Another Earthquake in MD!!! EDIT: 5.8 in Virginia

$%@. i'm at work in Manhattan doing my work, then the whole damn building started shaking. R.I.P. to us all.

Can someone please tell me what time this "earthquake" occurred? I was literally on the number 5 train in NYC like 45 mins ago & felt nothing, came to the surface & felt nothing. Hopped on the bus.........nothing. Walk in the house "OMG EARTHQUAKE, GOD IS COMING, 2012, etc etc" 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Damn so many NYC'ers are soft. I live in NYC and I was surprised when I felt it, but was also like
grin.gif
when it was over after like 4 seconds. Then I go on Facebook and all I see is "OMGGGGGGG EARTHQUAKEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"...man up guys. It was a 5.8 in Virginia but what we felt in NYC was like a 1.0 so stop being such b's
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i felt the same way when i saw those statuses

If anything, I'd expect the VA/DC folks to be more dramatic than the NYC folks
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Then again, many of the buildings in LA are retrograded and some even have springs underneath them; they can survive a (moderate) earthquake.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

laugh.gif
@ at these scared eastcoast dudes over a 6.0. We westcoast people don't get out of bed for anything lower than a 7.0.

lulz @ west coast dudes, full on winter gear enough to climb Mt Everest in 56 degree weather 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Felt it in NC...crazy! Thought something was going on with my body...lol.
roll.gif

My friend high as hell texts me saying he thought he had Parkinson's. I hit him back with "Nah, probably just a mini seizure."

*Waits for possible aftershock*

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I felt some swaying in BK, caught me off guard but nothing serious.
It wasn't a NY earthquake though. It originated in VA and common sense would dictate we would feel some of the tremors as it dissipates given the magnitude of it. What goes down in CA is the foundation of your state slowly eroding and breaking away from the rest of the country until it sinks in the pacific.

So NY > CA

Deuces Cali

CA as an Island
pimp.gif

was just about to post this
pimp.gif

I was playing Fruit Ninja on My Ipad and didn't feel a thing in Connecticut, although i have friends on facebook going nuts

My daughter and I were asleep and woke up to the house shaking and rumbling...I knew right away what it was, I wasn't scared but just didn't want the noise to scare my daughter...I'm in Richmond VA btw if that matters.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif
@ at these scared eastcoast dudes over a 6.0. We westcoast people don't get out of bed for anything lower than a 7.0.

lulz @ west coast dudes, full on winter gear enough to climb Mt Everest in 56 degree weather 
laugh.gif

You're probably talking about the socal people.
laugh.gif

I thought I was trippin. I looked at my fan and said to myself "why the f is my fan shaking like that?" ...then I realized.
laugh.gif

That wasn't really much though.

laugh.gif
@ Dudes getting all superstitious and scared now.

lmaoooooooo @ the majority of NY Nters left feaning for more.....!@++ im mad i missed it!....

#BAWSE

Yo I knew I felt something but thought I was just tripping...im in VA chilling in my bed when the room just starts shaking...I just brushed it off lol...then get online and see these reports about an east coast earthquake
eek.gif
 I didnt know what it was

was walking in the middle of the street on my way home from class, didnt feel a damn thing here at penn state. yet everyone else did, im pissed 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Haha. I work with people that were born and raised in NYC and when it gets a tad cold in SF, theys till come in with no jacket like its still summer time. The LA people on the other hand that work with are something else. Fog rolls in and they come walking in with layers upon layers.

Back
Top Bottom