Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

Not even gonna lie to you fellas...I been slacking HARD on my merch game since end of 2018.

Still hovering around $200/month in royalties just from designs I have listed though.

Down to 382 live products at T2000 because I am just slacking on uploading.

Big holiday szn coming in about 2 months though so I will jump back on it come time for Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas.

T2000 is great though... and $200/mo isn't too shabby, from not doing anything for 6+ months.

I just looked up my stats, before June - I had only uploaded 1 design since July 2018.... what a slacker.

Finally started uploading again - much easier with the bulk uploader where you can do 6+ products at a time. Been selling a few v-necks surprisingly. I'm t500 but only have 184 designs live (was at like 54 before a month or so ago, when I started trying again) so I figure there is no point in not uploading to all of the various products, right? If I eventually run out of slots before I tier up to 1000, I can just go back and delete the non-sellers to open some up.

Nothing like maldonado maldonado - but it is nice to at least see some results. Kinda wish I would have been hammering out designs this entire time, instead of doing basically nothing for 6+ months. Some of my months last year, were better than this year...

p2BltqU.jpg

Need to keep the momentum going...

oPdKJJk.jpg

Last edited:
T2000 is great though... and $200/mo isn't too shabby, from not doing anything for 6+ months.

I just looked up my stats, before June - I had only uploaded 1 design since July 2018.... what a slacker.
Yo be careful about uploading with that much of a break in between. This guy in my merch group on FB lost his account for inactivity for not uploading anything for 8 months.

Yo be careful about uploading with that much of a break in between. This guy in my merch group on FB lost his account for inactivity for not uploading anything for 8 months.

Well I should be good now, right? Account had dwindled to around 50 designs just a few months ago, but now I'm up to 218.

Seeing sales every couple of days is great, but also makes me realize how much time I wasted when I could've been throwing **** up just to see if it sells.

Well I should be good now, right? Account had dwindled to around 50 designs just a few months ago, but now I'm up to 218.

Seeing sales every couple of days is great, but also makes me realize how much time I wasted when I could've been throwing **** up just to see if it sells.
Yea you should be straight now. It has been about a month since my last upload, I will probably throw some new designs up this week.

Need to keep the momentum going...

oPdKJJk.jpg

Nice bro! Remember Q4 is right around the corner. Last year I hadn't yet had my first $1k month yet til Q4.

It's been on ever since

guys, someone explain to me how i can get in the game... please?

You have to apply for an account.

I'm on my phone but just google 'merch by Amazon' and apply

Keep in mind not everybody gets in

Nice bro! Remember Q4 is right around the corner. Last year I hadn't yet had my first $1k month yet til Q4.

Do you do a lot of PopSockets? If I have shirts that are selling decently, should I just throw them up on PopSockets (and hoodies) as well?

I'm trying to see how to "maximize" a certain niche. I have a design/phrase that isn't that common, should I just hammer that niche with the same phrase in a bunch of other styles / fonts?

Do you do a lot of PopSockets? If I have shirts that are selling decently, should I just throw them up on PopSockets (and hoodies) as well?

I'm trying to see how to "maximize" a certain niche. I have a design/phrase that isn't that common, should I just hammer that niche with the same phrase in a bunch of other styles / fonts?

I dont upload popsockets anymore. I failed badly with em lol

I had put a few hundred up when they came out and the sales I got didnt justify continuing to upload em so I stick with strictly apparel now. I've come to discover that's my lane. I personally love hoodies and sweatshirts. Tanks though are by far the best new product. I've sold almost 1k already in 2 months

Some people CRUSH with popsockets though

I would def try a few out if you have the slots and see what happens. You can always delete em later

As far as your second question yeah I would throw that phrase up in a few different fonts, do a light and dark version so you can put both on dark shirts and light shirts (dark colored tanks have been out of stock for like a month so all my white/lighter colored tanks are taking off now)

Idk what niche you're referring to but another way to add something different is to design an alternate "retro/vintage" version, with a 70s color palette/fonts

There is a font on Over, I think its called 'Summer Of 76', I've sold tons of shirts with that font and 70s colors. Across multiple niches

You might be up on it but a great way to find the correct color pallette is simply google: 70s vintage hex code' and a bunch of options will pop up. Then just use those codes for an exact color match

Last edited:
I dont upload popsockets anymore. I failed badly with em lol

I had put a few hundred up when they came out and the sales I got didnt justify continuing to upload em so I stick with strictly apparel now. I've come to discover that's my lane. I personally love hoodies and sweatshirts. Tanks though are by far the best new product. I've sold almost 1k already in 2 months

