China
UAE
Sweden
Denmark
Russia
Brazil[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand what you are saying in that you can find people who have similar lifestyles to Americans in these countries BUT, the chances of you being someone in that country who has a similar lifestyle to that of an american is tiny. What I am saying is that the average American lives an exponentially better life than the average chinese, egyptian, russian, or brazilian. Italy is also one of the most corrupt countries in the developed world.[/font]

[/font]

To add to that point, in all of the Africa and Asian countries named (excepting Japan) you would not the ability or the right to say negative things about those countries' governments and/or religions.

Also, the notion of vast European prosperity is overstated. They do get publicly funded Health care and education but bot hare rationed. Health care is rationed with very long wait times and out right denial of care in many cases. You can get a subsidized world class education but very few spots are available so unless you are in the top 10% or so of your class, you do not go to college. The price of food and fuel is even higher there. The elites in Europe promote (some say brow beat) most people onto trains and buses while they ride around in motorcades. European workers have longer vacations and more job security but that makes employers reluctant to hire even during boom times so unemployment is quite high.

There are many great things about Europe and the standard of living is quite high but a lot of people, especially academics and upper middle class young people, go to Europe and see the lifestyle of the well off in the city and see that they work less than their counter parts back home and then conclude that Europeans, writ large, have a vastly superior standard of living compared to their counter parts in the US.

DwyaneWadeOG wrote:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canada
England
Japan
Ireland
Germany
South Korea
France
Egypt
Italy
Qatar
Portugal
China
UAE
Sweden
Denmark
Russia
Brazil[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand what you are saying in that you can find people who have similar lifestyles to Americans in these countries BUT, the chances of you being someone in that country who has a similar lifestyle to that of an american is tiny. What I am saying is that the average American lives an exponentially better life than the average chinese, egyptian, russian, or brazilian. Italy is also one of the most corrupt countries in the developed world.[/font]

[/font]

To add to that point, in all of the Africa and Asian countries named (excepting Japan) you would not the ability or the right to say negative things about those countries' governments and/or religions.

Also, the notion of vast European prosperity is overstated. They do get publicly funded Health care and education but bot hare rationed. Health care is rationed with very long wait times and out right denial of care in many cases. You can get a subsidized world class education but very few spots are available so unless you are in the top 10% or so of your class, you do not go to college. The price of food and fuel is even higher there. The elites in Europe promote (some say brow beat) most people onto trains and buses while they ride around in motorcades. European workers have longer vacations and more job security but that makes employers reluctant to hire even during boom times so unemployment is quite high.

There are many great things about Europe and the standard of living is quite high but a lot of people, especially academics and upper middle class young people, go to Europe and see the lifestyle of the well off in the city and see that they work less than their counter parts back home and then conclude that Europeans, writ large, have a vastly superior standard of living compared to their counter parts in the US.

Egypt ?!?!? Have you even been to Egypt, even before the whole 2010 fiasco?

UAE!??!?! Where women aren't allowed to drive and you get thrown in jail for kissing your wife in public?

Brazil??!?! nice country, but the average Brasilian does not live on the beaches of Rio
laugh.gif

"Anywhere in the world basically." wow some of you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

UAE!??!?! Where women aren't allowed to drive and you get thrown in jail for kissing your wife in public?

Brazil??!?! nice country, but the average Brasilian does not live on the beaches of Rio
laugh.gif

"Anywhere in the world basically." wow some of you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

laugh.gif

it's funny to me.   honestly im a realist, i see problems in this country and flaws as well, nothing so serious where i would pack up and leave but i have complaints towards certain things.

still it's just funny to me when someones birth certificate says they were born in america, yet try to tell everyone their a prisoner in america, how they don't celebrate these american holidays, (nothing wrong with not celebrating them but the way this dude i know says it comes across real stupid) and has a million different bad things to say (20% of them legit gripes but the other 80% reaching, contradictions, and stupidity)  i get this from a friends of mine regularly and it just sounds dumb to me. dude thinks a weather machine made hurricane katrina happen so i really don't take much of what he says seriously
laugh.gif
  im sure there's other 1st world countries in the world where you can live nice and have a good life that's not the issue to me, and i wouldn't deny or dispute that because i agree with it.

still though, if your going to complain about EVERYTHING in this country,  im not saying a few complaints here and there because that's reasonable. but if you hate a country you live in so much, and you deny your a citizen in it, why would you still live there if you had the oppurtunity to get up and leave whenever you wanted. if i shared that same sentiment, i would personally make the move elsewhere since it's no point in being somewhere you don't like or wanna be at, if you have the oppurtunity to go elsewhere.

laugh.gif

it's funny to me.   honestly im a realist, i see problems in this country and flaws as well, nothing so serious where i would pack up and leave but i have complaints towards certain things.

