and we're done

Kidd was just an older player is all. While his jump shot got better, I still wouldn't consider him a reliable shooter. He was good early and they got comfortable with that, and it came back to bite. Morrow was with the Nets for a couple of seasons, he's has very good three point capabilities. He's an underrated player imo. JR is such a liability and streaky. It was all good until he elbowed JT, then you guys killed him :lol:. What y'all fail to realize is, that's just Earl. He's a knucklehead. He'll do good things then screw up at the most important times. Didn't y'all ever pay attention to him in Denver? Don't act like he didn't disappear in game 6 against the Lakers the year the Nuggets played against them in the WCF. He's been used and y'all treat him like a #2 option, when he's really a #3. I think it would be better to see him walk, you can live with the results, trust me. And think about this, there isn't enough basketballs to go around for him Carmelo and Bargniani if he comes back. Bargniani will get more upset for not getting touches and Amar'e would be the most expensive bench player ever (even more expensive than Steph :lol:)
I'm saying for all the people the Knicks have overpayed giving JR 4 years $22 mil (the max they can offer) would be a bargain no?? Don't #3 guys get paid $10 mil easy???/

Fine. Bring him back. He's a headache. By year two of that deal you'll want to trade him because he's not worth it and doesn't add anything to your team besides regular season entertainment. No defense, no intensity, no consistency, no basketball IQ. That doesn't help any in the playoffs. This would equate to a waste of money. But if that's what you want....

yet the trend of getting players past their prime continues :lol: :smh:

It's the NYK way...and thank you for that Patrick "cape out" Ewing pic. That's gold :lol:

would yall bring Seth Curry into camp?

No

He's not an NBA level player so no I wouldn't

I would like Matt Barnes on this squad Sometimes I forget he was here before :lol:

So the Knicks would go after Elton Brand and not DeJuan Blair who looks like a younger version of him at times? Dat logic :smh: :lol:

So the Knicks would go after Elton Brand and not DeJuan Blair who looks like a younger version of him at times? Dat logic :smh: :lol:

I get what your saying but Elton was still contributing at a level a role player should be able to, but yeah age isn't a plus for him.

I'm all in for Aaron Brooks. Guy can replace some of the pop that JR Brings while handling backup PG duties.

Career AST/TO ratio is 2:1. He would be good for the most part, but that might come into play during the post season, despite his good post season play. I'd still do it.

Look I'm not saying the guy is a star but beggars can't be choosers. He can pretty much do the exact same thing as Monta Ellis for about 1/4 of the price.

I get what your saying but Elton was still contributing at a level a role player should be able to, but yeah age isn't a plus for him.

Yeah, I checked the numbers. Since Blair has been in the league, EB still has better rebound averages. For their purposes, I'm not looking at scoring, their role would be to rebound. Still tough to call it though. My eyeball tells me Blair is better because of the hustle and overall he's better around the rim at this point. BUT the biggest thing is minutes. Blair averages just under 19 MPG, while EB averages 28.8 MPG. You figure if Blair plays more minutes, his production might go up to catch up to EB.

Look I'm not saying the guy is a star but beggars can't be choosers. He can pretty much do the exact same thing as Monta Ellis for about 1/4 of the price.

Honestly I'd take Brooks over Felton. They don't have the $ for a big name PG, they just need stability. Brooks has proven that in his career so far. I don't think it's a bad move, just a nuanced argument once you make the playoffs about turnovers is all. Monta Ellis...just no. Inefficient volume shooter that is overpriced and not a true PG :lol:.

knicks cant be serious with this elton brand signing. talk about disappointing. Why cant they get carl landry instead. we need to stop picking up old players past their prime. should just get purp back instead

Cause Carl Landry is going to get good money...We have zero money I don't get how you guys don't understand this yet. Carl Landry is going to get 5-6 million a year. JJ Hickson prolly will get the same. For the Vet Min, Elton Brand is a good signing, he can still play D very well.

Cause Carl Landry is going to get good money...We have zero money I don't get how you guys don't understand this yet. Carl Landry is going to get 5-6 million a year. JJ Hickson prolly will get the same. For the Vet Min, Elton Brand is a good signing, he can still play D very well.

^This. This is why Brand would fit better. I'm assuming if Blair is to be had, he'd get more monet for his potential and be out of the Knicks' range. BUT if he is and they don't at least try, shame on them.

Yeah, I checked the numbers. Since Blair has been in the league, EB still has better rebound averages. For their purposes, I'm not looking at scoring, their role would be to rebound. Still tough to call it though. My eyeball tells me Blair is better because of the hustle and overall he's better around the rim at this point. BUT the biggest thing is minutes. Blair averages just under 19 MPG, while EB averages 28.8 MPG. You figure if Blair plays more minutes, his production might go up to catch up to EB.