Some people CRUSH with popsockets though

I would def try a few out if you have the slots and see what happens. You can always delete em later

As far as your second question yeah I would throw that phrase up in a few different fonts, do a light and dark version so you can put both on dark shirts and light shirts (dark colored tanks have been out of stock for like a month so all my white/lighter colored tanks are taking off now)

Idk what niche you're referring to but another way to add something different is to design an alternate "retro/vintage" version, with a 70s color palette/fonts

There is a font on Over, I think its called 'Summer Of 76', I've sold tons of shirts with that font and 70s colors. Across multiple niches

You might be up on it but a great way to find the correct color pallette is simply google: 70s vintage hex code' and a bunch of options will pop up. Then just use those codes for an exact color match

Great info, thanks. I need to figure out how to get those color codes into ProCreate. Lot of my recent sales have been tank tops as well. I have them priced pretty low at the moment, but was hoping that people would start buying the t-shirt / long sleeve / sweatshirt versions as well... but maybe just tanks for now since it is summer, after all.

maldonado maldonado - just got an email invite from RJ to join the "top secret research group" for $20 or something like that.

Worth it?

Sorry bro been on vaca and just seeing this now.

Idk if it's still open is it?

Its dope, it's a private Slack group, with webinars and monthly design elements and research.

Worth it? Yes. Necessary? I think its great for new folks to really get caught up quickly and to have access to folks that have already have success to answer questions, etc but I feel like you understand the game already

Damn I need to get on it. Haven't uploaded any for probably a month. Still at 242 out of 500 designs. Need to knock some out and see if I get tiered up eventually. Guess it doesn't matter if I'm not even filling them now.

Finally got my swagger back. Back up over 1,000 designs and have sold 26 shirts so far this month. Have some stuff taking off for Halloween so now I'm gonna go all out for Christmas.

Good stuff dude. That works going to pay off starting next month :pimp:

Damn I need to get on it. Haven't uploaded any for probably a month. Still at 242 out of 500 designs. Need to knock some out and see if I get tiered up eventually. Guess it doesn't matter if I'm not even filling them now.

To get tired up you need hit 75% of your upload allowance (375 in your case) and you need to have your tiers equivalent in sales (500)

Stick with it man.

Who can reccomend a good video or guide to getting into FBA? I might wanna try this on the side
In my experience, which honestly hasnt been good at all period, I'd say that there isnt a vid that can help you get selected.

I wouldnt even waste my time watching videos of ppl giving tips on what to put up unless you get selected first. Their selection process is bull**** IMO.

Yo, check your sale/royalty counts ASAP yal.

I found a huge discrepancy between my daily sales count and the 7 day range count that the dashboard displays.

For example, 11/11-11/18 my dashboard is saying I have sold 25 products.

However, when I count up the sales day to day (example 11/11-11/11, 11/12-11/12, etc) my total sales count is actually 52 products.

In my case, this has been going on for MONTHS. I am honestly sick to my stomach.

I emailed Merch Support and they are looking into it, but I am not optimistic that they will do the right thing.

If they don't resolve this I might honestly call it quits. They have completely nuked my sales and I put in too much work to see that much profit being throttled.

I will let you guys know the outcome as soon as I hear back.

That discrepancy was an issue for like a week and a half. It was just showing 2 days combined. It's back to normal now. The overall sales numbers are correct, just looking at individual days was showing two days combined

All was fixed for me about 2 days ago and I've had huge sales days both days. Not sure what the glitch was but I'm still convinced my sales were affected by it. It is what it is I guess. If December is mediocre I am probably going to take a big step back from Merch.

Your Amazon Purchase Could Come From the Garbage

Some Amazon third-party sellers sell second-hand products as new on the site—some even claim to sell products they found while digging through garbage dumpsters. The Wall Street Journal set out to test their claims by setting up an Amazon storefront and gathering some trash.

Q4 been good for you guys??

Yea, at least compared to the rest of the year. I wasted a lot of the last 6 months not uploading any new designs, and regret that now (and I knew I would, was just too lazy and had other **** going on)

Random question but I went to change the price on a shirt I have about a month or 2 ago. Didn't change any wording at all, literally just changed it from $17.99 to $19.99 - and it was rejected. The thing is.... its still available to buy, and is actually my best seller. So I got a rejection email, but it still sells almost daily. I wanted to raise the price to make more profit, but I've just kind of left it alone for fear of it actually being rejected.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom