AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

ChrisChicago,
I'm glad that you guys said that it wasn't Nike who put those pics up! That would have been embarrassing!

JoeJoeBob,

How do YOU play defense? :lol:
laugh.gif
You got some new techniques or something? :wow:
eek.gif
Aren't you supposed to be up on your TOES, splitting your man, forcing him to his weak side, or funneling him toward the defense? If a dude crosses you up while you are on your HEELS, you are gonna be left standing there lurching! :D
happy.gif

And1 has made some nice shoes to ball in. The Rekanize, The Rise, and the Tai Chi were all some serious kicks on court for me. I am very interested in quite a few of these, I just hope that they are available off line.

Peace

I sure as hell dont play defense like this:

Reh%20Toes.jpg

You said they have shoes that specifically bend at the midfoot. Its for dancing like that.

And yes, when i play defense i'm on my toes. That's why shoes are flexible at the forefoot. your foot has joints at the toes, not the midfoot.

Uhh sir, that is Ballet that you've pictured, not Modern Dance! :lol:
laugh.gif
There is a biiiiiggggg difference in the footwear! Also, I'd hate to break it to ya, and I won't bust your chops about it here, take a look at an anatomy chart before you suggest that feet are not flexible at the midfoot, HECK! Just look at the Ballerina above! Your suggestion for the need of a midfoot shank in hoop shoes, would then be completely unnecessary, and then would be rendered one of those "gimmicks" that people use to sell shoes!

Peace :lol:
laugh.gif

does anyone notice a certain person's writing style in this post-Cyde Aphekt=Cyjack? I know he went missing from that OTHER site, so is he back to our side?

I think that there has been some good info shared on this post, leaving questions about what a Basketball shoe is actually supposed to do for the foot. I don't want to distract from this post any further, but no, I am not another poster that is being refered to here. However I am involved in the training of athletes, and this is why I know a little bit about some things in regard to injury, and the prevention thereof.

Back 2 AND1, again I am looking forward to trying out a few of these new joints up in those pics.....

Peace

those "open runs" are clean. I wouldnt mind picking up a pair for ballin, as long as there are comfy and durable.

Has anyone actually played ball in the Edge's yet.

Is it just me or is there a difference between the bend in the Flightposites and Edges vs. the Playoff Iversons. Yes, they all seem to have that flex, but the Iverson seems to be stretching foward as well as down, whereas the aforementioned two only are flexing downwards?

I had them for a little bit, but only shot around in them for maybe an hour. Got them from zappos. I'd say they run true to size. Maybe a little narrow for my wide foot, but they would have stretched and been fine. I sent them back because they bothered my in the ankle. But this happens a lot with mids and hi-tops, I prefer lows.

That said, they were kind of minimalistic, but the cushioning felt good. Court feel and traction were excellent. Unless you have foot issues and need a lot of support, I'd guess you'd have no problems. ..Especially if you're on the younger side (under 24). And they were cool looking shoes. I'm definitely planning on getting the lows. too bad they don't seem to be releasing the apples (in low).

^ Yeah I need to get the Chi colorway off Finishline for $40...they're a great lookin shoe.
IT IS[/center]

Truly appreciate the info Chris Chicago...very helpful. The upper seems a bit pliable so I'm hoping you're correct, and they stretch.

team ********, definitely agree with you on the Finishline Exclusives. Very, very nice.

One thing I wish I could expose to other sneakerheads on here, is the Trinity System. Wow. :wow:
eek.gif
A-Cubed (A3) and Shox technology are much, much more well known. I have the Mystiques, and those are one of my favorite kicks to play in currently. Shox basketball kicks seem to have a bit of a dead feeling to them, but the Trinity Cushioning gives me this natural comfort feeling while playing. Also the Breathibility on the Mystique is very nice, and the achilles collar gives me all the comfort I need.

Not a huge fan on the Strapped (?), but if I find them on clearence, I'll definitely give them a try.

I'd get the Mystique's if they were like 3 inches shorter. Them joints are like the height of boots

I just got my finishline black-red edges in yesterday, and they look great in person. i personally think that they look even better than the apples did in person.

although i havent actually played in them yet, i wore them around a little and i really like them. there definately seems to be more cushioning than there looks, and they are a little bit narrow, but i have wide feet. they also made my feet look huge when i had them on, because of the shape.

from the little time i had them on it felt like it was a part of my foot, like the there was just rubber glued on to the bottom of my feet, which for me is great.

my only concern is ankle support, but i'll try to write more after i play in them on monday.

Quote:
JoeJoe, the fact that most hoop shoes are rigid under the arch isnt enough to conclude that this is physically the best way to build a hoops shoe. though i will concede it suggests it. But I'm more curious about the science and rationale behind this design detail. Is it really better (absoolutely necessary/) or is it just something they add on, hype up, and charge more for?

not to further direct the attention away from the shoes but , having a shank plate it is not a new concept, i am sure they have been around for a while but became more important with foam cushoning because of the degardation of foam over time. i believe the reason most shoes have that rigidness under the midfoot is not so much to prevent flexing but to improve arch support over the life of the shoe...

the tricky part is figuring out how much rigidity/support is necessary for your feet because as previously stated, we all have diiferent feet types, so most kicks are made to try to accomodate most feet...so if you have flat feet(needing mores support) or high arches(needing more cushioning) your needs will likely differ...

i still have not be able to find a store that carries the edge...
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Thats cool that they are selling that P.E....Im not Peurto Rican, a Carlos fan, or a fan of the shoes...
But hey still cool that they are putting them for sole..
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

here are some of the q1-07 samples:

i'll start off with the TRANSITION MID:
the transition's strap can be removed. the shoe is real light but also real stable. my personal q1-07 favorite.

WARNING CAMERA PHONE PICS!!
2h5tzx4.jpg

40nwvx2.jpg

4bolyd5.jpg

without strap:
4ghv0jq.jpg

INSANE GAME:
with the highly intecipated "l2g" tech. now i know a few heads that have tested this shoe and everyone of them said that the l2g tech is the truest bball tech out there now!

2it23hw.jpg

4go3ubr.jpg

tech closeup:
2gx21cz.jpg

PHANTOM MID:
although the shoe looks real warm it isn't. the holes are functional.

4hix6b4.jpg

49hvg42.jpg

EDGE LOW:
alot of you guys have also been mentioning the edge low, well here are some pics. EXTREMELY LIGHT SHOE!!

3z8p7ag.jpg

2q1b0qo.jpg

343g6tg.jpg

REBEL MID:
i think the rebel will be a $55 shoe, also real light. the leather quality is also unbelievable for a $55 shoe.

470epao.jpg

43mnyf9.jpg

344w4eu.jpg

ASPHALT LOW:
the asphalt mid is selling through real good right now and i think the low is going to do even better.

47jw5xv.jpg

2cxdc80.jpg

the sole, note that the holes are also functional, and1 is not bs'ing in q1!

42tk7k9.jpg

48670ww.jpg

-KeonClark7, please update title to "pics update pg 17"
thx, b

Back
Top Bottom