And so the attack on the internet starts....

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Republicans get in office and they try to do this BS. 

funny thing is, Republicans have only been elected, they haven't taken office yet 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

funny thing is, Republicans have only been elected, they haven't taken office yet 
tongue.gif
alien.gif
seriously though.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

tongue.gif
alien.gif
seriously though.

I dont know where to start, everyone in one way or another is right.
"From sites that sell fake sneakers to pirated music" or whatever the quote was. Who wants fake shoes? Or a fake shirt? Why wouldn't you want to support the musician that you call your favorite? I understand that not everyone wants to pay $15 for the new Justin Bieber CD. I know that they all get paid way to much money, blah blah blah, but support the industry, support the up and comers. 

Of course they have to put some type of law involvement with the internet, it wouldn't have lasted forever. You have all the means in the world to find and or do whatever the hell it is you want to do and or see. There are millions of perverts. there are millions of "hackers". Stealing yo information, raping yo children. There has to be SOME kind of law put into place. Nothing is perfect, nothing ever will be perfect.

I don't think the government should have control over it, but then who would? AT&T, Verizon, Comcast? Whomever your ISP is, or those companies that no one knows anything about that do everything to make your Firefox/IE/Chrome/Opera/Safari connect from your port to the WWW? They are controlled by the Government. 

I love the freedom of the web, because its an easy way to see everything you want, you can hide behind your computer and be the "person" you want to be. But being the IT geek that I am, I know that there has to be some type of regulation. Because I know that the majority of you have or have had a virus/keylogger/malware whatever on your machine, could be right now(if you need help with mentioned items let me know
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
). It has to be stopped.

Thanks,

Neukicks

I dont know where to start, everyone in one way or another is right.
"From sites that sell fake sneakers to pirated music" or whatever the quote was. Who wants fake shoes? Or a fake shirt? Why wouldn't you want to support the musician that you call your favorite? I understand that not everyone wants to pay $15 for the new Justin Bieber CD. I know that they all get paid way to much money, blah blah blah, but support the industry, support the up and comers. 

Of course they have to put some type of law involvement with the internet, it wouldn't have lasted forever. You have all the means in the world to find and or do whatever the hell it is you want to do and or see. There are millions of perverts. there are millions of "hackers". Stealing yo information, raping yo children. There has to be SOME kind of law put into place. Nothing is perfect, nothing ever will be perfect.

I don't think the government should have control over it, but then who would? AT&T, Verizon, Comcast? Whomever your ISP is, or those companies that no one knows anything about that do everything to make your Firefox/IE/Chrome/Opera/Safari connect from your port to the WWW? They are controlled by the Government. 

I love the freedom of the web, because its an easy way to see everything you want, you can hide behind your computer and be the "person" you want to be. But being the IT geek that I am, I know that there has to be some type of regulation. Because I know that the majority of you have or have had a virus/keylogger/malware whatever on your machine, could be right now(if you need help with mentioned items let me know
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
). It has to be stopped.

Thanks,

Neukicks

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

We all know what's going to happen. Internet is like the wild west right now. Eventually, there will be laws and all sorts of placements to lock all this freedom people have online down. I'll give it 10 more years before it's had it's good run. We'll have to create another means of communication to really have freedom "online".

Completely agree. I dont think we appreciate just how nice we have it right now.

Yeah, we have it too good right now
especially with e-mail, how its free and all

next thing you know email is gonna have some kind of price attached

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

We all know what's going to happen. Internet is like the wild west right now. Eventually, there will be laws and all sorts of placements to lock all this freedom people have online down. I'll give it 10 more years before it's had it's good run. We'll have to create another means of communication to really have freedom "online".

Completely agree. I dont think we appreciate just how nice we have it right now.

Yeah, we have it too good right now
especially with e-mail, how its free and all

next thing you know email is gonna have some kind of price attached

neukicks wrote:

The internet is my escape from reality.
The gov should stay out and go suck on a big Popsicle.
CDs, DVDs, etc are super overpriced. Now consumers are paying for the company's advertising fees.
No laws are needed for the intertubes.
However guidelines about how to be a good internet user should be implemented.

neukicks wrote:

CDs, DVDs, etc are super overpriced. Now consumers are paying for the company's advertising fees.

All you people saying "What's wrong?" are dumb. Straight up.

First it's copyright infringment.

Next, it's anti-government sentiment.

Then it's independent thought in general.

All you people saying "What's wrong?" are dumb. Straight up.

First it's copyright infringment.

Next, it's anti-government sentiment.

Then it's independent thought in general.

Were gonna have to make a private WAN at some point. I dunno how something like that would go about being built (unles somebody with a LOTTA money set it up and charged a fee for it), but it will have to be done to really do anything about it.

Were gonna have to make a private WAN at some point. I dunno how something like that would go about being built (unles somebody with a LOTTA money set it up and charged a fee for it), but it will have to be done to really do anything about it.

I don't feel its right for the government to get involved and restrict what I can and can't do online. These large corporations shouldn't have a say either, but if this doesn't pass then eventually they will use something else to push their agenda for restrictions on the internet.

I don't feel its right for the government to get involved and restrict what I can and can't do online. These large corporations shouldn't have a say either, but if this doesn't pass then eventually they will use something else to push their agenda for restrictions on the internet.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

neukicks wrote:

It is everyones escape from reality, you can't deny it. It is awesome, one of THE greatest "inventions" of all times. I'll say that the ultimate ability to communicate and see what is going on like the internet, won't be upped. 
The gov should stay out? No laws? But "guidelines"?

Im just trying to have an open discussion here, but who is going to follow guidelines, there are essentially guidelines set now, but no one cares about them. There needs to be restrictions, laws, whatever, in SOME shape or form. And I know that this statement sorta contradicts my escape from reality, because of all the laws in real life you can't "do what you want". But at points we are all so vulnerable to the harm/fouls of the interwebz. 

Its a catch 22. 

Originally Posted by Ginzo

neukicks wrote:

It is everyones escape from reality, you can't deny it. It is awesome, one of THE greatest "inventions" of all times. I'll say that the ultimate ability to communicate and see what is going on like the internet, won't be upped. 
The gov should stay out? No laws? But "guidelines"?

Im just trying to have an open discussion here, but who is going to follow guidelines, there are essentially guidelines set now, but no one cares about them. There needs to be restrictions, laws, whatever, in SOME shape or form. And I know that this statement sorta contradicts my escape from reality, because of all the laws in real life you can't "do what you want". But at points we are all so vulnerable to the harm/fouls of the interwebz. 

Its a catch 22. 

thinking about the amount of free useful knowledge and content floating out there sooner or later it was either tax it or shut it down (strong restrictions)

its been a  hella good run since the free AOL discs from the mall though guys
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thinking about the amount of free useful knowledge and content floating out there sooner or later it was either tax it or shut it down (strong restrictions)

its been a  hella good run since the free AOL discs from the mall though guys
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like public radio kinda. It would have to be a very large group effort.

Like public radio kinda. It would have to be a very large group effort.

Originally Posted by neukicks
Yes, just petty guidelines. Nothing too serious kind of like how state govs in Cali/NY give prisoners condoms to practice safe sex or tell people how to safely inject heroine into their system.
Basically the gov should just show good internet users how to stay away from the bad sides of the internet.
No, no, and no. No laws on the intertubes. The gov should concentrate on other issues that really matter such as welfare.
First this next it's censorship.

Originally Posted by neukicks
Yes, just petty guidelines. Nothing too serious kind of like how state govs in Cali/NY give prisoners condoms to practice safe sex or tell people how to safely inject heroine into their system.
Basically the gov should just show good internet users how to stay away from the bad sides of the internet.
No, no, and no. No laws on the intertubes. The gov should concentrate on other issues that really matter such as welfare.
First this next it's censorship.

Back
Top Bottom