Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

I'm trying to get my wife on board to do this :lol:
I wanna do it myself but honestly dont think I have the time.
She stays at home with our kids and sells on poshmark, so I figured this could be an extension of that. And something she could probably make more money off of with less time once everything is set up an running.

So my first step is to apply for an account right?

What software are you guys using or would recommend to a beginner?

Also saw someone post in here that they're paying ppl 4 bucks a pop for designs.
Again, I know nothing about this. But that seems dumb low to pay someone to design something for you. Is that a normal rate I could expect to pay someone?

I was also expecting more returns, especially as I got hit with some early returns, but it quickly stopped happening.

smedroc nice sale rate for Christmas. Did you target Christmas shirts or was it mostly evergreen sales?

I have found January sales to be excellent, but that the consumer is more price sensitive. What is everyone else finding?

Thanks man.

December was a combination for me. My best seller was a fantasy loser shirt which i made in 2 mins and had reservations about listing :lol:

Going in though I had a designer make 40 Christmas shirts for me. I can draw/illustrate but i don't have the time or work fast enough to do big character pieces myself. The designs were good but it's tough to hit a homerun when there's so much competition. I had a few sell in the 20-30 region but nothing crazy.

Just checked the report and i had 135 unique designs sell so i'd say 110 of those were not related to Christmas at all.

I somehow got lost in a YouTube tunnel with Amazon FBA. Just got approved rn after waiting a few days! Decided to check if NT had a thread and here I am!

Any tips?

I'm already aware that I can't sell Nike/Adidas/etc

Where did you guys start?

I'm selling my own products. Listed it and got a sale within the first day, but we already have a brand that we market and promote, so it was an organic search from people looking for us.

Paid the $60 for Amazon to get us 5 reviews, so what would you guys suggest next? Also, what do you suggest if you have your own warehouse? I just started looking into the potential of Amazon.

Is there any way to get customer data like where or how your customers found you or where your orders ship to, etc? Or does Amazon keep all that private?

Last edited:
I somehow got lost in a YouTube tunnel with Amazon FBA. Just got approved rn after waiting a few days! Decided to check if NT had a thread and here I am!

Any tips?

I'm already aware that I can't sell Nike/Adidas/etc

Where did you guys start?

Don’t use anything that’s trademarked. If you have an idea for a product run it through a trademark checker like www.tmhunt.com

And Merch and FBA are two different things....

https://www.repricerexpress.com/fba-sellers-guide-merch-amazon/

I'm selling my own products. Listed it and got a sale within the first day, but we already have a brand that we market and promote, so it was an organic search from people looking for us.

Paid the $60 for Amazon to get us 5 reviews, so what would you guys suggest next? Also, what do you suggest if you have your own warehouse? I just started looking into the potential of Amazon.

Once you’ve tiered up and got all your branded products on merch I would start going the novelty route like the majority of sellers.

You can just change the brand names of the novelty shirts so they don’t turn up in your brand searches.

The warehouse would be good if you got onto Etsy or Shopify as you have to use 3rd party print on demand (printful, printify) and they don’t process/accept returns like Amazon do.

Is there any way to get customer data like where or how your customers found you or where your orders ship to, etc? Or does Amazon keep all that private?

You can find out what search terms/ keywords people are using to find your products if you use the AMS marketing.

Shipping info is off limits though.

Got approved a couple days ago.
Just submitted my first design.

Eventually gonna branch out to etsy, red bubble and stuff to expand the reach.

But gonna get this down first.
Curious to see how this all plays out

Does anyone know how long they usually take to approve stuff for merch?

For tier 10 and maybe 25 everything is manually reviewed so it can take a half a day to 24 hours or so. Keep in mind on weekends they dont do manual reviews.

Once you get past the first tier or so things can be approved in 15-30 minutes on average as most dont go to manual review. If something gets flagged in the auto-check it will go to manual and the same timeframe applies.

Congrats on taking the plunge bro, there is crazy potential. It takes time, a lot of people give up without committing the time required in the beginning. My advice is to stick with it. Suspend expectations but continually learn what sells and how to properly SEO your listing with keywords. Im 1.5 years in and its paying all of my bills monthly. And I'm just getting started.

I’ve noticed that things get approved faster when you submit early in the am

but I’m a super rookie so I’m not offering advice

I’m still waiting for the ability to advertise

For tier 10 and maybe 25 everything is manually reviewed so it can take a half a day to 24 hours or so. Keep in mind on weekends they dont do manual reviews.

Once you get past the first tier or so things can be approved in 15-30 minutes on average as most dont go to manual review. If something gets flagged in the auto-check it will go to manual and the same timeframe applies.

Congrats on taking the plunge bro, there is crazy potential. It takes time, a lot of people give up without committing the time required in the beginning. My advice is to stick with it. Suspend expectations but continually learn what sells and how to properly SEO your listing with keywords. Im 1.5 years in and its paying all of my bills monthly. And I'm just getting started.

Thanks man. Making a solid effort to try new stuff and break out the mold.
Online commerce is the way of the future and I rather be part of it than get left behind.

Made a basic design off the rip just to get something up and learn the process.

How much time are you putting in weekly?

Thanks man. Making a solid effort to try new stuff and break out the mold.
Online commerce is the way of the future and I rather be part of it than get left behind.

Made a basic design off the rip just to get something up and learn the process.

How much time are you putting in weekly?

E commerce is def the future brother

Lotttta ways to do it, MBA is the best platform to get your feet wet.

I quit my day job almost 2 years ago so I work my online stuff in between taking care of my kids. Kinda hard to quantify an exact number of hours because I wake up and go to sleep plotting, and also Im not able to work in big blocks of time with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old so Im kind of working whenever they're taking a nap or playing, or after theyre all out at night.

I def commit a bunch of time to it but I dont have a day job so Im bout it

I know some folks with day jobs that commit 10-20 hours a week though

Some work it full time

Wow just finished reading all 29 pages of this after I randomly stumbled across it. I actually already do some online e-commerce stuff so this is very interesting to me! A few questions though, I see that many of you have had great success as I tracked the progress from the early stages to now, but do you feel your designs have improved since the start? I would be keen to see a design made from Day 1 to a design which is selling well today.

Also I saw that someone recommended the Over app for text based designs, are there any other apps which are working for people? I would be interested in having access to a variety of different texts/fonts.

Congratulations on all your success! It was really a great read following from Page 1 to now. I submitted my application earlier today :smile:

Interesting in doing this. I have a lot of ideas. How would one go about determining whether or not a design constitutes copyright infringement? Like if I wanted to make a design about a movie theme, would I just have to remove certain elements so that it's not an exact copy?

Back
Top Bottom