still it's just funny to me when someones birth certificate says they were born in america, yet try to tell everyone their a prisoner in america, how they don't celebrate these american holidays, (nothing wrong with not celebrating them but the way this dude i know says it comes across real stupid) and has a million different bad things to say (20% of them legit gripes but the other 80% reaching, contradictions, and stupidity)  i get this from a friends of mine regularly and it just sounds dumb to me. dude thinks a weather machine made hurricane katrina happen so i really don't take much of what he says seriously
laugh.gif
  im sure there's other 1st world countries in the world where you can live nice and have a good life that's not the issue to me, and i wouldn't deny or dispute that because i agree with it.

still though, if your going to complain about EVERYTHING in this country,  im not saying a few complaints here and there because that's reasonable. but if you hate a country you live in so much, and you deny your a citizen in it, why would you still live there if you had the oppurtunity to get up and leave whenever you wanted. if i shared that same sentiment, i would personally make the move elsewhere since it's no point in being somewhere you don't like or wanna be at, if you have the oppurtunity to go elsewhere.

You don't get it so I guess that means your comfortable being a slave to this society...it's disturbing there are so many brothers like you...but there are a lot more brothers who desire a true identity and a true chance to succeed in the world without being a *!$#!#! ball player or entertainer.

You don't get it so I guess that means your comfortable being a slave to this society...it's disturbing there are so many brothers like you...but there are a lot more brothers who desire a true identity and a true chance to succeed in the world without being a *!$#!#! ball player or entertainer.

laugh.gif

Well I was assuming he was referring to the American lifestyle and you can in those countries. 

If we're going to be handpicking situations then no Babilonia is not going to be San Fransisco therefore Toledo is no Rio de Janeiro.

Kissing your wife in public is overrated what if you want to play dominos on Sunday in Alabama? Dumb laws are dumb laws.

laugh.gif

Well I was assuming he was referring to the American lifestyle and you can in those countries. 

If we're going to be handpicking situations then no Babilonia is not going to be San Fransisco therefore Toledo is no Rio de Janeiro.

Kissing your wife in public is overrated what if you want to play dominos on Sunday in Alabama? Dumb laws are dumb laws.

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

As much as people wanna bash on America, name more than 5 other countries in the world you'd realistically be able to live the way you do in America.

1. Canada
2. United Kingdom

3. Australia

4. New Zealand

5. France

6. Germany

7. Switzerland

8. Spain

9. Italy

10. Netherlands

11. Finland

12. Sweden 

13. Norway (prob one of the wealthiest nations per capita)

14. Any of those little countries in Europe that no one knows about (Luxembourg, Lichtenstein etc.) 

15. Uruguay (
smokin.gif
is legal)

16. Paraguay 

17. Argentina

18. Denmark 

19. Iceland 

20. Israel

As much as people wanna bash on America, name more than 5 other countries in the world you'd realistically be able to live the way you do in America.

1. Canada
2. United Kingdom

3. Australia

4. New Zealand

5. France

6. Germany

7. Switzerland

8. Spain

9. Italy

10. Netherlands

11. Finland

12. Sweden 

14. Any of those little countries in Europe that no one knows about (Luxembourg, Lichtenstein etc.) 

15. Uruguay (
smokin.gif
is legal)

16. Paraguay 

17. Argentina

18. Denmark 

19. Iceland 

20. Israel

People actin like it's hard to leave the country and live somewhere else.

Buy yourself a ticket, find a place to live, get a job, pay rent, live there. Sure I simplified it a bit, but really it ain't all that hard.

It ain't rocket science and it can be done if there is a will to do it.

Most of y'all will stay cryin' and complaining cause it's easier to do.

People actin like it's hard to leave the country and live somewhere else.

Buy yourself a ticket, find a place to live, get a job, pay rent, live there. Sure I simplified it a bit, but really it ain't all that hard.

It ain't rocket science and it can be done if there is a will to do it.

Most of y'all will stay cryin' and complaining cause it's easier to do.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

1. Canada
2. United Kingdom

3. Australia

4. New Zealand

5. France

6. Germany

7. Switzerland

8. Spain

9. Italy

10. Netherlands

11. Finland

12. Sweden 

15. Uruguay (
smokin.gif
is legal)

16. Paraguay 

17. Argentina

18. Denmark 

19. Iceland 

20. Israel

roll the dice.. pack up. relocate. 
easy right?

edit: this dude really listed Israel and Paraguay. Luolz

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

1. Canada
2. United Kingdom

3. Australia

4. New Zealand

5. France

6. Germany

7. Switzerland

8. Spain

9. Italy

10. Netherlands

11. Finland

12. Sweden 

15. Uruguay (
smokin.gif
is legal)

16. Paraguay 

17. Argentina

18. Denmark 

19. Iceland 

20. Israel

roll the dice.. pack up. relocate. 
easy right?

edit: this dude really listed Israel and Paraguay. Luolz

#!@% you. It's my right as an American to criticize Americans, the American way of life, and the American government. Taking that away from people is taking the American out of them because by exercising their disdain for Americans they are exercising an American right.

Back
Top Bottom