Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

Is ebay even worth it, if I'm considering Amazon Merch?

Depends. Ebays an entirely different animal.

What are you trying to sell on ebay? Shirts? Because that's all that Merch by Amazon is at the moment.

But that's the other part. Merch barely started late 2015. They will soon add much more than t shirts..

Depends. Ebays an entirely different animal.

What are you trying to sell on ebay? Shirts? Because that's all that Merch by Amazon is at the moment.

But that's the other part. Merch barely started late 2015. They will soon add much more than t shirts..
I sell mostly retro Jordans and Nikes that I can't wear anymore. Most of the sneakers in my collection have only been worn a hand full of times.

I hope we get an option to use a separate email I used my personal one too :smh:

Just requested an invite. This is perfect. I've had an idea for a single design that I could put on shirts, hoodies, mugs, phone case, tote bags, etc but I have no idea how to start

Really hope I get accepted!

I have a friend who sells on eBay. Gonna talk to him about FBA

how do you search for the current shirts out there users are selling on merch?

You create a profile, upload your design, arrange it on the product, set price (for the design and the product) and either place it on the marketplace and/or share the link to your store or the item

Yup, what iamdef said.

In regards to researching whats poppin, theres all kinds of ways of going about it.

Merchinformer.com has a monthly charge but is probably the best thing out for Merch by Amazon.

That said, you can do tons of free research by going on Amazon n running searches to see how specific niches are selling (BSR rank).

You can also go to these other tshirt sites and look at their best sellers.

Go to your local t shirt spots. Visit Gap, H&M..

Inspiration/ideas can literally come from anywhere.

Dont sleep on holiday ideas too..

Yea the holiday season seems like it would be a good opportunity as well

Also random trends, memes, quotes and things like that. I saw people selling "49-1" Irish themed shirts for the May/McG fight

Really hope I get accepted. Gonna look more into this today and tomorrow

Yup, what iamdef said.

In regards to researching whats poppin, theres all kinds of ways of going about it.

Merchinformer.com has a monthly charge but is probably the best thing out for Merch by Amazon.

That said, you can do tons of free research by going on Amazon n running searches to see how specific niches are selling (BSR rank).

You can also go to these other tshirt sites and look at their best sellers.

Go to your local t shirt spots. Visit Gap, H&M..

Inspiration/ideas can literally come from anywhere.

Dont sleep on holiday ideas too..

On Reddit ppl said they did great for 4th of July tees

Still no reply from Amazon merch

Don't worry bro, it'll happen. Some people waited almost a year! Amazon appears to have ramped up infrastructure so approvals seem to take less time. Took me about a month and a half, which is quicker than anything I've heard from people that were previously approved.

In the meantime, soak up game and get your first 10 designs ready as that is how many you will be able to upload initially.

What's the monthly fee for MI????

I pay $9.99/month but it just went up July 1st to $19.99/month (unless you pay annually).

I feel it's easily worth the price of admission, at least early on - to really get acclimated and get a good feel for which niches are selling/etc.

The dope thing is (and something i highly recommend to anybody wanting to do Merch) you can read all of the blog entries on Merchinformer.com for free.

Yea the holiday season seems like it would be a good opportunity as well

Also random trends, memes, quotes and things like that. I saw people selling "49-1" Irish themed shirts for the May/McG fight

Really hope I get accepted. Gonna look more into this today and tomorrow

Yup you get it! Thats what this is all about: seasonal things, holidays, memes, pop culture references, specific niches (cat lovers, grandparents, 1st time parents, the lists go on and on honestly).

Yeah brother, soak up game on merchinformer.com (read the free blog posts), check youtube (rjmartinez is the homie - hes averaged 35 shirts sold/day in July), join FB groups - which is where I've learned most of what I know. If y'all are interested I can get the FB group names.

And have patience. Nobody has reported not getting accepted so you will eventually get in. No doubt about it. Just won't know til you're in.

Easki - sign up now brotha! Honestly thats the BEST advice I can give.

These accounts are worth GOLD. Really no other business opp. like this available, and with approval times varying across the board, I'd get your name in line.

Theres some big money-makers coming up (Halloween, Christmas, New Years, hell the eclipse coming up in August has people doing NUMBERS on eclipse-related t's already).

Again:
1. No start up fee.
2. No inventory required.
3. Amazon handles the sale, prints the shirt, and ships them out
4. Amazon handles customer service
5. T-shirts returned to Amazon still pay out your royalty
6. Super scaleable- scale up as big as you want (Amazon approves in tiers. You start with 10 designs. After selling 10 shirts, you move to 25, then 50, 100, 500, 1000, etc)
7. Designs can be self-created, or for the aesthetically-impaired, you can hop on upwork.com and outsource it.
8. There are mobile apps (make-merch.com) that allow you to skip photoshop/gimp and easily create designs on your phone.
9. Merch by Amazon is still in its infancy. Last year was the first full year of operation. Right now it's just t-shirts, but the plan is to expand into more items being offered. (Birdman handrub)

Results obviously vary, and for some it took a few months to really ramp up sales, but there are some people doing great (my homie RJ is barely 3 full months into the game and he's bringing in $4k profit/month already! He outsources all the design work)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom