Antoine Dodson won.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

I'll never understand why Black people care how we are represented...

I don't care as much about adults seeing negative portrayals of African Americans, but when kids grow up thinking they can only fit certain roles, it's damaging to our people.

On another note, you now have children claiming they are gay when they've never (hopefully) experienced sex.

Some of you are too focused on singular issues and not seeing the larger picture.
tired.gif

you don't have to have experienced sex to know you're gay...

that's like you saying you weren't sure you were straight and just as easily could have been homosexual until you had sex with a woman for the first time.

human attraction does not begin with sexual experimentation.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Damn I can't get on anybody's swag list because I'm Indian...
smh.gif
The bigotry is killing me.

You been on my swaglist tho, especially since you changed that ridiculous avy of yours.
laugh.gif

And Nako I made the same point to General Johnson's argument......good luck fam.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

You been on my swaglist tho, especially since you changed that ridiculous avy of yours.
laugh.gif

And Nako I made the same point to General Johnson's argument......good luck fam.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I don't care as much about adults seeing negative portrayals of African Americans, but when kids grow up thinking they can only fit certain roles, it's damaging to our people.

On another note, you now have children claiming they are gay when they've never (hopefully) experienced sex.

Some of you are too focused on singular issues and not seeing the larger picture.
tired.gif

that's like you saying you weren't sure you were straight and just as easily could have been homosexual until you had sex with a woman for the first time.

Are you saying that sexual attraction and preference are not related to the act of sex?

And no to your second point.

If sex is not related to attraction (part of the selection process of finding a "mate" to have sex with) then what is the purpose of sex?

And to the lame brains screaming out insecurity, chill. That defense mechanism is weak and doesn't apply here. I guess demanding respect and having your standards of behavior honored is for the weak, right?

How does one arrange his thoughts so that everything another person says is inverted and turned on its head? It's like a knee-jerk reaction with a few of you.

tired.gif

Are you saying that sexual attraction and preference are not related to the act of sex?

If sex is not related to attraction (part of the selection process of finding a "mate" to have sex with) then what is the purpose of sex?

And to the lame brains screaming out insecurity, chill. That defense mechanism is weak and doesn't apply here. I guess demanding respect and having your standards of behavior honored is for the weak, right?

How does one arrange his thoughts so that everything another person says is inverted and turned on its head? It's like a knee-jerk reaction with a few of you.

tired.gif

I see your confusion, let me put it like this...

What comes first, sex or attraction?

in other words, did you only become attracted to women after you had had sex with one, or did that attraction and desire to experiment with a woman exist prior to you ever actually acting on those emotions?

tired.gif

I see your confusion, let me put it like this...

What comes first, sex or attraction?

in other words, did you only become attracted to women after you had had sex with one, or did that attraction and desire to experiment with a woman exist prior to you ever actually acting on those emotions?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I do but I understand how to differentiate that from reality. And I also believe rap is a tool used to suppress our intellect and praise ignorance. I believe rap is a tool to keep us down as well.

Yes we do make the music only because we need $ for our "talents." If those dudes don't make the music what else do they have to live for? The majority of them.

But I do listen to it from time to time. Why do you ask?
I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.

I can understand DC's viewpoint, though I may not agree fully with it. I can also respect the counterpoint if you will that Anton has presented. I'd agree that rap and unintended role models are more of a problem than what was displayed by the Dodson guy. I mean we are keeping it real correct?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I do but I understand how to differentiate that from reality. And I also believe rap is a tool used to suppress our intellect and praise ignorance. I believe rap is a tool to keep us down as well.

Yes we do make the music only because we need $ for our "talents." If those dudes don't make the music what else do they have to live for? The majority of them.

But I do listen to it from time to time. Why do you ask?
I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.

I can understand DC's viewpoint, though I may not agree fully with it. I can also respect the counterpoint if you will that Anton has presented. I'd agree that rap and unintended role models are more of a problem than what was displayed by the Dodson guy. I mean we are keeping it real correct?

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This is  the time I need the trident gum commercial gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Attraction came first, but attraction is a step toward the sexual union of two people right?

I think you're missing the point that kids shouldn't be sexual attracted one way or the other.

Gay = homoSEXUAL, right? Kids shouldn't be having sexual thoughts. When kids are exposed to sex, whether hetero or +*+*, it becomes a thought and they shouldn't even be processing those thoughts.

