Antoine Dodson won.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

regardless of what kind of job it is, rules are rules. I have a management position now and was still walked through the typical stuff of every job. so you can 
sick.gif
 all day with that chip on your shoulder. sad thing about it is you'll probably pass on this "woe is me" demeanor to your kids.

This is the last time I'm going to address the idiocy of your posts.  There is a difference, a significant difference between explaining a policy, and speaking to someone in a condescending way with phrases such as "you can't always come to work late".

I'm calling it idiocy because your examples aren't even relative.  A retail job.  A rule book.  None of this is relative to being on an interview and being spoken to in a condescending way about excessive latenesses.  You aren't an idiot though, you're quite bright. 

regardless of what kind of job it is, rules are rules. I have a management position now and was still walked through the typical stuff of every job. so you can 
sick.gif
 all day with that chip on your shoulder. sad thing about it is you'll probably pass on this "woe is me" demeanor to your kids.

This is the last time I'm going to address the idiocy of your posts.  There is a difference, a significant difference between explaining a policy, and speaking to someone in a condescending way with phrases such as "you can't always come to work late".

I'm calling it idiocy because your examples aren't even relative.  A retail job.  A rule book.  None of this is relative to being on an interview and being spoken to in a condescending way about excessive latenesses.  You aren't an idiot though, you're quite bright. 

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Attraction came first, but attraction is a step toward the sexual union of two people right?

I think you're missing the point that kids shouldn't be sexual attracted one way or the other.

Gay = homoSEXUAL, right? Kids shouldn't be having sexual thoughts. When kids are exposed to sex, whether hetero or +*+*, it becomes a thought and they shouldn't even be processing those thoughts.

There was a video I saw a while ago about a mother with two sons who has one in a room that's masculine and one in a room that was feminine (ponys, dolls, etc.) because that was his "preference". Kids shouldn't even be thinking about their "preference" at that age. Does gay = feminine? The boy should have been treated just as his brother was. Why the difference?

Say what you want, but kids need to be kids and shouldn't be thinking about adult things. That's my opinion though.

I wish I could find the video.

Moving on...

ok this is where you're confusing things...

Gender association does not = sexuality.

A boy who likes "feminine" things is not necessarily gay.  So your video might not even be relevant.

That said, to imply that children are not or should not be attracted to others is foolish and naive.

I knew I was into girls by age 4.  It's as simple as that.  I didn't want to flip any of them onto a table, but I knew I found girls aesthetically pleasing.  As innocently sexual as that may have been, it was still sexual, and whether or not you want to agree with it natural.

You start to form your own gender identity and sexual preference almost as early as you are able to have unique indivual self-actualizing thoughts.

And back to our original discussion, you yourself admit that attraction comes first.  So to imply that someone might only be gay because they haven't had the opportunity to experience sex yet is plain stupidity.  You know what you're attracted to long before you act on any of those feelings.  There may be some confusion as to why that attraction is there, but the fact of the matter is it exists.

Attraction came first, but attraction is a step toward the sexual union of two people right?

I think you're missing the point that kids shouldn't be sexual attracted one way or the other.

Gay = homoSEXUAL, right? Kids shouldn't be having sexual thoughts. When kids are exposed to sex, whether hetero or +*+*, it becomes a thought and they shouldn't even be processing those thoughts.

There was a video I saw a while ago about a mother with two sons who has one in a room that's masculine and one in a room that was feminine (ponys, dolls, etc.) because that was his "preference". Kids shouldn't even be thinking about their "preference" at that age. Does gay = feminine? The boy should have been treated just as his brother was. Why the difference?

Say what you want, but kids need to be kids and shouldn't be thinking about adult things. That's my opinion though.

Moving on...

ok this is where you're confusing things...

Gender association does not = sexuality.

A boy who likes "feminine" things is not necessarily gay.  So your video might not even be relevant.

That said, to imply that children are not or should not be attracted to others is foolish and naive.

I knew I was into girls by age 4.  It's as simple as that.  I didn't want to flip any of them onto a table, but I knew I found girls aesthetically pleasing.  As innocently sexual as that may have been, it was still sexual, and whether or not you want to agree with it natural.

You start to form your own gender identity and sexual preference almost as early as you are able to have unique indivual self-actualizing thoughts.

And back to our original discussion, you yourself admit that attraction comes first.  So to imply that someone might only be gay because they haven't had the opportunity to experience sex yet is plain stupidity.  You know what you're attracted to long before you act on any of those feelings.  There may be some confusion as to why that attraction is there, but the fact of the matter is it exists.

