Another Examples Of How SOME Females Have An Unrealistic View Of Self Entitlement

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I don't expect it, but it usually happened when I was riding the bus. As far as these girls, they r young. Since when are teenagers the barometer of how women should or do act?

a.) old

b.) injured

c.) pregnant

d.) I feel sorry for some other reason

e.) I'm getting off in >4 stops
Exactly all this. Why are we taking the bratty self entitlement attitude of TEENAGED girls as a representation on all women? But, there have been quite a few men who gave up their seat for me on a bus and I think it is just because of their gentlemen-like demeanor and how they were raised. It is probably the same type of men that just randomly will open the door for you when walking into a shopping mall. They are definitely not forced or have to do it, but they do it just because they are gentlemen. But, I think men should do it for women who are pregnant, disabled, old, etc. and who do deserve priority seating.

Why are we talking about TEENAGED girls?

Because teenagers are reflections of their own uprbinging and the society they live in. If a teenager feels entitled to something that means their parents/guardians are instilling this sort of behavior.

Society breeds these values into women. Just like society breeds certain values into men.
They are also a reflection of their friends, and their surroundings. Lets not pretend we are the same people as teenagers as we are as adults. Sure some are, but for the most part people grow out of at least some of that. I know when I was younger I had my moments of trying to be "slick" talkin all kinds of nonsense that I didn't mean. Then I grew the hell up
laugh.gif

Edit:

Oh and I gave up my seat to women or men w/ kids too.

Friends and setting fall under the society category I was referring. Yes you're right people change however...

There are teenagers that wouldn't have felt entitled to a seat like the two OP is referring to. They may one day mature and lose that sense ofself-entitlement but that doesn't change the fact that women (and men) in contemporary American society generally have certain values instilled in them.

People don't change unless they find an education or have some REAL sobering life experiences. A lot of people remain childlike in the head, since mostpeople don't pursue an education they unfortunately have to learn the hard way.

Friends and setting fall under the society category I was referring. Yes you're right people change however...

There are teenagers that wouldn't have felt entitled to a seat like the two OP is referring to. They may one day mature and lose that sense of self-entitlement but that doesn't change the fact that women (and men) in contemporary American society generally have certain values instilled in them.

People don't change unless they find an education or have some REAL sobering life experiences. A lot of people remain childlike in the head, since most people don't pursue an education they unfortunately have to learn the hard way.

No argument from me there... Totally agree.

If these girls were like 30 I would have wanted to smack em in the mouth
laugh.gif

There are teenagers that wouldn't have felt entitled to a seat like the two OP is referring to. They may one day mature and lose that sense of self-entitlement but that doesn't change the fact that women (and men) in contemporary American society generally have certain values instilled in them.

People don't change unless they find an education or have some REAL sobering life experiences. A lot of people remain childlike in the head, since most people don't pursue an education they unfortunately have to learn the hard way.

No argument from me there... Totally agree.

If these girls were like 30 I would have wanted to smack em in the mouth
laugh.gif

That's my point.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they very well were 30. That's just the type of things I'm used to seeing from a lot of women.

Just like I expect chauvinistic behavior from most men.

I had something happen that was close to this situation. This girl was all complaining how she couldn't sit down and how her feet was hurting. Then shejust tries to squeeze this old lady out of her seat. AN OLD LADY! I was
mad.gif
at this point. Then the bus driver stopped the bus and told the girl to stand up or she would kick her out.

They would have to be elderly, disabled, pregnant or holding a child (or ton of groceries)

I usedto just get on the bus and close my eyes and go to sleep to avoid the issue

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

lol, of course I hold the door open all the time

I don't even do it consciously...

unless you don't say thank you...

then, I mean mug the $%%* out of you......

usually there are double doors, so they get the second one and I come out on top anyway....

Awkward Scenario #153: I am approaching a glass double door that pulls on my side. On the other side of the door is a lady approaching the door. I pull openthe door for the lady to pass through first, but at the same time the lady pushes open the other door and moseys on through. I'm left awkwardly holding thedoor.

a chick has moved my hands and set on my lap before.

I usually sit in the very back of the bus though and if you come back there, you get no sympathy from me

1. She has to be MY girl, family, friend, pregnant, disabled, or elderly.

I'll hold a door open for anyone though, other than that she can go (#*@ herself.
thread

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

This is kind of a specific example for myself, but my mother raised me to give up any seat for any woman. My mom passed away almost a year ago, and at her memorial service I gave a speech encouraging everyone there to honor her by treating every woman like their mother. I plan to carry that with me til I see her again, and hope to impart that on anyone willing to listen.
Too easy. I will leave this one alone
pimp.gif

1. She has to be MY girl, family, friend, pregnant, disabled, or elderly.

This would apply to most well mannered able bodied women too, no?

i'm not a sexist person so i cannot offer a seat to a person just cuz she's a female..... i will offer a seat to anyone out of courtesy or if i feelthey need to sit down given the circumstances

Originally Posted by mostofthetime

In my opinion, I think that if I'm standing there a guy should AT LEAST offer his seat. I thought it was common courtesy and didn't know that I considered myself "entitled".

michelle
Why should he at least offer? If you and the man are the same age he SHOULD offer? Why should he?

Disabled, pregnant, elderly I'll stand up and offer my seat no questions asked.

If I see any other woman standing near me, I would probably offer anyway... but hell no if she demands that I should.

I don't think about female self-entitlement or unrealistic demands, to me it's just a courteous thing to do.

Originally Posted by gko2408

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

lol, of course I hold the door open all the time

I don't even do it consciously...

unless you don't say thank you...

then, I mean mug the $%%* out of you......

usually there are double doors, so they get the second one and I come out on top anyway....

Awkward Scenario #153: I am approaching a glass double door that pulls on my side. On the other side of the door is a lady approaching the door. I pull open the door for the lady to pass through first, but at the same time the lady pushes open the other door and moseys on through. I'm left awkwardly holding the door.
see, i'm the type, especially for a lady, to kinda speed up/jog to the door....

i do it at work (elementary school) for the teachers all the time..

but yeah, i dunno, i wouldn't expect a thanks in that situation, unless, of course, she looked me dead in the eyes...

Originally Posted by rocman23

a chick has moved my hands and set on my lap before.
pimp.gif

real talk, chicks should just stop demanding the seat and lap up

won't be very many arguments from men, there....

roll.gif

"i mean, my legs hurt...we can lap up, though"

I'll offer my seat to a pregnant or older lady but wouldn't do it to some stupid broads.

I would give up my seat if a female was pregnant,elderly,disabled.Thats about it.I don't care if ur hot unless u taking me home with u.

I usually do give my seat up but sometimes im exhausted and pretend im asleep so they wont look at me like im waiting for you to get up even though i know idont have to.

Back
Top Bottom