America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 Thread

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Calm down. It's just a dance show. I think it's funny that everyone kind of mutinied against SS just because they implied that they were on the Jabbawockeez level. Ya'll Jabbawockeez groupies need to take it down a notch. I'm pretty sure there's someone out there who can rip it just as good or even better than them. I liked the Jabbawockeez but some of ya'll act like ya'll are in the group. Honestly, they never even brought up the whole subject. Mr #1 groupie Shane Sparks himself brought it up....they were suckered into answering the question. Voters need to stop trippin' on that oh they're cocky stuff....when you're good 9 times out of 10 you know it. I could care less about how cocky they are as long as they go out there and dance and give it 110%. Stop getting emotional. Just vote for whoever was the best that night.

obviously i'm sure there are crews outside of the US that are on another level from jabba. but that's not the point. you DO NOT come into a showwhere you haven't proven yourself and say you just beat the defending champs in a battle. it's like kobe bryant coming into the L in his first yr andsayin' he whup michael jordan's %%#+ 1-on-1 and proclaim he's the best. you think anybody would expect nothing but the best and if he fails to comeclose, it's a failure.

SS is stupid for putting themselves up for comparisons. they're not as good as jabba, but had they kept their mouth shut, they wouldn't be comparedto jabba and they would be very good if compared to season 2's crews. hell, no crew in this season is as good as kaba modern.

um, son, everything involves emotion in this world. if you don't believe, well, you prollie ain't human.

and they got suckered into the question? i heard bionic offered the idea of them battling jabba first and MTV told them to make it public. so obviously theywanted to make it public

It's wack that SS got booted off but I think for THIS week, the votes were correct cause they really weren't that sick last week. Boogie Bots weredope though with their "evolution of human to robot" as well as some other stuff.

Still, with that said, SS got played from day one and never got the cred they deserved throughout.

Originally Posted by I fLiPzKiCkZ I

On Monday, the crews practice in the stage and work with the camera crew to set up the angles.

Tuesday, they have a dress rehearsal recorded prior to the real tapings. This way they can get all the angles they might miss during the live audience taping. This explains Jackie's tie from SoReal coming off during her close up, but then reattached in the next cut. They wanted a close up of her face to show how much she was into the dance. This also explains the clip of Boogie Bots when dude fell. In the live audience taping (the one that was shown on tv), he didn't fall with his hands on their backs, but in the next episode with the clip, it shows him with his hands on their backs, obviously showing his fault.

No such thing as "setting up the angles,"

the cameras stay put and there are numerous cameras to provide the "angles" you claim are "setting up."

There are video editors on-set that know how to do their job,

quickly enough to note if there's a speech problem or a distraction in the back.

Retakes are done during the tapings if a mistake occurs (i.e. someone cussing in the audience, etc.).

Tapings happen on Tuesday (with exception of the Live Auditions episode and the first episode).

No such thing as "dress rehearsal" unless it's on their own time.

And your example of Jackie's missing tie was just a mistake they missed.

Good example of video editors slackin' on their job.
laugh.gif

i dont get why everyones hating on the boogie bots, arent the votes based on the previous weeks performance? IMO as far #$+ last weeks performance Boogie Bots> SS

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

SS was damn overrated throughout the whole show.. I never felt them and they were never that clean.. Within the format of this show.. They have simply not been the best group this season..

HAHAHAHAHA

indifferent.gif

They are NOT overrated and no one said they were the best group this season, they just didn't deserve to get 5th place.

Originally Posted by wildout4

yeah boogie bots killed last weeks performance

thats exactly what im saying, so how is it there fault that they DIDNT get voted off tonight?

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

- MTV only puts pretty people in the crowd and each person gets paid $50 dollars just to watch the show, thats why you usally see more girls then guys.

- Each crew has to beg in order to wear what they want, MTv does provide them with clothes, but if you want to wear what you wanna wear, you have to beg.

- So Real gets the better part of the clothing and making the other crews don't.

- All the crew members has of contact, and each person stays with only one roommate. If you wanna leave the hotel you can't, so basically the only entertainment they have is the N64 controller thats connected to the t.v.

- They can't leave the room, they have to ask permission.

www. 1iota .com, free tickets to the show, you don't get paid. i've been to wildn'out and all that.. you just have to request your ticketsearly.. my friend went to last seasons, didn't get paid..

2632446210_bd5c146d0d.jpg

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

I'll let you guys know a few things about this show.

- First off, believe it or not, Supreme Soul was not suppose to go home in the first place. After the show was done and watching Supreme Soul get eliminated as of today, MTV producers told them that it was a mistake not to send them home. Randy Jackson was suppose to come out and save them, but he was late.

- Lil Mama was crying in the back after the show was done because she did not want them to go home.

- Every dancer on the show wears make up/foundation.

- Mario Lopez has the most make up on the show, it's like a dam mask on his face.

- Fanny Pack is already getting paid since day one, there just there on the show to build up there cred. They use there body in sexual ways to get more votes.

- They shoot on Monday, Tuesdays & Wednesdays in order to get the right angle shots for the camera and the show.

- Miguel from Boogie Bots is an Isser/NTer.

- MTV only puts pretty people in the crowd and each person gets paid $50 dollars just to watch the show, thats why you usally see more girls then guys.

