Anti-Americans in America

Willmatic : you're saying some crazy stuff. Do you really think we all chose where we're born? do you think we all have the opportunity (financially) to go somewhere else? Where are we supposed to go?

You just seem ignorant, you have the typical arguments of extermists parties all over the world. The kind of parties that only get votes from people like you : low education, self-centered, followers, etc...

Willmatic : you're saying some crazy stuff. Do you really think we all chose where we're born? do you think we all have the opportunity (financially) to go somewhere else? Where are we supposed to go?

You just seem ignorant, you have the typical arguments of extermists parties all over the world. The kind of parties that only get votes from people like you : low education, self-centered, followers, etc...

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

The best way to slander this country is through the tyranny of unrealistic expectations. Hold America up to Utopian standards, it will fall short and at the same time, hold every one else, especially non Western societies to absurdly low expectations and they come out looking just great. Everything wrong about America can be found in abundance elsewhere (except for obesity because food is something that some countries do not have in abundance). So that is why other countries that have conquered others, dominated others and enslaved others, get a pass. Arabs and Chinese and Japanese and Indigenous Latin Americans, for instance, not only have had their traditions of terror, conquest, slavery, torture, serfdom, human sacrifice and theocracy ignored but their achievements are highlighted and sung through out the Western academic world.

Over zealous patriotism or ethnic pride lead to bad outcomes and should be avoided, no matter who you are, where you are from and where you currently live and work. Furthermore, this sort tribalism is especially irksome when you boast about how your culture is categorically superior to the established Anglo-American tradition and yet you live here and not in China or Russia or Mexico or Iran. If you have to leave a country, that generally is an indication that something about that country is wrong and is worse than the US. Living in LA I am just tired of seeing so many people proclaim their outright allegiance to societies that were so dysfunctional that they were compelled to emigrate.

If Cambodia or Russia or Armenia or Mexico or Thailand or China were all so categorically superior to this evil, weak, decedent place called America, why do you people come here and why do so few Americans settle and make new lives for themselves in your country of origin?

Obviously we understand that other countries have terrible pasts. 

Were just saying America isnt aand never has been what it claims to be

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

The best way to slander this country is through the tyranny of unrealistic expectations. Hold America up to Utopian standards, it will fall short and at the same time, hold every one else, especially non Western societies to absurdly low expectations and they come out looking just great. Everything wrong about America can be found in abundance elsewhere (except for obesity because food is something that some countries do not have in abundance). So that is why other countries that have conquered others, dominated others and enslaved others, get a pass. Arabs and Chinese and Japanese and Indigenous Latin Americans, for instance, not only have had their traditions of terror, conquest, slavery, torture, serfdom, human sacrifice and theocracy ignored but their achievements are highlighted and sung through out the Western academic world.

Over zealous patriotism or ethnic pride lead to bad outcomes and should be avoided, no matter who you are, where you are from and where you currently live and work. Furthermore, this sort tribalism is especially irksome when you boast about how your culture is categorically superior to the established Anglo-American tradition and yet you live here and not in China or Russia or Mexico or Iran. If you have to leave a country, that generally is an indication that something about that country is wrong and is worse than the US. Living in LA I am just tired of seeing so many people proclaim their outright allegiance to societies that were so dysfunctional that they were compelled to emigrate.

If Cambodia or Russia or Armenia or Mexico or Thailand or China were all so categorically superior to this evil, weak, decedent place called America, why do you people come here and why do so few Americans settle and make new lives for themselves in your country of origin?

Obviously we understand that other countries have terrible pasts. 

Were just saying America isnt aand never has been what it claims to be

Originally Posted by Weekz

Here's my take on this thing as a first generation american of west indian/caribbean decent.
As for the West Indian lady*  she is here most likely for one single purpose: earning more of the almighty dollar.  She does not have to like the people who were born here, she can say whatever she wants to.  That is one of the beauties of this country.  Also, she was clearly commenting on the person's behaviour, and disgusting it is.

Another thing that I would like to say is that by pointing out something or somebodys flaws, does not make you against them entirely.  It just means that see something that needs to be reformed -- and that can come from a place of love, a neutral place, or a place of hatred.  She was pointing out a flaw that happens to often on American streets (especially in NYC/subways).  

* WHO EVER SAID SHE IS FROM WEST INDIA (I DID SEE IT UP THERE BEFORE, YOU ARE ONLY PROVING HER, AND OTHER PEOPLES POINT THAT AMERICANS ARE DUMB.  THE REGION IS CALLED THE WEST INDIES, ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE CARIBBEAN!

EDIT: 

iYen wrote:
tkthafm wrote:
God forbid folks "have the nerve" to come here and "reap benefits" in a country built on centuries of whole sale exploitation on a global scale.

