and we're done

walter-white-you-got-me.gif

the funny part is that's not even a brawl in hockey. That's pretty normal. A brawl is what happened with Ottawa and Montreal. If that happened in the NBA I can't even imagine the consequences.

the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal hockey playoff game is usually the most exciting moment in sports.

I missed the hockey game taking too long to set up my neighbor's yard furniture. Good to see the Rangers still alive. Those Knickstape beats are pretty dope.

we need to get our ***T together its not looking good we need to become more aggressive in the box and stop just playing one on one basketball

Defense was there, playing zone puts you in a bad position to grab rebounds, and the Knicks are already a poor defensive team while the Pacers are one of the best.

I can live with JR being off, but you can't expect to win if Tyson is shut down and all PGs give you nothing. Melo was playing an efficient game until the 4th when he had no choice but to force up shots.

There was a sequence in the 4th where a simple long rebound could've cut the deficit to 6, instead Pacers got two back to back offensive rebounds and pushed the lead to 13...Knicks didn't recover after that.

Knicks have to adjust again....objective is to split and if they win game 4 we regain home court.

Pretty much my thoughts on Game 3. I was upset at how bad we were offensively last night and Chandler definitely has to step up here and have some kind of impact on this series. With all this being said I have confidence that the Knicks are going to come out strong and bounce back just like they did in Game 2. We all know they are capable of playing well defensively as they have for the majority of the past 2 games....it comes down to securing defensive rebounds and executing offensively in Game 4. If the Knicks do this and regain home court advantage then they have an excellent chance of winning this series.

i know this sounds crazy and dumb but sometimes a bball game works the same way as NBA 2K

What happens with the Knicks in 2K when you play Melo at the 4 against a team like Indy?

Naturally you give up boards and second chance points. you accept it and keep it moving, its expected.

But then on the other end you got West guarding Melo...so thats a speed mismatch and easy buckets ALL DAY

Until the dude controlling Indy decides, F&^% this...I'm switching Paul George onto Melo

Leaving David West guarding Iman Shumpert...

you have West guarding a premier athlete who was drafted into the league as a PG...

there's no ****** way West can guard him. an easy way to generate good looks is to take advantage of mismatches. Thats the whole point of playing Melo at the 4...to get a mismatch. Vogel pulled a smart, but simple move to counter by guarding him with the same player that would defend him had Melo played the 3. the counter to that move is to attack the PF who's defending a super fast and explosive guard.

The problem with Shump taking over PG duties when he has West on him is he looks to shoot too much now. Everytime he beats West a little he pull back dribbles and takes the mid range. He doesnt go to the rack and dish to create good shots elsewhere.

I dont have all the Sabermetric data. But he sucks shooting off the dribble. If it isnt a dunk or a spot up shot with no dribble I dont like when he shoots those. He makes them here and there. But he is much more efficient driving and spotting up in the corners and the elbow 3.

Felton just has to be big in these next couple games. Hes the reason we got going in game 2. His penetration gets Hibbert moving and kills what they want to do on the defensive end. We were doing that in the 1st half getting guys in foul trouble of game 3. But then 2nd half we just started chucking again and played right into how Indiana wants us to play. Gotta be patient and realize we arent going to get the 3s we are used to and penetrate to get guys out of position and get easy baskets or fouls.

Plus the refs gettin Prigs in foul trouble early, off ticky tack fouls didnt help either since hes a big part of our success with how active he is.

Last edited:
West on Shumpert can only be exploited so much. If either Kidd or Pablo or on the floor - Vogel will just switch West onto one of them and move Lance or whoever onto Shump.

Woodson could run out a line up of : Felton/Shump/JR/Melo + Tyson or Martin and force their hand - but nothing about this series says that Mike Woodson is going to force the other team to adjust. We keep walking (literally) right into their game.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 9m

Shumpert is sitting out of practice with a sore left knee. That's the same knee that was surgically repaired last year. #Knicks

So Tyson is taking shots at Carmelo???

Iman sitting out with a sore knee

Kenyon has the flu and JR is still sick.

Back
Top Bottom