- So Real bites/steals moves from other crews from watching youtube videos and such other videos.

- Each crew doesn't pick there song, MTV does.

- Each crew has to beg in order to wear what they want, MTv does provide them with clothes, but if you want to wear what you wanna wear, you have to beg.

- Each crew member gets paid $500 dollars a week.

- Each crew has no internet source or no phone source. They take there phone away on mondays and give it back to them on wednesdays.

- They stay at a nice hotel somewhere in L.A, I forgot the location.

- Fanny Pack is not as bad as you think they are. Alot of people hate on them, but they are more precise and more on point then alot of the other crews.

- So Real gets the better part of the clothing and making the other crews don't.

- All the crew members has of contact, and each person stays with only one roommate. If you wanna leave the hotel you can't, so basically the only entertainment they have is the N64 controller thats connected to the t.v.

- They can't leave the room, they have to ask permission.

- They have all the room service they want.

- Tickets are free to anyone, its a matter of time, and when you have ordered them.

Thats all I can think of now. Again, it really sucks that Supreme Soul is gone, but I'm going to meet all the members of Supreme Soul soon.
I really wouldnt doubt dnks r nice's info cause he knows Mitch from SS.Check dunks r nice's blog

Originally Posted by allnyter00

I really wouldnt doubt dnks r nice's info cause he knows Mitch from SS.Check dunks r nice's blog

So?
laugh.gif

He's full of crap. 85% of that list is false, 10% is unnecessary, and 5% is SLIGHTLY true.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

So?
laugh.gif

He's full of crap. 85% of that list is false, 10% is unnecessary, and 5% is SLIGHTLY true.

How do you know so much? Just curious. no hate.

Originally Posted by chengdizzle

So?
laugh.gif

How do you know so much? Just curious. no hate.
Yeah, i would also like to know how you know so much about this show, since you disagree with almost everything people say about the tapings and such.

My friend from HS cousin was on SS.

What I was TOLD was that
-They got $50 each for their clothing every week. So they combined money.
-And they did have phone privelages because he called them on a daily basis and let them know wassup.
- They got to go outside and roam as they pleased. And he said they got stopped EVERYWHERE and felt like celebs.

i was thinking... since the east coast gets to see the show first, the voting starts right after the show. while the whole east coast is voting for boogiebots, us people in the west coast is still watching the show, like 3 hours behind. so maybe thats why they got more votes than the west, ie SS and SC.

and i was also thinking, boogie bots is gonna get even more sympathy votes, because of lil mamas speech. all the fans are gonna vote even more, plus theystarted early.

Originally Posted by xdc2b18c1x

i was thinking... since the east coast gets to see the show first, the voting starts right after the show. while the whole east coast is voting for boogie bots, us people in the west coast is still watching the show, like 3 hours behind. so maybe thats why they got more votes than the west, ie SS and SC.

and i was also thinking, boogie bots is gonna get even more sympathy votes, because of lil mamas speech. all the fans are gonna vote even more, plus they started early.

I seriously doubt that's the reason. I'm on the west coast. I have Directv and my programming is on east coast time, so I see it the same as theeast. I'm sure most if not all directv subscribers have the same east coast programming.

About each crew's wardrobe. ABDC has a wardrobe staff and advises what the crews should be wearing. Check out the pics below. Kara Saun, who is the headof wardrobe for ABDC is at Attic bouique picking up clothing for one of the episodes. Kara Saun is from Bravo's "Project Runway" where she wasone of the hit designers on the reality TV show. You can find out more about her by directing yourself to www.KaraSaun.com.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/JAYMATIK/?action=view&current=dancecrew1.jpg http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/JAYMATIK/?action=view&current=dancecrew2.jpg http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/JAYMATIK/?action=view&current=dancecrew3.jpg
Look familiar?

Originally Posted by PrimeSole

Yeah, i would also like to know how you know so much about this show, since you disagree with almost everything people say about the tapings and such.

I'll just say I'm there every week.

All I did was reply back to 2 people's posts, though. Nothing more.

Originally Posted by PrimeSole

I'll just say I'm there every week.

All I did was reply back to 2 people's posts, though. Nothing more.

Every week until your crew gets knocked off or every week as an audience member??
laugh.gif

Finally agreed with something Lil Mama said. Maybe not wearing a cap makes her smarter?

I feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. I think Fanny Pack has been the most consistent, cleanest, and most original crew all season.So Real is SO overrated... there is no comparison to Kaba at all... it just blows my mind that there's so much hype around them. Supreme Soul sort ofbacked themselves into a corner early on when people realized they were the rivals of Jabawockeez and they failed to live up to the consistency of that crew.Super Kr3w is the most fun to watch. Boogie Bots are just GARBAGE.

Attention Boogie Bots fans... watch this video and see if you find anything familiar... PI All-Stars @ Hip-HopInternationals '07, third place.

Super Cr3w has this in the bag.

I really wish the competition was structured in such a way that the crews could perform twice a week.

Seeing some of the best crews only once a week then voted off grinds my gears.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Super Cr3w has this in the bag.

I really wish the competition was structured in such a way that the crews could perform twice a week.

Seeing some of the best crews only once a week then voted off grinds my gears.

Yeah I wish that too, but they only have a week to practice a new choreo... less than a week if what people are saying about the 3-day recording period istrue.

Back
Top Bottom