and we're done

Yeah, Fios isn't available where I am, I can only get Direct TV, and Verizon's slow internet, and with Direct TV I'd have to pay TW prices in order to get MSG. I'm so pissed off. When did cable companies get this powerful? The fact that I'm only zoned for TW, and it's this expensive, is outrageous. 

Last edited:
I'm not. The more he gets injured, miss games, and can't even reach half of what he was his first season with us the more I write him off and hope by his 3rd or 4th year we buy him out.

amare out for the season
2072bz7.jpg

Let's hope he's not out for the season. He's getting a second opinion, but from what I heard the Knicks are hiding another injury with him. This cyst is probably part of a bigger problem with his knee.

If that's the case--Phoenix was right all along. Dude is playing with borrowed time.

Let's hope he's not out for the season. He's getting a second opinion, but from what I heard the Knicks are hiding another injury with him. This cyst is probably part of a bigger problem with his knee.

If that's the case--Phoenix was right all along. Dude is playing with borrowed time.
Damn looking like Donnie screwed us over.

Are you guys really acting like Amar'e's injury matters? Who's surprised he's hurt? I forget he's even on this team. Can we please focus on my cable problem? Jesus Christ, some of us have real **** going on. How am I supposed to watch Amare sit in an overly tailored suit this season,with maybe even a scarf? 

Last edited:
I mean seriously, I remember during the lean Galo/Wilson Chandler years when I was praying we wouldn't throw a crazy contract at Chris Bosh or Joe Johnson. Amare didn't even cross my mind as a cruel possibility. The moment we signed him I gave up on the next ten years (he'll die at like 38 in some knee related team plane crash.)  Knicks fans need to get some perspective. In 15 years, MAYBE, we'll have some young team after a thousand bad drafts. Until then you all need to stop getting your hopes up. Stat and Melo came here for restaurant business opportunities, and the skinny spoils of fashion week. ****, acting like you guys aren't even from New York, with your Midwestern high hopes. And that's coming from a Melo fan, who's excited to see what happens this season. It still won't be much, and it definitely won't matter if Amare is there or not.

I mean seriously, I remember during the lean Galo/Wilson Chandler years when I was praying we wouldn't throw a crazy contract at Chris Bosh or Joe Johnson. Amare didn't even cross my mind as a cruel possibility. The moment we signed him I gave up on the next ten years (he'll die at like 38 in some knee related team plane crash.)  Knicks fans need to get some perspective. In 15 years, MAYBE, we'll have some young team after a thousand bad drafts. Until then you all need to stop getting your hopes up. Stat and Melo came here for restaurant business opportunities, and the skinny spoils of fashion week. ****, acting like you guys aren't even from New York, with your Midwestern high hopes. And that's coming from a Melo fan, who's excited to see what happens this season. It still won't be much, and it definitely won't matter if Amare is there or not.

i love you

idk how serious cysts are but I'm just happy its not related to his previous injury

Baker's Cyst evolve due to overuse and poor joint stability. I don't understand how these sports franchises spend ridiculous amounts of money, but yet they don't protect their investments with adequate training.

Here is a better article about Amare and the injury. He's out indefinitely now.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...e9HlploB4DN?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Amar’e out indefinitely for Knicks
By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 9:31 AM, October 27, 2012
Posted: 2:30 AM, October 27, 2012
Though Tyson Chandler said he “absolutely’’ expects to be on the Brooklyn floor Thursday for the season opener despite his left-knee bone bruise, nobody can say when Amar’e Stoudemire and his ailing left knee will step onto a court again.

According to a confidant of Stoudemire, the Knicks’ ailing power forward will have his MRI exam looked at by his former orthopedist with the Suns for a second opinion. Stoudemire is not visiting Phoenix, however.

Stoudemire was holed up in the treatment room Friday at the team’s Westchester campus. He hasn’t spoken to reporters in eight days — since he made his preseason debut in Montreal and reported feeling fine.

The Knicks have given a timetable of at least two to three weeks, but coach Mike Woodson said Friday he really doesn’t know when Stoudemire will be back as he battles his latest injury — a ruptured cyst in the back of his left knee.

Contrary to reports, however, Stoudemire did not have microfracture surgery in 2005 on his left knee. It was his right knee.

“I have been speaking to him,’’ Chandler said. “My whole thing is for him to stay mentally strong right now. I know he wants to be out there. It’s more important to have him out there healthy. Right now we got to keep his spirits up.’’

The Knicks have talked about Stoudemire in graver terms than their timetable suggested. Carmelo Anthony, last Saturday in Syracuse, called Stoudemire’s situation “sad.’’

Nevertheless, the Knicks’ wobbly frontcourt rotation is sharpening into focus for opening night, with Chandler and Rasheed Wallace a yes and Marcus Camby and Stoudemire a no-go.

In fact, Woodson said he doesn’t expect Camby (calf strain) back at practice until at least Tuesday. That would be four weeks since he first hurt himself after the Knicks gave him a 7-to-10-day timetable.

The Knicks’ frontcourt depth is already being tested. Kurt Thomas, 40, will start at power forward on opening night, probably alongside Chandler.

“Hopefully we can pick up the pieces and hold the fort until the guys get back,’’ Woodson said. “I’m hoping that’s the kind of team we have. I feel good about the team we assembled in that regard. Last year we had so many injures and got caught off balance not having enough to support those injuries. This year I think we do.’’

