Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

Yeah I need to delete some of my designs and really brainstorm and come up with a few solid tees. Still in the first tier so I need to be super picky.

How hard is it to get approved? I completely half assed my app thinking it was a given :lol: :smh:
well I went to school for graphic design and I wrote graffiti for years...
and I haven't been approved yet. so there's that.
I didn't half do my app and linked a site where you can see some of my illustration stuff...

there's a formula they must use but i'm not sure what it is. what you say in that app has to be a huge part of it though. I know ppl that have no art background whatsoever that were approved. one of which asked me to do something for them so they can put it up on merch lol.
yikes.

**** getting real

20190604_103510.jpg

Duuuuuude you are killing it.. I need to quit being so lazy.

Downloaded Over on my iPad the other day, still figuring it out. Can you use any fonts in the system on Merch? What about their "graphics" ?

Duuuuuude you are killing it.. I need to quit being so lazy.

Downloaded Over on my iPad the other day, still figuring it out. Can you use any fonts in the system on Merch? What about their "graphics" ?

Thanks bro, I have Over Pro and from what I remember from their TOS you're good using their fonts up to a certain # of sales.. but really who's counting.

I only use Over if I get an idea and I'm not at home in front of my laptop. I haven't used the graphics on there, not sure.

I do 99% of my designs in Merch Informer Designer on my laptop.

I have a couple go-to fonts that I've purchased that account for most of my designs.

I do occasionally bring in a graphic here or there but I use those elements very minimally.

I'm telling you, most of my designs are text-only lol

I do 99% of my designs in Merch Informer Designer on my laptop.

They're running a "special" right now, for $89.99 for a year. Worth it?

Just realized that my new work PC has GIMP admin locked... so I can't add fonts or anything. Bull**** but maybe it'll force me to use this damn iPad

Got approved last week :pimp:. Couple ideas I been mulling over..need to sit down and take some time this week to really grind it out

They're running a "special" right now, for $89.99 for a year. Worth it?

Just realized that my new work PC has GIMP admin locked... so I can't add fonts or anything. Bull**** but maybe it'll force me to use this damn iPad

I really only use it for designing, not for research anymore. I just do all my research directly on .com

The designer has some limitations, for example the curved text option sucks so I dont use it.

I am able to make stuff super quick though, stuff that sells, so for me it's been perfect.

I am in the process of learning AI so I can eventually make the switch over but right now my MI designed stuff is selling so it makes learning AI a tedious process. Eventually I'll get through it.

Just depends on what you need I guess.

Anyone ever had their shirts removed?
One of mine got taken down for copy right infringement.

Anyone ever had their shirts removed?
One of mine got taken down for copy right infringement.
Once when I first started. I guess dude supposedly was the first with this particular phrase.

I didnt really know **** but knowing what I know now I think I had a case to contest it. He didnt have a trademark, which is what you really need with phrasing. Things can vary depending on a few things but was yours a major brand or some random person claiming copyright?

They sent you their contact info, correct?

I didnt have success emailing them to discuss things but you can def try.

There are legitimate takedowns and there are also definitely illegitimate takedowns

I got an illegitimate takedown by the guy who owns "Rather be with my dog". He doesn't own any other TM's for specific breeds, and had mine taken down. I tried to prove to Amazon that he doesn't own it... but they just kept saying "get with the owner". So I just said **** it

Finally started uploading again - much easier with the bulk uploader where you can do 6+ products at a time. Been selling a few v-necks surprisingly. I'm t500 but only have 184 designs live (was at like 54 before a month or so ago, when I started trying again) so I figure there is no point in not uploading to all of the various products, right? If I eventually run out of slots before I tier up to 1000, I can just go back and delete the non-sellers to open some up.

Nothing like maldonado maldonado - but it is nice to at least see some results. Kinda wish I would have been hammering out designs this entire time, instead of doing basically nothing for 6+ months. Some of my months last year, were better than this year...

p2BltqU.png

Finally started uploading again - much easier with the bulk uploader where you can do 6+ products at a time. Been selling a few v-necks surprisingly. I'm t500 but only have 184 designs live (was at like 54 before a month or so ago, when I started trying again) so I figure there is no point in not uploading to all of the various products, right? If I eventually run out of slots before I tier up to 1000, I can just go back and delete the non-sellers to open some up.

Nothing like maldonado maldonado - but it is nice to at least see some results. Kinda wish I would have been hammering out designs this entire time, instead of doing basically nothing for 6+ months. Some of my months last year, were better than this year...

p2BltqU.png

Nice bro, I've had really good success with the multi uploader. Sold almost 1000 tanks in the 2 months I've had it, ****s unreal.

