and we're done

Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby both on practice court with Knicks. First time team has had all 15 players together on court this season.

The return is near!!!

Knicks don't need offense. When the ball is moving and less isolations happens, we get good looks and score. Our issue is playing defense consistently and rebounding the basketball. Shump is the best perimeter defender on the Knicks and he's not even 100%. People saying Knicks are in win now mode, so that's why you keep Shump.

I am not a believer in JJ Redick. When you playing on a team that is playing for nothing, you have all the room and opportunity to put up big numbers. You think the Magic are out there running plays and trying to win games? Once you start playing in a system and have a role, things become different. 

I really don't get this Shump love. Dudes a good defender but those ABC games vs. the Heat and Bulls are really blinding some of you.

JJ Offensively>>>>>>>> Shumpert

Shump Defensively>>>>>>JJ

I would probably take JJ honestly as much as I love shump

Yea well if this trade goes through I hope you guys are happy with JJ's output when there arent nearly as many plays run for him and the pressure is on in a way it hasnt been in ORL and the games actually matter.

I just dont get what this does for our defense. Are we going to pull Brewer off the bench for defense now? Because Reddick certainly isnt going to help us out on that end.

JR was averaging 30 a game against Miami before he came to NY.

We don't even know if we can resign Reddick. He'll be a FA and its a possibility this trade would only be a for a Reddick rental.

So many things to consider but gad that the whole team is approaching healthy status.

Apparently JJ isn't a fan of New York...

It's a tough call... But with JR, Melo.. I think the team should be more focused on defensive side than the offensive side.

Last edited:
JJ isn't putting up absurd numbers compared to when the Magic were winning 50 games a season.. He's just getting more minutes. I don't think you'd have to worry about him fitting into a role.

Not that I'm for or against the move but JJ would likely fit in and perform on any team.

We have problems defending the perimeter and the best idea is to add someone who is definitely not staying after this year. Shump is not a 3, Reddick is sure as hell not one either.

I've seen Shump rip Wade on 2 consecutive plays as a rookie a suspect with more time he would be an even better defender. Who ever thought was gonna return to form right away is out of their mind.

Trading Shump for JJ doesn't say win now mode. It says we are throwing all the chips in for this year
The only person I would have to consider is Milsap. Even he is not guarenteed after this year

I don't understand the willingness to give up Shump. He's a valuable commodity. He plays defensive and high ceiling for a good offensive game. On top of it, does JJ make the team that more legitimate title contender? Seriously? We have like 1 draft pick the next few years and they are going to be low draft picks.

Na this trade would just be flat out dumb. I don't care what that trade machine says reddick isn't gonna help us defend better and stop relying on 3's. actually he would probably hurt us in those two areas and those r two things we've struggled with as of late

I really don't get this Shump love. Dudes a good defender but those ABC games vs. the Heat and Bulls are really blinding some of you.
Basically.
JJ Offensively>>>>>>>> Shumpert

Shump Defensively>>>>>>JJ

I would probably take JJ honestly as much as I love shump
1.Yes

2.At this point right now he is not better than Redick defensively and probably won't be for a while
Just don't even comment on it man, I've learned the lesson.
Knicks fans overrate him so much it's ridiculous. His ceiling is Tony Allen on the defensive end which is great but he won't be at that level this year. Also dude will NEVER be this 16+ ppg reliable scorer that Knicks fans want him to be I just don't see it at all

Never liked Reddick, never will.

We have a team full of blah defenders.
There are only two players on our roster who can consistently change games defensively: Tyson and Shump. That's it.

Are we really gonna trade him, because he didn't snap back from injury to 100% in 8 months instead of 10 or 12?

Think of it like this. If he was still rehabbing like D.Rose is, not a one of you would think of trading him.

I know we're in win-now mode, but just for JJ Reddick? :smh: And who's to say how he'll look in April?

Last edited:
Wow. Last year Shump was probably the 2nd best player on the team.

Ya dudes forget so easy.

And for J.J. Reddick? Are you serious. He'd just be another Novak. Spot up shooter with NOTHING else to offer.

Shump is way more valuable to us then Reddick could ever be.

I don't know what drugs you dudes are but save them for the Summer time.

Reddick is a better shooter and passer than Iman. Iman has the edge on defense and of course, youth. But if you can't see how a bonafide knockdown shooter who isn't one-dimensional like Novak can help our squad playing off of Melo than I can't help you. Not to mention Brewer can now slide over and play the three and we wouldn't be playing someone out of position aside from Melo, and he's shown that he can handle that role. We are a small ball team, we need the proper players for it and as of right now at this very second Iman looks like the odd man out.

Y'all are just focusing on the names are completely neglecting the fact our second best player is on borrowed time, we have a small window to win and our playing style isn't allowing us to utilize all of our bench options currently. I can understand the concerns for the future but I also realize we have to do whatever it is that can help us now.

Last edited:
Reddick is a better shooter and passer than Iman. Iman has the edge on defense and of course, youth. But if you can't see how a bonafide knockdown shooter who isn't one-dimensional like Novak can help our squad playing off of Melo than I can't help you. Not to mention Brewer can now slide over and play the three and we wouldn't be playing someone out of position aside from Melo, and he's shown that he can handle that role. We are a small ball team, we need the proper players for it and as of right now at this very second Iman looks like the odd man out.

Y'all are just focusing on the names are completely neglecting the fact our second best player is on borrowed time, we have a small window to win and our playing style isn't allowing us to utilize all of our bench options currently. I can understand the concerns for the future but I also realize we have to do whatever it is that can help us now.
agree with this. i don't like the idea of trading our original picks because they tend to come back and do really well on their new teams, but those trade "talks" look a little more interesting considering how someone like reddick could boost the offensive side a bit more and while he's not an all star on defense, he's not bad either. seems to keep up well with picks plus is a lot more clutch than novak (has been)

Back
Top Bottom