At least Chandler is on pace. Nursing a bone bruise he suffered in Wednesday’s preseason finale, he didn’t practice yesterday and had treatment. The MRI exam result was a sigh of relief for Chandler, who thought there was structural damage with his ligaments, either a sprain or tear.

He is listed as “day to day’’ and is shooting to return to practice Monday.

“I’m doing good, good news all the way around, looking forward to being back on the floor with my teammates,’’ Chandler said. “I’m hoping I can get back on the floor Monday. I just got to take it easy the next couple of days, let it come down a little bit. ’’

Woodson was more cautious than Chandler, saying he couldn’t say for certain his starting center will be ready.

It all means the press is on for Wallace, The Knicks didn’t have any full-court scrimmage Friday — only halfcourt. It was the first time Wallace participated in contact drills and is expected to play Thursday after missing the entire six-game preseason schedule with conditioning issues.

“I thought Rasheed looked pretty good,’’ Woodson said. “He got through the conditioning and banging. I think he’s going to be fine. He’s got to be in a little more game shape.’’

Saturday, Wallace will compete in his first full-court scrimmage and Woodson is just hoping he’s the same defender he was before he retired in 2010.

“I’m just looking for, can he keep up?,’’ Woodson said. “Can he still compete and do the things necessary from a defensive standpoint. I still think he can make a shot. That’s not my worries. My worries is making sure he can defend the post, get up and down and defend the pick and roll actions.’’

Chris Smith, who had left knee surgery early in camp, was waived Saturday.

[email protected]

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc.

nypost.com , nypostonline.com , and newyorkpost.com are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.

Copyright 2012 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy | Terms of Use

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/amar_out_indefinitely_vyAEbfYsbLGe9HlploB4DN#ixzz2AVswoM4d

BTW, I thought our team doctor was this guy...Mike Saunders?

Mike Saunders
College - NYU '77
The longest-tenured trainer in franchise history, Mike Saunders marks his 27th campaign on the Knickerbockers bench in 2004-05...Joined Knicks on Jul. 24, 1978, succeeding the legendary Danny Whelan, who put in 11 seasons and tended to both Knicks championship teams.
One of NBA's senior and most-respected trainers...Currently second among NBA head trainers in continuous service to one club...Only Indiana's David Craig (starting in 1970-71) has had a longer head training tenure with his current club than Saunders...Just the fifth trainer in the franchise’s 59-year history, joining Jim Nevins, Don Friederichs, Bill Norris and Whelan, who passed away on Jan. 2, 2004.
In addition to duties as head athletic trainer, also co-ordinates the Knicks' demanding travel schedule and oversees the daily operation of the new MSG Training Center in Tarrytown and its state-of-the-art athletic training and physical therapy center.
Served for two years (1997-98 and 1998-99) as president of the National Basketball Trainers Association (succeeded by David Craig)...Recognized by his peers from the NBTA as 1994 NBA Trainer of the Year...Honored for long service by the NYC Pro-Am League when he was inducted into the League’s Hall of Fame in 2000.
Tended to two Knicks Eastern Conference Championship teams (1993-94 and 1998-99)...Served as East trainer in two NBA All-Star Games (1986 at Dallas, 1998 at MSG)...Long run of service was interrupted for six weeks in early 1990 due to multiple facial fractures suffered in a car accident.
Registered Physical Therapist and Certified Athletic Trainer...Member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the National Athletic Trainers Association and the American College of Sports Medicine...Has served as consultant to the Sports Medicine Department at Beth Israel Hospital North Division.
Long an advocate of assisting the city's youth...Has acted as Coordinator of the Student Athletic Training Program in conjunction with New York City's Board of Education...Has made frequent appearances at the Gatorade Knicks Summer Basketball Camp and at other summer events...In past years, served as longtime co-chairman of the Garden's annual Easter Seals Shootout, and was involved with Special Olympics and Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Labor Day Telethon...Also served as the longtime trainer at the Maurice Stokes Memorial Basketball Game at Kutsher’s Country Club...Quote: "I enjoy making camp appearances and talking with young men and women. My message is `Live Your Dreams' and I try to guide them toward success in life. It's something that goes far beyond basketball."
Prior to Knicks career, served as trainer at John Jay College...Was also involved with several area pro teams, including soccer Cosmos during their 1975 European-Caribbean tour and the U.S. National Soccer team in 1976-77.
Big Apple native...Product of the New York City Public School system...Graduate of Newtown HS in Queens...Received undergraduate degree in physical education at CCNY, then completed his education at New York University's School of Physical Therapy...As a youth, assisted Whelan at Knicks practices at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens.
Avid sports and show business buff...Owns extensive memorabilia collection centering on the New York Yankees and late Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams (visited Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown in summer 2004)...Has more than 150 game-worn major league caps...Devotee of the unmatched music of the Big Band Era and Frank Sinatra, among the many classic sounds which can often be heard wafting out of Knicks training rooms...Eclectic memorabilia collection includes CD of classic jingles from legendary and now-defunct WNEW-AM...Budding career as a crooner was the subject of CBS-TV feature aired during the 1989 Playoffs...Dedicated runner and tennis player.
Mike and wife Susan have been married for 22 years and are proud parents of daughter Ashley, an 18-year old college freshman, and son Jeffrey, 11...The Saunders family lives in Pomona, NY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom