Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

Once gum bottom XI's, always gum bottom XI's.
I have seafood too and to me personally, it is not worth it. Once the clear is gone, there is no turning back. A couple shades lighter does nothing for me.

Originally Posted by magicmike872

I think people need to understand something. Seaglow does work but it takes days, sometimes weeks. When I mean days, I mean ALL day. So don't expect to but it and see a huge difference in a few hours. If that is what you think, then you will be very disappointed
When you say it takes days, or weeks, do you mean you have to apply it multiple times, or just apply once, and let it sit on the soles during that duration?  Or do you mean even after you've applied and removed Seaglow once, it keeps removing the oxidation for days/weeks after that?

I think people need to understand something. Seaglow does work but it takes days, sometimes weeks. When I mean days, I mean ALL day. So don't expect to but it and see a huge difference in a few hours. If that is what you think, then you will be very disappointed
When you say it takes days, or weeks, do you mean you have to apply it multiple times, or just apply once, and let it sit on the soles during that duration?  Or do you mean even after you've applied and removed Seaglow once, it keeps removing the oxidation for days/weeks after that?

Originally Posted by Daver

Damn, you really took offense shoe king? Lol. I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. I know seaglow prevents it, i just don't do it prior to wearing. not my thing. If that's your thing, so be it. I wasn't knocking, I specifically said, "it's a good look"..

How am I missing the point of seaglowing? it ALSO REMOVES OXIDATION. See cleansing anywhere?

Don't wait too long? It's been 9 years since those XIs came out and it barely yellowed (from what he said) so what's the point of seaglowing? Unless he plans on wearing it, simply said.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait that long to seaglow if you plan on wearing them. I did say the darker/yellow/brown it is, the longer it takes to seaglow.

I'm not with all this crying and flaming stuff on the Internet. That's for females. You do you and keep it moving. It ain't hard.

Ofcoarse I got offended. I was here trying to help and your post was pointless. You actually replied, "good look, I think". Seaglow prevents oxidation, you have to first learn what the word means before you can talk trash about putting it on before you wear the shoes.

If you would have used it in the begining, your shoes you talked about earlier would not be brown, all I was trying to do was help.

Damn, you really took offense shoe king? Lol. I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. I know seaglow prevents it, i just don't do it prior to wearing. not my thing. If that's your thing, so be it. I wasn't knocking, I specifically said, "it's a good look"..

How am I missing the point of seaglowing? it ALSO REMOVES OXIDATION. See cleansing anywhere?

Don't wait too long? It's been 9 years since those XIs came out and it barely yellowed (from what he said) so what's the point of seaglowing? Unless he plans on wearing it, simply said.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait that long to seaglow if you plan on wearing them. I did say the darker/yellow/brown it is, the longer it takes to seaglow.

I'm not with all this crying and flaming stuff on the Internet. That's for females. You do you and keep it moving. It ain't hard.

Ofcoarse I got offended. I was here trying to help and your post was pointless. You actually replied, "good look, I think". Seaglow prevents oxidation, you have to first learn what the word means before you can talk trash about putting it on before you wear the shoes.

If you would have used it in the begining, your shoes you talked about earlier would not be brown, all I was trying to do was help.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Sea Glow will dry after awhile from the sunlight and heat. You have to wip and re-apply to get the best results. When you wipe it, your wiping oxidation that the sea glow is bringing up to the surface. Then after that, re-apply a thin layer. The longer you leave it in direct sunlight the better your shoes will look, you just got to remember to wipe away the surface oxidation.

