Andrew Tate. DONE.

Some of you really want this to be the new Kevin Samuels, so I’ll say here what I said there:

This thread is about Andrew’s Tate’s arrest. That’s it.

If you’re a bitter old single man/incel and you’re looking for a place to air your grievances with “modern women,” try Twitter or reddit. That’s not the discussion you’re in and it’s not one we’re interested in hosting.
Meth lowkey should do standup :lol:

Honestly couldn't care less about my last name. I quite like the idea of a split last name, with the - inbetween (name example-example).
I hate hyphenated names.

I peeped alot of black folk in the UK have it

Looks silly on pro players that have it on the back of their jerseys. Damn near doesn't fit

This thread is about Andrew’s Tate’s arrest. That’s it.

If you’re a bitter old single man/incel and you’re looking for a place to air your grievances with “modern women,” try Twitter or reddit. That’s not the discussion you’re in and it’s not one we’re interested in hosting.

I take it you won't be celebrating his release then? :frown:

My mom never changed her last name but she’s South American so she already had a couple of them to begin with :lol:
I never asked her why though

when introducing yourself you should be able to say I am the child of “_____” and “____”.. instead of father last name. you’re acknowledging father and mother. But America looks down on family values so yeah

Last edited:
I hate hyphenated names.

I peeped alot of black folk in the UK have it

Looks silly on pro players that have it on the back of their jerseys. Damn near doesn't fit

maybe it’s a status thing in the uk?

when introducing yourself you should be able to say I am the child of “_____” and “____”.. instead of father last name. you’re acknowledging father and mother. But America looks down on family values so yeah

wouldn’t necessarily attribute those two things, there may be ways current americans don’t ‘value’ family the way other culture do or even in the same ways past generations of americans did…but women & children taking the father’s name is just a patriarchal tradition…i don’t think it’s rooted in a disdain for family values

is it off topic to ask those whose wives have barred/hyphenated/kept the last names, what was that discussion, did y’all feel a way about it? positively or negatively? or was complete indifference?

My wife kept her last name because it’s too much paperwork.

It’s even worse if someone has a name brand name in a field and has certificates that they need reissued. See it with one of the senior partners in my firm. After looking at everything she decided to keep her name and her husband didn’t even say anything according to her. Granted he’s successful CFO at a large company himself.

It’s even worse if someone has a name brand name in a field and has certificates that they need reissued. See it with one of the senior partners in my firm. After looking at everything she decided to keep her name and her husband didn’t even say anything according to her. Granted he’s successful CFO at a large company himself.

My mom kept my dads last name after she got remarried. It was too much hassle to change it.

A little confused about how the last name discussion gained traction in this thread.

Unless the thread is being treated as a catch all for social commentary on gender roles, which Meth has already stamped a no on, really no role in this thread.

maybe it’s a status thing in the uk?

I don't think it's a status thing over here. I always thought it was just women wanting to retain their family name once they were married.

fluid hips fluid hips when you say a lot of black folks in the UK do you mean full black or mixed? When you made the football reference I've just got Trent stuck in my head :lol:

Y'all gonna make Meth lock this thread

Name hyphenation too spicy? :nerd:

I don't think it's a status thing over here. I always thought it was just women wanting to retain their family name once they were married.

fluid hips fluid hips when you say a lot of black folks in the UK do you mean full black or mixed? When you made the football reference I've just got Trent stuck in my head :lol:

probably is just the desire to keep there own family name, but it seems there has been something of a connotation to high society folk 🤷🏿‍♂️

wouldn’t necessarily attribute those two things, there may be ways current americans don’t ‘value’ family the way other culture do or even in the same ways past generations of americans did…but women & children taking the father’s name is just a patriarchal tradition…i don’t think it’s rooted in a disdain for family values

is it off topic to ask those whose wives have barred/hyphenated/kept the last names, what was that discussion, did y’all feel a way about it? positively or negatively? or was complete indifference?
my old lady kept her last name 22 yrs ago when we got married before it was the cool thing to do. Her last name holds weight because her gpa is 1 of 14 brothers and their last name is big in our tongan community. At first I was like ugh especially during tax season but i got over it long time ago because i love her family.

Meth said to get back on topic, and dudes continuing to not do that

That is exactly what happened to get the Kevin Samuels Death thread locked

So either a sweep happens with thread bans, or this is getting locked

Dudes gotta just let **** go

wonder if Tates viewe changed especially being locked up in a foreign country where lord knows what happens while in isolation

Last edited:
wonder if Tates viewe changed especially being locked up in a foreign country where lord knows what happens while in isolation

it will for sure be interesting to see how/if the things he espouses changes if he is indeed let go…and what the next iteration/version of this type of character will be to move into that space…because the things that spawned tate’s popularity aren’t likely to change soon

Last edited:
Meth said to get back on topic, and dudes continuing to not do that

That is exactly what happened to get the Kevin Samuels Death thread locked

So either a sweep happens with thread bans, or this is getting locked

Dudes gotta just let **** go
Funny thing is DC is the one using these threads as a catch all to post his internet male/female dynamic things that makes the topics worse or takes them further off topic. Then when they get locked bring it up non-stop about why they got locked like it was always about the initial topic.

I wasn’t paying attention, just looking a few posts above me.

I’m leaving it though, thread has run it’s course.

Back
Top Bottom