You can't put Blair out there more than that. His overall defense is bad and he misses a box out more often than he hits it. Blair isn't developing any further, he needs to be a back up. Decent in the post but doesn't get to the line. OK jumper but takes the teardrop way too much. The knees have to be a concern. That's a bench player not a starter. Landry is not going to be cheap, that's why he won't be a Knick. I'm a big fan of Blair but he can't go 28 minutes a night.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, that was in comparison to Brand with respect to the money left to sign either one. Idk, at this point I would take Blair over Brand. This ain't EB of '02. Blair is more of a tip rebound guy. That being said at this point, he's more active around the rim than EB. I'd still chance him over EB from his age. So ok, he doesn't need to play more minutes, put him in a rotation with Amar'e to spell Tyson, that MIGHT work, but I still like that better than EB.

we have the mini mid level to dangle at anyone... obviously its unrealistic to get a guy like mayo or even nick young but to get someone like landry or even dalembert seems realistic... guys take pay cuts to play for miami why cant we do the same? it just shows nobody is serious about coming here then

^ Yeah, that was in comparison to Brand with respect to the money left to sign either one. Idk, at this point I would take Blair over Brand. This ain't EB of '02. Blair is more of a tip rebound guy. That being said at this point, he's more active around the rim than EB. I'd still chance him over EB from his age. So ok, he doesn't need to play more minutes, put him in a rotation with Amar'e to spell Tyson, that MIGHT work, but I still like that better than EB.

Oh, I definitely hear you on that. I was just referring to the minutes. My personal opinion is that he might break down sooner rather than later, that plays into it as well. Even though he always gets the playoffs "off", I think it's only a matter of a year or two before he's finished.

I still think EB goes back to Dallas when they miss on Dwight.

we have the mini mid level to dangle at anyone... obviously its unrealistic to get a guy like mayo or even nick young but to get someone like landry or even dalembert seems realistic... guys take pay cuts to play for miami why cant we do the same? it just shows nobody is serious about coming here then

Nick Young aka Swaggy P? :rofl:. I sadly follow dude on IG and all I see is clowning around and no workouts. That's a concern :lol:

7thAve, you right about the no ACL's tho :lol:

We aren't a real contender, why would a guy like Carl Landry take a pay cut to come here when he is going to get the last big contract of his career? He's going to take money from whoever offers him 3 million. Prolly same with JJ Hickson.

FWIW:

3. Good fit or bad fit: Andrea Bargnani and the New York Knicks.

Dubin: Bad fit doesn't even begin to describe it. Bargnani is a 7-footer who plays zero defense and rebounds like a shooting guard (Iman Shumpert grabbed a higher percentage of available rebounds last season). This is being sold as the acquisition of a floor-spacing big man, but Bargnani has made just 32.3 percent of his 3-pointers over the past three seasons combined. The Knicks were the league's third-most-efficient offense last season but struggled defensively, so it's difficult to figure out how Bargnani improves the on-court product in any real way.

Foster: Good fit with a caveat. So long as the Knicks always use the buddy system with Tyson Chandler, this can work. We all know Bargnani needs a ton of help on the defensive glass, and Chandler, who was fifth among starting centers in defensive rebounding percentage last season, can help him there. The Knicks' system is right for Bargnani, but the personnel has to match, too.

Haberstroh: Bad fit. Can't defend? Check. Shot-taker, not a shot-maker? Check. Expensive? Check. Poor health record? Check. On second thought, maybe he's actually tailor-made to play for the Knicks.

Koremenos: Bad, terrible, no-good fit. The Knicks basically had the current version of Bargnani on their roster in Chris Copeland, only four inches shorter. Bargnani might make New York marginally better on offense, but playing him for huge minutes will likely make the Knicks far worse defensively.

Schmidt: Bad fit. He could force the Knicks to move Carmelo Anthony back to the 3 whenever they share the court. With Anthony at the 3, Bargnani at the 4 and Chandler another year older, New York's defense takes a big step backward and its offense may not improve enough to cover for it.

Oh, I definitely hear you on that. I was just referring to the minutes. My personal opinion is that he might break down sooner rather than later, that plays into it as well. Even though he always gets the playoffs "off", I think it's only a matter of a year or two before he's finished.

I still think EB goes back to Dallas when they miss on Dwight.

Yeah, him breaking down soon is a real concern. They knew that drafting him. I guess that's why he doesn' get more than 20 minutes a game. I'm sure the Knicks would try to get more out of him and wind up wearing him down. It's just an option. I hope they look at Admunson though, he plays hard, and I think would be the best fit in that spot, just don't know if they could afford him.

Back
Top Bottom