All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Can't get down with Foxworth when he co-hosts. Almost don't wanna listen when he is on. Mina though. That's a different story.

Nah..

When the 3rd dude is on by himself for something, I usually end up skipping it.. but Mina and dominque are the goods

I've been a Klosterman fan for years, I'll check it out. 

Last edited:
Rapaport should be a part of no holy trinity
Dude isn't close to the same class as Klosterman and Gladwell :lol:
You are TRIPPIN.

Rap is up there. Entertainment value is off the charts and he brings that KYK fan perspective

And the cussing [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yeah, saw someone say something that he was a journalist. People must not care about their jobs to tweet stuff like that or their urge to tweet it is too strong.

Could be but his tweet seemed a little tame. No use of the shortened word of Japanese and no reference to pearl harbor or atom bombs.

DBF2gjxXcAQFaFz.jpg

Credit to Awful Announcing:

NFL insider John Clayton is leaving ESPN as part of the sweeping layoffs at the Worldwide Leader in Sports, sources tell Sporting News. ESPN and Clayton both declined comment.

The well-respected Clayton has served as a senior NFL writer and commentator at ESPN for 23 years.

ESPN announced Tuesday that Mike Greenberg and Joe Tessitore will host ABC’s new Battle of the Network Stars reboot , a call-back to the 1970s and 80s program of the same name, with Cassidy Hubbarth and Cari Champion as sideline reporters.

Additionally, Ronda Rousey and DeMarcus Ware will join the show as permanent captains, leading teams of TV personalities in competitions like tug-of-war, archery and kayak relays.

Battle of the Network Stars will debut on ABC June 29 at 9 p.m. ET. The contestants—”100 TV stars, from 14 different network and cable companies,” per ESPN—have not yet been announced.

ESPN announced Tuesday that Desmond Howard has signed a multi-year extension to remain with the network, and mentioned that in addition to his regular role on College GameDay on Saturdays and College Football Live during the week, he’ll now be an analyst on some selected mid-week games.

Chip Kelly has signed a deal to join the ESPN this season pulling a rare TV double as both a college football and NFL analyst.

He’ll be seen mainly on ESPN2 during the college football season as a pregame, halftime and studio update analyst. And then he’ll be seen on SportsCenter on Fridays and Sundays to analyze NFL games.

Page Six is reporting that Alex Rodriguez has sealed a deal with ABC News, which will see him appearing in segments across the news division including for “Good Morning America” and even “World News Tonight.”

A network insider said A-Rod, 41, had been in talks with ABC News brass about appearing as an on-air contributor for sports, family and even financial segments for shows across the network, also including “Nightline.”

Rodriguez will also reportedly appear on ABC’s Shark Tank this fall as well as a guest shark.

didnt they pay schefter a ton?

anyways.. one of the best ESPN commercials 

Last edited:
I think Dan is right when he says they do their best shows when they just a radio show and not on TV.

Stu is terrible when he has to lead the show. The next two weeks gonna be rough.

I don't really understand why, with all of these cuts, they invest so much in bringing in ex-players as talents.  Like Paul Pierce on ESPN.  He's pretty bad.  Most of these guys in fact are terrible, they have to be trained on air, and they have to be very expensive.

I don't really understand why, with all of these cuts, they invest so much in bringing in ex-players as talents.  Like Paul Pierce on ESPN.  He's pretty bad.  Most of these guys in fact are terrible, they have to be trained on air, and they have to be very expensive.
People enjoy seeing former players. It is that simple man

Back
Top Bottom