There was a video I saw a while ago about a mother with two sons who has one in a room that's masculine and one in a room that was feminine (ponys, dolls, etc.) because that was his "preference". Kids shouldn't even be thinking about their "preference" at that age. Does gay = feminine? The boy should have been treated just as his brother was. Why the difference?

Say what you want, but kids need to be kids and shouldn't be thinking about adult things. That's my opinion though.

I wish I could find the video.

Moving on...

Attraction came first, but attraction is a step toward the sexual union of two people right?

I think you're missing the point that kids shouldn't be sexual attracted one way or the other.

Gay = homoSEXUAL, right? Kids shouldn't be having sexual thoughts. When kids are exposed to sex, whether hetero or +*+*, it becomes a thought and they shouldn't even be processing those thoughts.

There was a video I saw a while ago about a mother with two sons who has one in a room that's masculine and one in a room that was feminine (ponys, dolls, etc.) because that was his "preference". Kids shouldn't even be thinking about their "preference" at that age. Does gay = feminine? The boy should have been treated just as his brother was. Why the difference?

Say what you want, but kids need to be kids and shouldn't be thinking about adult things. That's my opinion though.

I wish I could find the video.

Moving on...

Like it was brought up earlier, people are disguising their homophobic sentiments in this thread as "pro-black". Homophobic white people are making their own baseless justifications for it as well (religion). You aint special.
laugh.gif

One of the most powerful men in human history was a homosexual and frequently engaged in sodomy with his soldiers.

sodomydetailamphora_1.jpg

pompeii_art_alexander_great.jpg

Alexander the Great.

Yeah and pretty much the SPartans which were depicted in the movie 300 (The Battle of Thermopylae) were pretty much butt fuggers FWIW.

Like it was brought up earlier, people are disguising their homophobic sentiments in this thread as "pro-black". Homophobic white people are making their own baseless justifications for it as well (religion). You aint special.
laugh.gif

One of the most powerful men in human history was a homosexual and frequently engaged in sodomy with his soldiers.

sodomydetailamphora_1.jpg

pompeii_art_alexander_great.jpg

Alexander the Great.

Yeah and pretty much the SPartans which were depicted in the movie 300 (The Battle of Thermopylae) were pretty much butt fuggers FWIW.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Serious question: I'm a black male and I'm wondering is this thread worth me reading from pg.1 to current? I saw the title and was expecting a few
roll.gif
then I skip to the last page and it seems to be a serious discussion going on. Should I care? Am I possibly missing something that may become relevant to NT in the future? Again, no joke here. I need to know before I start reading...

Not worth your time. Just dudes hashing out their insecurities and crying that good black ppl aren't recognized by the media.

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Downtown Huntsville FTW!!!! Yo people sleep on Hunstville, but their is mad money there and massive amounts of hot chicks. They have the highest Phd's and Engineers per capita their...and one of the best movie theaters I have been to.
 You need to visit some other city's, Huntsville does not have alot of hot chicks. And yea that theater is nice its making all the other theaters sell tickets for a dollar
laugh.gif
Born and raised in Brooklyn, lived in Vegas, lived all over Atlanta, lived a little more than an hour away from L.A. and frequently visited, lived in Tampa. Basically lived in San Diego cause my old job sent me there so much, been to Tapei Taiwan, Manila, Bagdhad, Cayman Islands, Germany, blah, blah blah, I still like and think Huntsville is one of the US's best kept secret cities.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Serious question: I'm a black male and I'm wondering is this thread worth me reading from pg.1 to current? I saw the title and was expecting a few
roll.gif
then I skip to the last page and it seems to be a serious discussion going on. Should I care? Am I possibly missing something that may become relevant to NT in the future? Again, no joke here. I need to know before I start reading...

Not worth your time. Just dudes hashing out their insecurities and crying that good black ppl aren't recognized by the media.

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Downtown Huntsville FTW!!!! Yo people sleep on Hunstville, but their is mad money there and massive amounts of hot chicks. They have the highest Phd's and Engineers per capita their...and one of the best movie theaters I have been to.
 You need to visit some other city's, Huntsville does not have alot of hot chicks. And yea that theater is nice its making all the other theaters sell tickets for a dollar
laugh.gif
Born and raised in Brooklyn, lived in Vegas, lived all over Atlanta, lived a little more than an hour away from L.A. and frequently visited, lived in Tampa. Basically lived in San Diego cause my old job sent me there so much, been to Tapei Taiwan, Manila, Bagdhad, Cayman Islands, Germany, blah, blah blah, I still like and think Huntsville is one of the US's best kept secret cities.

Back
Top Bottom