Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

If you were in it for the "long game", you wouldn't be dropshipping from Aliexpress.

Anyway, best of luck. Seems like you need it.

I can understand the secrecy to an extent, there's definitely something to worry about especially when you use a third party to produce your products you don't want to say one thing and end up putting your "plug" out into the open and now they can skip over you to get things done.

For myself the process of FBA doesn't really fit with what I want to do, which is manage and handle a full on brand and not just making holiday/themed shirts. But it definitely has it's benefits within finding a good rhythm in getting designs created and managing a web based business.

I can understand the secrecy to an extent, there's definitely something to worry about especially when you use a third party to produce your products you don't want to say one thing and end up putting your "plug" out into the open and now they can skip over you to get things done.

For myself the process of FBA doesn't really fit with what I want to do, which is manage and handle a full on brand and not just making holiday/themed shirts. But it definitely has it's benefits within finding a good rhythm in getting designs created and managing a web based business.

Yeah, i wouldn't want to share my Private Label to anyone, yet alone someone dropshipping/distributor source. People kill for those to make a quick buck.

As far as the MBA side of things, you have to catch onto niches and trends like Halloween and Christmas in order to explode. Too hard to get successful with evergreen products if you are only in Tier10/25/100/500. Maybe once you are in the multi-1000 tiers you can start slacking off the trends/niches. But I don't see why you would leave money on the table. I wouldnt even think about creating a brand on the MBA format, quality isnt quite there.

**** just got super real on Merch by Amazon:

10/4
Today, we launched two new updates to the Merch by Amazon Content Policy:
• 2.9 Youth Size Policy is a new section of our content policy
• 2.3 Profanity has been updated to allow profanity on adult sizes only.

Designs that contain profanity, drugs, alcohol, violence and sexual content will be allowed in adult sizes but not in youth sizes. Please carefully review our updated Content Policy here. We have already started removing youth size options from existing designs that violate the new policy and removals will not affect your design or account health. New design submissions must comply with this policy starting today. Rejections will count towards account health enforcement beginning 11/5. Please review all of your live designs to ensure that they are compliant with the updated Content Policy for products available on youth sizes.

I already got about 50 explicit shirts up.

My one weed shirt got stuck in review lol

I think they just havent fixed the marijuana filters yet.

Looking to crush Q4, I got them weed/**** shirts for da low lol

I just saw that announcement. I'm kind of nervous to test it but if yal are getting designs through and approved then **** it lol.

I just saw that announcement. I'm kind of nervous to test it but if yal are getting designs through and approved then **** it lol.

Yeah I got about 60 shirts thru with the word **** on there is some capacity, yet I tried a second weed shirt and now thats stuck in review along with my first one lol

I would imagine they will get it sorted out in a couple days

But I can confirm, **** shirts are good to go

So is it on us to remove existing designs that violate the kids policy??

We can't just uncheck the kids option so that would require de-listing if that's the case.

I need to find a video breakdown about the updates cause the policy page is pretty vague.

Oct stats
Screenshot_20181031-132114_Chrome.jpg

Nice dude, how many designs you got up?

I should not have slacked on this. Haven't uploaded designs in a while, only have 89 total. I think I made $58 in October :lol:

Nice dude, how many designs you got up?

I should not have slacked on this. Haven't uploaded designs in a while, only have 89 total. I think I made $58 in October :lol:

I got like 1600 slots filled but probably only have 500 or 600 unique designs, maybe less. I put each design on most of the apparel products. I've been selling hella sweatshirts and hoodies lately, getting $6-$8 a pop on those.

I'm like 40 sales away from 2000 sales and tier 4k.

My goals are to double my profits this month, and then again in December. These next two months are the biggest for retail so going all in on filling these last slots up.

Dang $6-$8 on sweaters??

I got everything set for roughly a $3 profit margin :lol:

I guess an extra 1-2 dollars doesn't make a great deal of difference when you're purchasing. But of course that adds up massively for the seller across 100's of units.

Props on your October maldonado maldonado :pimp:

I had 200 sales. Looking for similar in Nov and December so maybe i should tweak my prices for higher margins while people are in buying mode throughout the holiday season.

Also is anyone actually using FBA or KDP to sell products other than shirts??

Dang $6-$8 on sweaters??

I got everything set for roughly a $3 profit margin :lol:

I guess an extra 1-2 dollars doesn't make a great deal of difference when you're purchasing. But of course that adds up massively for the seller across 100's of units.

Props on your October maldonado maldonado :pimp:

I had 200 sales. Looking for similar in Nov and December so maybe i should tweak my prices for higher margins while people are in buying mode throughout the holiday season.

thanks bro!

Damn 200 sales is good too man. You're right there

I have not started FBA or KDP but I will be diving into FBA in 2019 and selling stuff other than shirts. Gonna do some retail arbitrage to get my feet wet but my overall goal is private label. KDP sounds cool too, at some point would like to add that to the arsenal but its just a matter of finding the time.

Actually Etsy/Prinful integration for shirts is my top priority before FBA even. I have a shop now but just havent had the time to make it my main focus. Soon though I will be moving over from merch and concentrating on growing Etsy out.

I am getting $8-$10 a pop on Etsy and I only have like 20 listings up. Etsy is dope because it has analytics and much better tools, one thing that merch is severely lacking.

I just crossed 2000 sales on merch so a tier up to tier 4k is def in order. Bout to really be on 8)

Yeah I have consistently been getting $7-$8 a pop.
This was yesterday, sold these two
Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 12.11.50 PM.png

Nice dude. Sounds like you’re taking all the natural progressions with POD. And congrats on 2000 sales!

I’ve got an Etsy store rolling (with printful) Very slow going but I can see the potential to earn some decent change.

Only thing that has got me shook is returns. Not trying to eat the cost of the refund at all. I’ve read that some people put in their listings that purchases are not refundable but that seems like it would be a massive turn off.

I know the printful products are nice as I’ve ordered some samples for myself. So with Etsy i’m jus listing my best designs to minimise the chance of refunds.

Submitted my first phrase-based design over the weekend after getting approved for Merch just over a month ago.

How long does the review process take? I looked up on tmhunt.com to see that my first design phrase has a partial match with one that is already registered. Hoping my first design goes through though. Thanks for the tips maldonado!

Back
Top Bottom