And 1 Mixtape Vol 1. Appreciation Vol. Skip To My Lou!!

gifs+(2).gif
Oooof, this always strikes a soft spot in my heart, seeing my homecourt. Anyone here a Foster Beach (Chicago) person? Incredible how courts were just packed back then, was beautiful. Wish I was there this day (was before socials) but oh well.

Been watching a lot of old EBC lately. Good times. Alimoe is still that dude.

I remember in the 6th and 7th grade we would test some of these moves on courts in the richer neighborhoods. Kids that we played over there used to be so confused that they didn't catch all the carrying and traveling we'd do. Thank God there wasn't YouTube back then so they never wised up to it. :lol:

I had an unhealthy obsession with these videos. I probably needed to see a psychologist about it. I mastered the moves and would try to dehumanize opponents to the point that it wasn't even ethical. Hit one boy with the in n out/around the back/snatch back with the right hand/step back. He hit the deck after the snatch and was crawling to me with his hand in the air by the time I pulled up and hit the shot. Good times.

Me and my boys we would watch this all the time. Then when we played ball be our own hype man:lol:

We all got hooked when And1 got the show on ESPN.

I always wanted to see Hot Sauce hoop FORREAL.

Whenever he came to the Goodman, he never played. He would sit on the side and watch the AND1 squad play the Goodman squad.

Amazing atmosphere

"Show."

That is essentially what they were. Pro wrestling styled basketball. :lol:

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9

I mean, it´s not like they invented the concept.

Espn Basketball GIF by Harlem Globetrotters - Find & Share on GIPHY

...but man, I loved AND 1 back in The Day...my mom worked at a stadium so I´d go when they came to town.

had so many of those shirts with Sin Cara on the front like I wasn´t pretty much trash on the court, humorous.

I always wanted to see Hot Sauce hoop FORREAL.

Whenever he came to the Goodman, he never played. He would sit on the side and watch the AND1 squad play the Goodman squad.

Amazing atmosphere

Back before I had my rapid fall off at the age of liek 24, I played against him/them. When he came to the Open Run, he and White Chocolate where hand picking guys out of the crowd and playing them 1 on 1 to 2. They only picked little guys and still had to cheat to win and give themselves ball first. Joe Pope (not the "Oh Baby! That's my GodSon the Professaaaah!" guy but he does the same thing but more comedian/roast style, I'm sure you know him but for other people) had nicknamed me "Malik Yoba aint got no tube socks on," he was like play my man Maik Yoba, both looked at me and was like nah. I'm 6 feet tall. White Chocolate was high as a kite every time you saw him even during the game, and after he may have been on some even harder ****. His eyes were glazed and wide open and he was just staring into the abyss when I saw him in the office collecting his cut off the door

In the game later that night, he hit me with that dumb move he does where he starts to go left then grabs the ball back with his right hand and crosses back to his same hand on the right side of his body from that same left side, sometimes he stops there and like dances. Lightweight crossed me but and I didn't fall but my legs did something weird, they like locked up or something then he stepped back and hit a baseline jumper over my weak contest. I could find the clip.

Back before I had my rapid fall off at the age of liek 24, I played against him/them. When he came to the Open Run, he and White Chocolate where hand picking guys out of the crowd and playing them 1 on 1 to 2. They only picked little guys and still had to cheat to win and give themselves ball first. Joe Pope (not the "Oh Baby! That's my GodSon the Professaaaah!" guy but he does the same thing but more comedian/roast style, I'm sure you know him but for other people) had nicknamed me "Malik Yoba aint got no tube socks on," he was like play my man Maik Yoba, both looked at me and was like nah. I'm 6 feet tall. White Chocolate was high as a kite every time you saw him even during the game, and after he may have been on some even harder ****. His eyes were glazed and wide open and he was just staring into the abyss when I saw him in the office collecting his cut off the door

In the game later that night, he hit me with that dumb move he does where he starts to go left then grabs the ball back with his right hand and crosses back to his same hand on the right side of his body from that same left side, sometimes he stops there and like dances. Lightweight crossed me but and I didn't fall but my legs did something weird, they like locked up or something then he stepped back and hit a baseline jumper over my weak contest. I could find the clip.

Great story. Find that clip! :lol:

PO

I wanted to play in the game so bad. I tried out in new Orleans but didn't get enough touches to get saucy with it.

Back
Top Bottom