All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by Warrior

clarett_.jpg
Son was the best freshman RB I've ever seen in my life & the only reason Sweater Vest still has a job to be honest. Just because he'sone of the dumbest mother @@%*!*$ ALIVE (word to Craig Mack) doesn't make him a COLLEGE bust.

Joe isn't a BUST yet either.

Now TP on the other hand...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Son was the best freshman RB I've ever seen in my life

Adrian Peterson?
marshall Faulk?
jamal Lewis?

Were those dudes the best player on a National Championship team*? Naw. AD was pretty special,I'm too young to remember Marshall's days, and I'm gonna say Jamal Lewis is a tad of a homer pick.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

If u saw AD Freshman yr, theres no way u can even put Maurice Clarett's Freshman yr up wit ADs freshman yr. opinion or not the two arent in the sameatmosphere

Jamal Lewis, Homer? nah lil buddy. dude didnt play in 3 games and still ran for 1300 in the SEC
theres a reason he went top 5 fraft pick off of acl injury.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Adrian Peterson?
marshall Faulk?
jamal Lewis?
Were those dudes the best player on a National Championship team*? Naw. AD was pretty special, I'm too young to remember Marshall's days, and I'm gonna say Jamal Lewis is a tad of a homer pick.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Adrian Peterson was on a national championship caliber team

If u saw AD Freshman yr, theres no way u can even put Maurice Clarett's Freshman yr up wit ADs freshman yr. opinion or not the two arent in the same atmosphere

Jamal Lewis, Homer? nah lil buddy. dude didnt play in 3 games and still ran for 1300 in the SEC
theres a reason he went top 5 fraft pick off of acl injury.
I was just playing with the Jamal Lewis homer comment hence the "
laugh.gif
wink.gif
".

AD obviously had more raw talent than Clarett, I'll give you that. But I was basing that comment on what he did for his school/team as a freshman(carried, no pun intended, to a National Title*). He was the MVP/best player on the National Champs as a TRUE FROSH & dude was trying to call him a bust.
laugh.gif
(No Mike Doss/Chris Gamble were not the MVP, although both balled outthat year).

Originally Posted by Im Not You

We talk all the time about College Stars who were sub par or awful Pro's...but what about those HS Phenoms who didn't make the jump successfully to college?

First one that comes to mind for me is...Keith Bogans.

Sure he's managed to keep a job in the NBA and he was decent @ Kentucky. Dude was considered the top...or at worst...the 2nd best prospect coming out of HS his senior year and had a ton of hype the years before. Of all the players that came out of DeMatha (MD) he was the 1st to play varsity from his frosh year on...and he started. The guy that was his sidekick, Joe Forte, actually turned more heads in college. Though obviously the better player eventually stayed in the league longer.
bogans was NEVER considered anything more than what he is today ... maybe to people that didnt watch him but even in high school forte was thepurer player and that dematha team went as their bigs went ... i believe it was john day (now in the nfl at te for the seahawks) who was playing down low withjordan collins (i think nc state) that made that team tick and i watched in person as an undersized gonzaga team hit a buzzer beater to win the WCACchampionship against that mob ... collins and john day both fouled out ...

now dont get me wrong bogans was NASTY in high school and you just knew he was going to be in the pros but he wasnt lebron james, kevin durant etc... etc... heis what hes become, a solid player that can play at a high level ... he started for kentucky and is a journeyman who stuck in the nba ...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

bogans was NEVER considered anything more than what he is today .

now dont get me wrong bogans was NASTY in high school and you just knew he was going to be in the pros but he wasnt lebron james, kevin durant etc... etc... he is what hes become, a solid player that can play at a high level ... he started for kentucky and is a journeyman who stuck in the nba ...

laugh.gif
Yea rite... He was the #2 prospect in his class only behind Donnell Harvey bum #@%.. obviously ahead of Forte. Son didnt live up to the hype

Originally Posted by haiti5

Michah Downs
Mustapha Shakur
Ndudi Ebi
David Padgett
Elijah Ingram
indifferent.gif

I disagree. Staf had a "Good" college career. Obviously didn't live up to the hype, but he started all 4 years and was consistent.
As for other Arizona players I have seen, here is my opinions.

Ndudi Ebi- Never came here, but dude just got bad advice
Fendi Onobun- Bust. 4 stars out of HS and barely cracked rotation here
Mohammed Tangara- See Onobun. Did however play well when he transferred to Chaminade.
Chris Rodgers- In Lute's Doghouse an awful lot. Decent defender, but never lived to hype. Plus, dude was a %$%^
Jawaan MCclellan- Injuries derailed an up and down career here, not to mention the passing of his father. Always a stand up guy

Originally Posted by yungmatt

now dont get me wrong bogans was NASTY in high school and you just knew he was going to be in the pros but he wasnt lebron james, kevin durant etc... etc... he is what hes become, a solid player that can play at a high level ... he started for kentucky and is a journeyman who stuck in the nba ...

laugh.gif
Yea rite... He was the #2 prospect in his class only behind Donnell Harvey bum #@%.. obviously ahead of Forte. Son didnt live up to the hype
really? ... hes been in the league for 6+ years right now ... ... ...

laugh.gif
WAIT...Donnell Harvey, the dude from the Florida/MSU title game? Son was the #1 overall prospect in his class?!
roll.gif

EDIT: I think dude jumped to the L never to be heard from again after that game.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
really? ... hes been in the league for 6+ years right now ... ... ...

Your missing the topic of the post though... COLLEGE Busts...

And if you really think about it, what the hell has Keith Bogans done in the league besides avg 9 points and shoot under 40% FG and 3s for his career?
laugh.gif
.Hes a strong 6'5 2 who can play D and thats why he keeps getting work... Like I said, from his HS career till now he hasnt lived up to the hype

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Adrian Peterson?
marshall Faulk?
jamal Lewis?
Were those dudes the best player on a National Championship team*? Naw. AD was pretty special, I'm too young to remember Marshall's days, and I'm gonna say Jamal Lewis is a tad of a homer pick.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

AD was a better freshman back than Clarett. Clarett was great, but AD was better. Dude touched the ball damn near 30 times a game and shatteredrecords.

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

"whats hapnen"
tired.gif

t1_scott.jpg
Is this Derrick Williams? If so, he definitely didn't live up to the billing, but didn't fall flat on his face like some of these otherbums either. He is a BUST though.

Back
Top Bottom