Herp Derp.

On another note:You can take the lady outta West India but you can't take the West India outta her.
Her attitude towards Americans isn't going change just because she lives in America. 
Its like an atheist that goes to a christian church.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

How are you this mad in the morning?
OP clearly said in the OG post, west indian lady not carribean lady.

Originally Posted by Weekz

Here's my take on this thing as a first generation american of west indian/caribbean decent.
As for the West Indian lady*  she is here most likely for one single purpose: earning more of the almighty dollar.  She does not have to like the people who were born here, she can say whatever she wants to.  That is one of the beauties of this country.  Also, she was clearly commenting on the person's behaviour, and disgusting it is.

Another thing that I would like to say is that by pointing out something or somebodys flaws, does not make you against them entirely.  It just means that see something that needs to be reformed -- and that can come from a place of love, a neutral place, or a place of hatred.  She was pointing out a flaw that happens to often on American streets (especially in NYC/subways).  

* WHO EVER SAID SHE IS FROM WEST INDIA (I DID SEE IT UP THERE BEFORE, YOU ARE ONLY PROVING HER, AND OTHER PEOPLES POINT THAT AMERICANS ARE DUMB.  THE REGION IS CALLED THE WEST INDIES, ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE CARIBBEAN!

EDIT: 

iYen wrote:
tkthafm wrote:
God forbid folks "have the nerve" to come here and "reap benefits" in a country built on centuries of whole sale exploitation on a global scale.

Herp Derp.

On another note:You can take the lady outta West India but you can't take the West India outta her.
Her attitude towards Americans isn't going change just because she lives in America. 
Its like an atheist that goes to a christian church.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

How are you this mad in the morning?
OP clearly said in the OG post, west indian lady not carribean lady.

I can't believe this blasphemy I just read
laugh.gif
^

The only people with Utopian standards are the people who suck the blood and life out of other cultures. You can say there is corruption throughout the world by creating a false conception of reality through the media and manipulating the academic curriculum , and by concocting an American identity that you assume is RIGHT because it's YOURS.

In reality the United States is nothing but home base for colonial style capital-imperialism, for the world elites to collude at will.

You have no clue what it feels like to be completely separated and uprooted from your identity, your MANHOOD, your SELF HOOD. Pride CANNOT be purchased with any amount of money or pacified by charity and sympathy, which is why we are YOUR money.

And the argument always goes: look at the condition of the rest of the world, you have it good in America! Thats the same thing slave traders explained to the African 'savages' while pouring your nasty liquor into our bodies.

We have it better in America as long as we compromise our humanity and beliefs for petty material gain rather than true OWNERSHIP...by now mankind should see where the real savagery comes from.

Stop disregarding the fact that the rest of the world is the product of America, and the mother countries of America.
The real Anti-Americans are aristocratic migrates from Europe, who couldn't compete within their own culture so they self-created a culture and nationality using the same methods of oppression they faced in their own mother land. 

Drink yourself away so you can forget the true dialect of history, but it doesn't change because you say so. 

I can't believe this blasphemy I just read
laugh.gif
^

The only people with Utopian standards are the people who suck the blood and life out of other cultures. You can say there is corruption throughout the world by creating a false conception of reality through the media and manipulating the academic curriculum , and by concocting an American identity that you assume is RIGHT because it's YOURS.

In reality the United States is nothing but home base for colonial style capital-imperialism, for the world elites to collude at will.

You have no clue what it feels like to be completely separated and uprooted from your identity, your MANHOOD, your SELF HOOD. Pride CANNOT be purchased with any amount of money or pacified by charity and sympathy, which is why we are YOUR money.

And the argument always goes: look at the condition of the rest of the world, you have it good in America! Thats the same thing slave traders explained to the African 'savages' while pouring your nasty liquor into our bodies.

We have it better in America as long as we compromise our humanity and beliefs for petty material gain rather than true OWNERSHIP...by now mankind should see where the real savagery comes from.

Stop disregarding the fact that the rest of the world is the product of America, and the mother countries of America.
The real Anti-Americans are aristocratic migrates from Europe, who couldn't compete within their own culture so they self-created a culture and nationality using the same methods of oppression they faced in their own mother land. 

Drink yourself away so you can forget the true dialect of history, but it doesn't change because you say so. 

I'm more bothered by people born in my city that are fans of sports teams in other markets

I'm more bothered by people born in my city that are fans of sports teams in other markets

America ain't perfect / no place is.

If you are an American, it's in your own best interest to cultivate a positive outlook on America. There are opportunities to be had here in America, and you can't say that about all places. There is some degree of upward mobility here in America, in some countries there is none. If you are born rich, you are rich. If you are born poor, you are poor. In America we have success stories. Families working hard/smart, moving themselves up.