Keep at it, Q4 is 3 months away. It's all about the work you put in during Q3, definitely looking to do stupid numbers this year.

Just closed my best month, no ads, I do all my designs so pretty close to no overhead.
Screenshot_20190702-115913_Chrome.jpg

Still on a mish to $10k/month outside of the 4th qtr

Nice bro, I've had really good success with the multi uploader. Sold almost 1000 tanks in the 2 months I've had it, ****s unreal.

Keep at it, Q4 is 3 months away. It's all about the work you put in during Q3, definitely looking to do stupid numbers this year.

Just closed my best month, no ads, I do all my designs so pretty close to no overhead.
Screenshot_20190702-115913_Chrome.jpg

I need to get myself to this level. How are you guys getting traction on your products with no ads?

Killing it dude. Not gonna lie, I didn't really think it was possible to reach the levels you are reaching without hiring designers / using Ads / etc. But you are killing it by just continuing to put in the work. Makes me a little salty because you have been telling me (and everyone in this thread) for a year+ to just keep at it... and I let it slip up by pushing it off for months.

I need to get myself to this level. How are you guys getting traction on your products with no ads?

Keywords.

Your title is the most important part of the listing. There should be a lot of content out there on Youtube to learn more, an easy way is to go to the top selling shirts in whatever niche you're designing for and start to get a feel how their titles are written.

Takes time, but ultimately when you're designing and looking for niches/demand you want to niche down and get as specific as possible. It's possible but its gonna be pretty hard to break into, let's say, the generic 'fishing' niche with a generic fishing design but if you can make something funny and target 'dads that fly fish' you will break thru a bulk of that saturation: Funny Fly Fishing Dad Shirt

You can take it a step further by distressing the design.

Now you have:
Vintage Fly Fishing Dad Shirt

That's just an example, I dont know anything about that niche or how deep the comp is

If you read thru this thread I've written novels on some of this stuff lol

My growth was slow at first and I really wanted to make this work so I kept at it til I knew what I was doing. Theres def a learning curve though.

Thanks bro!

Killing it dude. Not gonna lie, I didn't really think it was possible to reach the levels you are reaching without hiring designers / using Ads / etc. But you are killing it by just continuing to put in the work. Makes me a little salty because you have been telling me (and everyone in this thread) for a year+ to just keep at it... and I let it slip up by pushing it off for months.

No doubt, yeah bro simply consistency. I have no prior design experience. I just saw the potential from jump so I jumped at the opportunity and have been building it out, teaching myself and refining my approach over time. There are people crushing 10× what I'm doing but I'm happy with where I'm at. ****s really starting to snowball now so sky's the limit man

When I started this thread I didnt even have an account yet, it's crazy to be at this point

It def takes work, theres a lot more competition now but if you want it bad enough and you commit time you can still do damage.

Sounds crazy but 6 figures/year is my goal, then I'll start using that money to fund some other things I have plans for

Lesgetit

Any thoughts on the PopSockets? I have zero uploaded, and wondering if I should create them for some of my decent shirt sellers.

Everything was a pain in the *** using GIMP on my work PC, but now that I have this iPad - I'm crushing things out a lot quicker. Even just changing the size of the canvas is 100x easier than it was in GIMP. Distressing way easier too. Just uploaded 3 new designs (3 designs x 7 products = 21 new listings) since my last post in this thread (while at work :lol:).

Anybody do anything for the raptors championship? I was plotting on some of but messes around and didn't complete it on time

Anybody do anything for the raptors championship? I was plotting on some of but messes around and didn't complete it on time

You'd probably get nipped for copyright with the quickness. You'd have to get really creative without using the Raptors name, logo, players, etc.

Anyone here every use Teesping? Same consept but you can also make coffe mugs, tote bags, pillows etc. Looking at the returns up there I believe with Teespring you get 55% of what you sold.Amazon is looking like you only keep 20-25%

You'd probably get nipped for copyright with the quickness. You'd have to get really creative without using the Raptors name, logo, players, etc.

Yea it wasn't anything that would be infringing. Think US polo assn type of deal :lol:. I still might post them up tho

Not even gonna lie to you fellas...I been slacking HARD on my merch game since end of 2018.

Still hovering around $200/month in royalties just from designs I have listed though.

Down to 382 live products at T2000 because I am just slacking on uploading.

Big holiday szn coming in about 2 months though so I will jump back on it come time for Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom