and we're done

All we really need is another tough pf/c a backup pg (prigs n someone else) and jr and cope to resign

We got felton shump hardaway melo bargs n cj leslie...i think cj and hardaway can flourish just off the fact they goin against melo n shump in practice everyday

Last edited:
Why would u let cope walk...he showed flashes of good d (and bad d) and can shoot lights out and run effective pick and roll...plus its his first year in the nba. I dont think i can mess with alot of yall. The basketball knowledge and lack of reading upsets me in here. Ppl just talkin to talk and not know whats really goin on with this team

^ Copeland is restricted. Someone's gonna price us out. I dont count on him giving us a discount after having to play in Europe for years.

Not even for nothing, Copeland and Bargnani is repetitive in theory. Neither are particularly good defenders (or anything else on the floor). Both can spread the floor. Woody messed up not playing Copeland more to stretch the floor in the Indy series, and one would hope that Bargs would fill that role.

Knicks havent even reached out to him since FA signings started.

Last edited:
Why would u let cope walk...he showed flashes of good d (and bad d) and can shoot lights out and run effective pick and roll...plus its his first year in the nba. I dont think i can mess with alot of yall. The basketball knowledge and lack of reading upsets me in here. Ppl just talkin to talk and not know whats really goin on with this team

No one wants to see him leave. When he was playing, he looked good. He does get a little rattled at times and can't play defense. He was passed around overseas for a reason. He didn't get enough time on the court to earn what 2-3 other teams are going to throw at him.

word ^^

cope is good money man

he def didn't get enough minutes from woody. i mean you all don't remember all the times some of us were complaining that this dude should've been on the court instead of the bench?

i've said this before, but what i like about cope is his lack of fear and/or his confidence. he don't let bad shots get him down and will immediately take it to someone after a failed attempt. nice midrange, decent three and he's aggressive

his defense has also improved considerably since the beginning of the season. it's not awesome d, but it's not terrible either. once again we didn't ge to see it on full display due to the lack of minutes

keep cope

cope with bargnani are versatile and will help us against the pacers. we need a backup ctr and aaron brooks.

Hey man Cope need that money. If he gets a crazy Tyreke Evans like offer I won't be mad at him for taking it. I'd be happy. I just gotta remember his defense was average, he didn't really rebound, and all he mostly did was score. Just be mad we lost a healthy young guy.

Keep Cope - For the price we get him at I think he is a steal

But if he gets that serious money elsewhere he got to go, Won't hate on him for that

After the additions of 7-foot power forward Andrea Bargnani and first-round pick Tim Hardaway Jr., the Knicks are still looking to add a prototype small forward to their roster, in addition to a point guard.

According to an NBA source, the Knicks are pursuing Rockets free agent small forward Francisco Garcia and former Knick Matt Barnes. The Knicks traded small forward Steve Novak in the Bargnani deal and are not confident they can re-sign forward Chris Copeland.

The source said the 6-foot-7 Garcia, who was born in the Dominican Republic but grew up in The Bronx, has interest in joining the Knicks. He averaged 10.7 points in the playoffs for the Rockets, who didn’t renew his option. (He also played with the Kings last season).

Garcia, drafted out of Louisville, is a good 3-point shooter and defender. The Knicks have their veteran’s minimum and their $3.19 million mid-level exception. They prefer to use the mid-level on a point guard, but one target, C.J. Watson, agreed to terms with the Pacers.

Will Bynum, Aaron Brooks, Devin Harris and Sebastian Telfair are some of the point guards the Knicks reached out to on the first day of free agency. They also sent out a feeler for former Knick Nate Robinson, but a person familiar with the team’s thinking said a reunion is highly unlikely.

* The under-the-cap Pistons have been mentioned as a potential big suitor for J.R. Smith, but a league source said Detroit’s interest isn’t strong. The Bucks also have reported interest, especially after losing Monta Ellis, who has opted out of the final season of his contract, worth $11 million. The Knicks can only offer Smith a contract starting at $5.5 million. The Bucks had offered Ellis a three-year, $36 million extension, but he declined. The Knicks would be considered more than long hots to sway Ellis for the $3.19 million.

* Marcus Camby, part of the Bargnani deal, expressed his displeasure at how he was treated last season in a statement released by his agent. He also hinted at retirement.

“It’s unfortunate that I wasn’t given a meaningful opportunity to contribute last season in New York,” Camby said. “I was really looking forward to the coming year as a chance to show the organization what they missed out on last year, and pushing our team towards the Finals.’’

Camby hinted he doesn’t want to play in Toronto, where he was drafted.

“Given that my goal at this point in my career is to have a shot at a championship, however, I’ll have to evaluate my options going forward,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed a great career and under the right circumstances I hope to continue making an impact in the league.”

If can't get Cope and/or Priggy. Garcia and Telfair will do. Garcia was giving Durant the biz last year

Hopefully we are able to retain the 2 though

RT @AndreaBargnani: I just want to Thank the Toronto organization and my fans for all of their support over the last 7 years! I am thrilled to become a New York Knick and look forward to becoming a part of their storied franchise!!

Last edited:
“@aroc118: @alanhahn what are the chances of the knicks signing Aaron Brooks a proven scoring guard ?” Reportedly on the radar.

