Am I Wrong For This? BC3s Update Pg4

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by Lxj

I wouldn't ask until you've built a better rapport. Don't want to appear like you're using him or making him feel like he "owes" you.
QFT

Building a strong relationship should be your main focus bro.
Really?? I think it should be his pops main focus, not his. I would be really conscious about the whole situation if my pops would pop out of the blue just like that after 6 years. Wouldnt greet him with open arms for sure and make him "earn" my trust and respect. 
And OP: If you can talk to him about it without feeling bummy just ask him. If you dont want to feel bad, cuz he might refuse then dont ask. And if you do ask and he buys your those shoes then dont feel like you owe him one for that, cuz you definitely dont - he owes you more than one for sure for that matter.

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

Originally Posted by Lxj

I wouldn't ask until you've built a better rapport. Don't want to appear like you're using him or making him feel like he "owes" you.
QFT

Really?? I think it should be his pops main focus, not his. I would be really conscious about the whole situation if my pops would pop out of the blue just like that after 6 years. Wouldnt greet him with open arms for sure and make him "earn" my trust and respect.
That's cool if you're an adult, but OP is 15. He needs that male figure at this crucial moment in his life.

It shouldn't just be his pops' main focus, but a collective effort on both their parts to salvage what they can and build a strong and longlasting relationship.

The last thing OP wants is his pops to walk back out of his life because of guilt and remorse. A lot of fathers never return to their son's life.

Originally Posted by Lxj

QFT

I decide not to call and ask yesterday
I spent thanksgiving with him today and met the other side of my family
It was a pretty good day but my mom was pissed
ohwell.gif

Happy thanksgiving and thanks for the advice
smile.gif

Why are people complaining about his age? How old were all of you when you joined NT?

I was 13 hitting up NikePark.com daily, and joined NT in 2001 when I was 15, which I'm sure is the case for many members here.

Dudes sounding like old get off my lawn types
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

I decide not to call and ask yesterday
I spent thanksgiving with him today and met the other side of my family
It was a pretty good day but my mom was pissed
ohwell.gif

Happy thanksgiving and thanks for the advice
smile.gif

That right there kinda questions the whole he just up and walked out of my life theory. I mean if it was all on him and she was very adamant about you having a father in your life, why would she be upset? Why would someone who to know fault of their own be upset about a father trying to be there for his son in one of the final and one of the most crucial part of a young mans life?
Its like saying im a woman and I cant teach him/guide him into manhood. How dare he intervene and try to make our son become a real man. Something iuno seems kinda fishy about that. Good you didnt ask for the shoes, try to fill a void with some outdated, cheaply child labored sweatshop shoes. If things continue on the right path, the wisdom and invaluable lesson will far outweight some petty shoes.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Why are people complaining about his age? How old were all of you when you joined NT?

I was 13 hitting up NikePark.com daily, and joined NT in 2001 when I was 15, which I'm sure is the case for many members here.

Dudes sounding like old get off my lawn types
laugh.gif
I been saying this.

Everybody older than 25 wants to act like senior citizens on NT.

Back
Top Bottom