Sea Glow will dry after awhile from the sunlight and heat. You have to wip and re-apply to get the best results. When you wipe it, your wiping oxidation that the sea glow is bringing up to the surface. Then after that, re-apply a thin layer. The longer you leave it in direct sunlight the better your shoes will look, you just got to remember to wipe away the surface oxidation.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Yea true. I knew that when I started doing my homework about seaglow. I didn't start seaglowing until around 2006. I really didn't care too much for my kicks back then around 1998-2001 era. I wore them to ball not as a fashion statement. Lol. I used them for what they were made for. When I started seaglowing I knew it would prevent it but never got around to actually trying it before wearing the shoes. But again, I wasn't talking trash saying that method didn't work. As a matter of fact, imma go ahead and try that now with my white varsity red VIs now that I seen pictures of the outcome. Thanks for the pics.

Yea true. I knew that when I started doing my homework about seaglow. I didn't start seaglowing until around 2006. I really didn't care too much for my kicks back then around 1998-2001 era. I wore them to ball not as a fashion statement. Lol. I used them for what they were made for. When I started seaglowing I knew it would prevent it but never got around to actually trying it before wearing the shoes. But again, I wasn't talking trash saying that method didn't work. As a matter of fact, imma go ahead and try that now with my white varsity red VIs now that I seen pictures of the outcome. Thanks for the pics.

Got it.  So you're saying you may have to reapply Sea Glow many, many times over the course of days/weeks?  And for each application, is there such a thing as leaving it on/in the sun for TOO long?  Is there an indication for what's long enough?  Man, at $40/16 oz bottle, I could see that getting pretty expensive very quickly, especially for multiple shoes.

Got it.  So you're saying you may have to reapply Sea Glow many, many times over the course of days/weeks?  And for each application, is there such a thing as leaving it on/in the sun for TOO long?  Is there an indication for what's long enough?  Man, at $40/16 oz bottle, I could see that getting pretty expensive very quickly, especially for multiple shoes.

I wonder when I will have to sea glow my 2009 space jams for the first time? If any has and has any before and after pics please post.

I wonder when I will have to sea glow my 2009 space jams for the first time? If any has and has any before and after pics please post.

You'd be surprised at how little you use. Your applying with a paper towel so it doesn't soak in too much like a sponge would.  Leaving it in the sun for an hour is good because it activates the reaction, but you don't want it to dry in the sun.  I've done 4 applications and used only about .5 an ounce.

You'd be surprised at how little you use. Your applying with a paper towel so it doesn't soak in too much like a sponge would.  Leaving it in the sun for an hour is good because it activates the reaction, but you don't want it to dry in the sun.  I've done 4 applications and used only about .5 an ounce.

The amount of sea glow is very small, I used about 1.5 ounces to do a pair of Concords. I put a few drops in a bowl then used a cotton ball to apply it to the soles.

The sea glow wont damage the shoes soles. When I did my Concords, I left them under the sun for over 5-6 hours per day for atleast 3 days straight. Only thing you have to look out for is the sole, they may seperate because of the sun's heat and if sea glow gets where the shoes glue is, that glue wont work anymore after seperation accurs. You gotta be careful to keep the sea glow only on the soles, and if you get some on the glue wipe it off with water before you put it in the sun.

XI's fiber plate is known for seperating, the glue will still work if you dont get sea glow between the plate and sole. Gorilla Glue works just fine if you cant get it back to sticking.

The amount of sea glow is very small, I used about 1.5 ounces to do a pair of Concords. I put a few drops in a bowl then used a cotton ball to apply it to the soles.

The sea glow wont damage the shoes soles. When I did my Concords, I left them under the sun for over 5-6 hours per day for atleast 3 days straight. Only thing you have to look out for is the sole, they may seperate because of the sun's heat and if sea glow gets where the shoes glue is, that glue wont work anymore after seperation accurs. You gotta be careful to keep the sea glow only on the soles, and if you get some on the glue wipe it off with water before you put it in the sun.

XI's fiber plate is known for seperating, the glue will still work if you dont get sea glow between the plate and sole. Gorilla Glue works just fine if you cant get it back to sticking.

Here you go...it's under island girl, not sea glow.
wink.gif

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=56&

Back
Top Bottom