All Things Sports Media Thread!!

video-226163.jpg

Im tryna defend this man but damn :smh:

Is anyone actually intrested in any Woj non scoop writing. because im not.

Truehoop>anything that was happening at the vertical.

Those pods were like listening to an audio version of an article. Boring as hell and doesn't utilise the podcast platform well.

Dirty Demon of Debate: "Was your daddy a dope dealer? cause baby you dope"

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yea, I disagree with all of the WOJ talk.

I am consistently entertained/informed when I turn on a WOJ Podcast. He asks GREAT questions and he spends a lot of time on the guests' past. For instance, I enjoyed the convo with Spo about ABCD Camp. Not too many folks are digging deep into the past the way WOJ does.

Woj is basically a legitimate A-level journalist who happens to be doing basketball.  He has a million sources and connections and knows how to ask the right questions to get good answers.  It's not about making a spectacle of himself, either.

I don't know. I mean it's no secret that Woj writes these puff pieces about players to get his sources from their agents

Woj is pretty boring as an interviewer to me. I only listen if there's a guest who I really want to hear.

Truehoops been trash this past year. Can't say I care if they come back or not. Stop trying to be funny so hard and cut out the bland pop culture takes. Anytime they don't talk basketball I think it flat out sucks and that's become an overwhelming amount of the podcast. I used to love the podcast too. I still want to know how Big Wos gets to be on there dude has a terrible analytical mind and tells unfunny jokes that he laughs at the hardest.

Woj asks REALLY good questions even though he may be dry. If you love basketball enough he has a ton of great listens on his podcast but I agree if you don't know what the context of what he's talking about well enough he leaves the uninformed (not using this in a bad way) hanging.

Last edited:
I have Woj on my feed but the only way I listen is if they have an extremely interesting guest, or I hear from other people about specific sections I need to hear.

but I will listen to BOMM on True hoop regardless of the content.

Truehoops been trash this past year. Can't say I care if they come back or not. Stop trying to be funny so hard and cut out the bland pop culture takes. Anytime they don't talk basketball I think it flat out sucks and that's become an overwhelming amount of the podcast. I used to love the podcast too. I still want to know how Big Wos gets to be on there dude has a terrible analytical mind and tells unfunny jokes that he laughs at the hardest.

Woj asks REALLY good questions even though he may be dry. If you love basketball enough he has a ton of great listens on his podcast but I agree if you don't know what the context of what he's talking about well enough he leaves the uninformed (not using this in a bad way) hanging.

I like them for what they do, blend basketball talk with casual conversation really well to me. It's not all great but they're still entertaining. There are great in-depth basketball pods, but true hoop was still good at what they do.

Back
Top Bottom