Antoine Dodson won.

140034398.jpg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I want to say something but I don't want to get banned. But expect to see more of his type in the mass media after this. Continue to make "us" look bad but cover it up as giving us exposure. Not a fan.

Video was funny but just makes us look more like a joke.

Say word, ya'll "manly" gays don't like the flamboyant joints?

I don't WORRY (not stressed about it) but it is a concern for me people's perception of my people before they even get a chance to know them. People form untrue and negative stereotypes of my people can't and won't be a good thing. Not saying we won't make any progress but what happens when a lil dude from the hood that IS trying to do something with himself applies for a job and is turned away because the person that interviews him has a negative though of black people? Things like that happen. And it bothers me.

So no, I will not stop "worrying" about it because it bothers me. Why does/should anyone want their group to be viewed in a negative light and constantly be made fun of?

I don't WORRY (not stressed about it) but it is a concern for me people's perception of my people before they even get a chance to know them. People form untrue and negative stereotypes of my people can't and won't be a good thing. Not saying we won't make any progress but what happens when a lil dude from the hood that IS trying to do something with himself applies for a job and is turned away because the person that interviews him has a negative though of black people? Things like that happen. And it bothers me.

So no, I will not stop "worrying" about it because it bothers me. Why does/should anyone want their group to be viewed in a negative light and constantly be made fun of?

Someone needs to gif @ 1:06 him waving and dude on the right thumbs up.

ps I dont have sound at work and I have no idea who he is
eyes.gif
 but girl in the red could recieve it.

Someone needs to gif @ 1:06 him waving and dude on the right thumbs up.

ps I dont have sound at work and I have no idea who he is
eyes.gif
 but girl in the red could recieve it.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Downtown Huntsville FTW!!!! Yo people sleep on Hunstville, but their is mad money there and massive amounts of hot chicks. They have the highest Phd's and Engineers per capita their...and one of the best movie theaters I have been to.

lol you must of just moved here recently?
Huntsville is really dull broesph, downtown has gotten a lot better though. but yeah if you're an engineer Huntsville is the place to be.
What movie theater are you talking about?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I was there in 2008 working for a  gov't defense contractor. I guess since I was new, single and making real good money I was geeked to be there. I'm talking about the movie theater at Bridge Street. You can  go to the cocktail bar right in the movie theater and bring your drink in and get wasted. Of course you know about that already.

ah yeah that place is nice, I'm underage so haven't been able to go upstairs yet.
frown.gif

a few more months in im up there

Downtown Huntsville FTW!!!! Yo people sleep on Hunstville, but their is mad money there and massive amounts of hot chicks. They have the highest Phd's and Engineers per capita their...and one of the best movie theaters I have been to.

lol you must of just moved here recently?
Huntsville is really dull broesph, downtown has gotten a lot better though. but yeah if you're an engineer Huntsville is the place to be.
What movie theater are you talking about?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I was there in 2008 working for a  gov't defense contractor. I guess since I was new, single and making real good money I was geeked to be there. I'm talking about the movie theater at Bridge Street. You can  go to the cocktail bar right in the movie theater and bring your drink in and get wasted. Of course you know about that already.

ah yeah that place is nice, I'm underage so haven't been able to go upstairs yet.
frown.gif

a few more months in im up there

I want to say something but I don't want to get banned. But expect to see more of his type in the mass media after this. Continue to make "us" look bad but cover it up as giving us exposure. Not a fan.

Co-sign.

Co-sign.

Do you listen to rap music by any chance DC?

Do you listen to rap music by any chance DC?

I do but I understand how to differentiate that from reality. And I also believe rap is a tool used to suppress our intellect and praise ignorance. I believe rap is a tool to keep us down as well.

Yes we do make the music only because we need $ for our "talents." If those dudes don't make the music what else do they have to live for? The majority of them.

But I do listen to it from time to time. Why do you ask?

I do but I understand how to differentiate that from reality. And I also believe rap is a tool used to suppress our intellect and praise ignorance. I believe rap is a tool to keep us down as well.

Yes we do make the music only because we need $ for our "talents." If those dudes don't make the music what else do they have to live for? The majority of them.

This. I don't give a eff what people from other cities say, I'm proud of where I'm from. I always rep 256.

This. I don't give a eff what people from other cities say, I'm proud of where I'm from. I always rep 256.

I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.

I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.

Back
Top Bottom