I find people who are not happy with themselves project that emotion onto America.
i.e. -
"America is too competitive. America is too superficial. America is too consumeristic. America is a war machine."

Stop generalizing Americans! We have freedom of thought in this country(another luxury). There are plenty of Americans like you who see negative aspects of our system, they are just smart enough to work around them and find a community that aligns with their beliefs. You do you. Find a way to make America work for you. And stop whining to me about how much is wrong, that's straight up weak and annoying.

America ain't perfect, but there is still a lot to love.

Listen to Bruce Lee:
"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

be water, my friend

America ain't perfect / no place is.

If you are an American, it's in your own best interest to cultivate a positive outlook on America. There are opportunities to be had here in America, and you can't say that about all places. There is some degree of upward mobility here in America, in some countries there is none. If you are born rich, you are rich. If you are born poor, you are poor. In America we have success stories. Families working hard/smart, moving themselves up.

I find people who are not happy with themselves project that emotion onto America.
i.e. -
"America is too competitive. America is too superficial. America is too consumeristic. America is a war machine."

Stop generalizing Americans! We have freedom of thought in this country(another luxury). There are plenty of Americans like you who see negative aspects of our system, they are just smart enough to work around them and find a community that aligns with their beliefs. You do you. Find a way to make America work for you. And stop whining to me about how much is wrong, that's straight up weak and annoying.

America ain't perfect, but there is still a lot to love.

Listen to Bruce Lee:
"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

be water, my friend

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

This is circular and doesn't place any unique blame on America. This seems more of an indictment of human nature.

This is circular and doesn't place any unique blame on America. This seems more of an indictment of human nature.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Don't give me that human nature @@++ as a cop out for purely evil intent. Which one of these third world countries has initiated global wars responsible for the deaths of millions of human beings? Now these poor indigenous people are at each other throats because their situation has been interfered with by foreigners with no conduct or respect for people different than they are.
 To sum up America: diseases introduced, guns introduced, the concept of ownership introduced to a people who largely lived communally, meaning Africans and Native Americans, who Europeans falsely labeled 'Indians.'  

I'm not denying social status, which is a basic reality in every human society,  but there is a certain phenomena going on that transcends that reality and allows me to challenge the existing social order. 

A 'Tyranny of unrealistic expectations.'  I wish I lived in a world where the tyrants were mere abstractions. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Don't give me that human nature @@++ as a cop out for purely evil intent. Which one of these third world countries has initiated global wars responsible for the deaths of millions of human beings? Now these poor indigenous people are at each other throats because their situation has been interfered with by foreigners with no conduct or respect for people different than they are.
 To sum up America: diseases introduced, guns introduced, the concept of ownership introduced to a people who largely lived communally, meaning Africans and Native Americans, who Europeans falsely labeled 'Indians.'  

I'm not denying social status, which is a basic reality in every human society,  but there is a certain phenomena going on that transcends that reality and allows me to challenge the existing social order. 

A 'Tyranny of unrealistic expectations.'  I wish I lived in a world where the tyrants were mere abstractions. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Don't give me that human nature %*%$ as a cop out for purely evil intent. Which one of these third world countries has initiated global wars responsible for the deaths of millions of human beings? Now these poor indigenous people are at each other throats because there situation has been interfered with by foreigners with no conduct or respect for people different than they are.
 Diseases introduced, guns introduced, the concept of ownership introduced to a people who largely lived communally.  I'm not denying social status, which is a basic reality,  but there is a certain phenomena going on that transcends that reality and allows me to challenge the existing social order. 

I'm just commenting on how you wrote that statement. I have nothing else to go by. 
3rd world countries can't initiate global wars so the point is moot. 

Don't give me that human nature %*%$ as a cop out for purely evil intent. Which one of these third world countries has initiated global wars responsible for the deaths of millions of human beings? Now these poor indigenous people are at each other throats because there situation has been interfered with by foreigners with no conduct or respect for people different than they are.
 Diseases introduced, guns introduced, the concept of ownership introduced to a people who largely lived communally.  I'm not denying social status, which is a basic reality,  but there is a certain phenomena going on that transcends that reality and allows me to challenge the existing social order. 

I'm just commenting on how you wrote that statement. I have nothing else to go by. 
3rd world countries can't initiate global wars so the point is moot. 

We still are England's colony. 
Don't talk about oppression in other countries until you mention the United States role in creating that oppression. 

America is nothing but the international picture shoved into a box.

We still are England's colony. 
Don't talk about oppression in other countries until you mention the United States role in creating that oppression. 

America is nothing but the international picture shoved into a box.

Back
Top Bottom