All of this debating because of Antoine Dodson?
laugh.gif
NT is somethin else.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

I'll never understand why Black people care how we are represented...Asians,Latinos, and Whites damn share don't care how we view them?
When you are interviewed for a job and the interviewer asks you derogatory questions and insinuates negative stereotypes, then you might understand. 
Explain what happened. Why did you respond to him like that

That's what happened.  On a job interview, a guy decided to discuss things like the lateness policy and say things like "you can't always come to work late".  This was for a credit analyst position at a bank.

It was the only time I had something like that happen to me on an interview but it happens.  It also makes you wonder how many think those things but don't go as far as to let it come out of their mouth. 
What a joke.

This is your example of being subject to stereotyping? And you wonder why no one takes you people seriously.
The hell?

laugh.gif
NT is somethin else.

I'll never understand why Black people care how we are represented...Asians,Latinos, and Whites damn share don't care how we view them?
When you are interviewed for a job and the interviewer asks you derogatory questions and insinuates negative stereotypes, then you might understand. 

That's what happened.  On a job interview, a guy decided to discuss things like the lateness policy and say things like "you can't always come to work late".  This was for a credit analyst position at a bank.

It was the only time I had something like that happen to me on an interview but it happens.  It also makes you wonder how many think those things but don't go as far as to let it come out of their mouth. 
What a joke.

This is your example of being subject to stereotyping? And you wonder why no one takes you people seriously.
The hell?

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

laugh.gif
NT is somethin else.

What a joke.

alg_robertdowneyjr.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

laugh.gif
NT is somethin else.

What a joke.

alg_robertdowneyjr.jpg

But a job stating that tardiness is not accepted has nothing to do with that stereotype. It's common sense - show up to work on time whether you're black white purple pink or tie dye. I wish a white person would come in here and confirm that they, too, have to follow this general rule.

Show me a job where it's acceptable to arrive late. You can't. Because that's part of the responsibility of having a job.

You know this. I know this. They know this.

I'd love to hear how the potential employer said it. But regardless, I can definitely see how a black person would be offended.

But a job stating that tardiness is not accepted has nothing to do with that stereotype. It's common sense - show up to work on time whether you're black white purple pink or tie dye. I wish a white person would come in here and confirm that they, too, have to follow this general rule.

Show me a job where it's acceptable to arrive late. You can't. Because that's part of the responsibility of having a job.

I'd love to hear how the potential employer said it. But regardless, I can definitely see how a black person would be offended.

Moving on...
not sure what you're saying here.  if a kid likes a doll, should the parent try to force more manly things into his hands?
Originally Posted by AG 47

i'll admit that when i first read cguy's post, i first thought "wth? so how is that racist?"
but as AG said, i would like to hear how it was delivered. what i can imagine is something along the lines of, "now, *makes stern eye contact* you know you can't arrive late all the time... *waits for head nod from cguy*...    right??"

Moving on...
not sure what you're saying here.  if a kid likes a doll, should the parent try to force more manly things into his hands?
Originally Posted by AG 47

i'll admit that when i first read cguy's post, i first thought "wth? so how is that racist?"
but as AG said, i would like to hear how it was delivered. what i can imagine is something along the lines of, "now, *makes stern eye contact* you know you can't arrive late all the time... *waits for head nod from cguy*...    right??"

A wise man named Malcolm X once said , "Negroes are so busy trying to impress on the white man that they are 'different from those others' that they can't see they are only helping the white man to keep his low opinion of all Negroes."

Think about it.

A wise man named Malcolm X once said , "Negroes are so busy trying to impress on the white man that they are 'different from those others' that they can't see they are only helping the white man to keep his low opinion of all Negroes."

Think about it.

Originally Posted by My Swag Runz Deep

Think about it.
nice quote.

Think about it.
nice quote.

I don't care about "impressing the white man."

I care about making an impression on "black" children.

The end.

The end.

The end.
If this is the case you have a lot of weight on your shoulders, because like I said earlier Antoine Dodson is not who black people should be worried about setting a bad example for black children. I mean dude is a fool don't get me wrong but I think it's comedy and he's somewhat harmless.

It's black people that perpetuate and glorify anti-social behavior we should be expending all this energy on.

The end.
If this is the case you have a lot of weight on your shoulders, because like I said earlier Antoine Dodson is not who black people should be worried about setting a bad example for black children. I mean dude is a fool don't get me wrong but I think it's comedy and he's somewhat harmless.

It's black people that perpetuate and glorify anti-social behavior we should be expending all this energy on.

Think about it.

pimp.gif

Think about it.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JUNIOR STRIKES

Think about it.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom