. He has even made frequent trips back to the PI just for inspiration! I'd be worried if a non-Filipino (no offense) designed the apparel,but without the same attention to detail.

Please let everyone know about this! We need to support our fellow Filipinos on this and not let Nike ruin a great thing! I found his facebook if you want drophim a message of thanks and support!

Back
Top Bottom