I come back here to see a pic of Patrick with a du rag on with the cape out? :rofl:, that **** made my morning :lol:

The Knicks need to solve their rebounding and PG problems. Garcia and fake goon Barnes are not the direction they should be going in.

Pacers signed CJ Watson. Good job NYK management :lol:. Larry Bird is wasting no time I see. He is attempting to solve his PG problems.

I don't think Felton did a bad job this year.... Honestly he was a pleasent surpise imo.... If the Knicks get a decent backup and resign priggy I think they will be fine.

What they need IMO is to resign their guys from last year (Cope, JR, Priggy, and K Mart) and try to get a decent front court help that specializes in defense and rebounding because Indy killed us on the boards and that cost us the series IMO....

Last edited:
I don't think Felton did a bad job this year.... Honestly he was a pleasent surpise imo.... If the Knicks get a decent backup and resign priggy I think they will be fine.

What they need IMO is to resign their guys from last year (Cope, JR, Priggy, and K Mart) and try to get a decent front court help that specializes in defense and rebounding because Indy killed us on the boards and that cost us the series IMO....

And what results do you expect to get when teams around you are going to get better? Hell, some have ALREADY gotten better not even two weeks after the finals. I read this thread in round 2 vs the Pacers, y'all were killing Felton and Chandler. They need help. That's the issue, clearly what was in place isn't working. I'm looking at the list now, Admunson is a FA. He hustles, he rebounds, he would be a great pickup. They might be able to afford him. How about replacing JR Smith with Anthony Morrow, he can shoot but has been underutilized by the teams he was on. Instead of getting Bargniani, see how you can get Belinelli. It's things like this that boggles my mind with management :lol:. Hell, I'd try to sell other teams on Copeland into some sort if sign and trade scenario. The Knicks have to shake things up, but they aren't interested in that I see.

Well the Knicks went for another soft big man.... Didn't we have enough of them???

I think the biggest problem last year was J. Kidd decided to lose his shot (most of the team did as well in the playoffs) the last two months of the season and when he did hit them in the beg of the season we were pretty hard to beat... I think a much younger decent shooting pg would help.

I don't know much about Morrow so I can't comment about him....

I don't know why some of you guys don't want JR back on this team as somebody else said in this thread would we have gotten the #2 seed without him? Would we better off without him??

I know he can be a head case but he made big steps this year I'd like to see if he could build on it with the Knicks as opposed to against the Knicks...

Well the Knicks went for another soft big man.... Didn't we have enough of them???

I think the biggest problem last year was J. Kidd decided to lose his shot (most of the team did as well in the playoffs) the last two months of the season and when he did hit them in the beg of the season we were pretty hard to beat... I think a much younger decent shooting pg would help.

I don't know much about Morrow so I can't comment about him....

I don't know why some of you guys don't want JR back on this team as somebody else said in this thread would we have gotten the #2 seed without him? Would we better off without him??

I know he can be a head case but he made big steps this year I'd like to see if he could build on it with the Knicks as opposed to against the Knicks...

Kidd was just an older player is all. While his jump shot got better, I still wouldn't consider him a reliable shooter. He was good early and they got comfortable with that, and it came back to bite. Morrow was with the Nets for a couple of seasons, he's has very good three point capabilities. He's an underrated player imo. JR is such a liability and streaky. It was all good until he elbowed JT, then you guys killed him :lol:. What y'all fail to realize is, that's just Earl. He's a knucklehead. He'll do good things then screw up at the most important times. Didn't y'all ever pay attention to him in Denver? Don't act like he didn't disappear in game 6 against the Lakers the year the Nuggets played against them in the WCF. He's been used and y'all treat him like a #2 option, when he's really a #3. I think it would be better to see him walk, you can live with the results, trust me. And think about this, there isn't enough basketballs to go around for him Carmelo and Bargniani if he comes back. Bargniani will get more upset for not getting touches and Amar'e would be the most expensive bench player ever (even more expensive than Steph :lol:)

@JaredZwerling: #Knicks are preparing to make offer to Elton Brand. Brand is from New York, wants to join winning team.

This would be an excellent signing by the Knicks.

Kidd was just an older player is all. While his jump shot got better, I still wouldn't consider him a reliable shooter. He was good early and they got comfortable with that, and it came back to bite. Morrow was with the Nets for a couple of seasons, he's has very good three point capabilities. He's an underrated player imo. JR is such a liability and streaky. It was all good until he elbowed JT, then you guys killed him :lol:. What y'all fail to realize is, that's just Earl. He's a knucklehead. He'll do good things then screw up at the most important times. Didn't y'all ever pay attention to him in Denver? Don't act like he didn't disappear in game 6 against the Lakers the year the Nuggets played against them in the WCF. He's been used and y'all treat him like a #2 option, when he's really a #3. I think it would be better to see him walk, you can live with the results, trust me. And think about this, there isn't enough basketballs to go around for him Carmelo and Bargniani if he comes back. Bargniani will get more upset for not getting touches and Amar'e would be the most expensive bench player ever (even more expensive than Steph :lol:)
I'm saying for all the people the Knicks have overpayed giving JR 4 years $22 mil (the max they can offer) would be a bargain no?? Don't #3 guys get paid $10 mil easy???/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom