Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

My buddy has an old set of adams hybrids that he still swears by. Everything in his bag is nike but those hybrids. I was a fan of the nike hyrbids from last year (with the grey top). I put some steel shafts in them and they are money. Plus they can be had for very cheap in comparison to some Adams and Titleist. I tend to hook every Adams I hit.
I used to be a HUGE adams hybrid fan. So much so that I bought tour issued non-retail released PNT hybrids. But this year's VR Pro hybrid is CRAZY good. I'm not the biggest fan of the feel of the Project X hybrid shafts, but at least they're heavy enough and play similar to the Nippon 950 steel shafts that I don't need to bother swapping out.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

^^^ I am looking for an adams hybrid as we speak. I didnt get that Titleist, I hit a nickent last year at a demo day, and was blasting. but im an Adams fan, so I might to with an Adams.
Don't know how you went to a Nickent demo day last year considering they went out of business in 2009.....

Adams makes a solid hybrid. I haven't hit their superhybrid because it looks too much like a fairway wood but their a7 and pro black are excellent retail offerings. Supposedly the Cleveland Mashie is supposed to be bomb too. Don't even get me started on the VR Pro hybrid.... CRAZY GOOD

Nice. I've just been using project x hyrbid steel shafts in my hybrids and couldn't be happier. I love the project X shafts. I had a tour proto in a Cobra Pro S a few years ago, I wish they would release an afermarket version closer to those proto's. It was a really a beast of a club. Nike has made some solid hyrbids even going back to the Slingshots.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Off topic, KobeTwo, have you ever played Arroyo Trabuco? Thinking of playing on Friday. 

yo sole. yeah i've played arroyo. it's nice, my clubmaker actually is situated there so thats where i get to play with all the golf toys. good course, hot cart girls (i've never seen a bad one there). course looks great but isn't exactly the hardest thing on the planet. be careful with the grain on the putting surface. it actually matters quite a bit on that course.

Nice. I've just been using project x hyrbid steel shafts in my hybrids and couldn't be happier. I love the project X shafts. I had a tour proto in a Cobra Pro S a few years ago, I wish they would release an afermarket version closer to those proto's. It was a really a beast of a club. Nike has made some solid hyrbids even going back to the Slingshots.
they do offer the proto graphite project x shafts. you have to find a clubmaker/fitter that is a true temper tour concept dealer and theyll be able to purchase them for you. but the dealer will have to do the install as well. tour concept pricing includes installation.

k0betw0 wrote:

^^^ I am looking for an adams hybrid as we speak. I didnt get that Titleist, I hit a nickent last year at a demo day, and was blasting. but im an Adams fan, so I might to with an Adams.
Don't know how you went to a Nickent demo day last year considering they went out of business in 2009.....

Adams makes a solid hybrid. I haven't hit their superhybrid because it looks too much like a fairway wood but their a7 and pro black are excellent retail offerings. Supposedly the Cleveland Mashie is supposed to be bomb too. Don't even get me started on the VR Pro hybrid.... CRAZY GOOD

True, it was actually two years ago not last year.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

they do offer the proto graphite project x shafts. you have to find a clubmaker/fitter that is a true temper tour concept dealer and theyll be able to purchase them for you. but the dealer will have to do the install as well. tour concept pricing includes installation.
Good to know. So I'm assuming they will be available in a softer flex then? I was playing an x stiff which wasn't bad for me, but it was exhausting by the time I got to 16. Felt like I was in a wood chopping contest at the end of a round.

Good to know. So I'm assuming they will be available in a softer flex then? I was playing an x stiff which wasn't bad for me, but it was exhausting by the time I got to 16. Felt like I was in a wood chopping contest at the end of a round.
Nope. the NUMBERalphaNUMBER project x graphite shafts that you can purchase are the EXACT same as the proto project x shafts. They are NOT offered in softer flex. If you need the flexes for the proto / tour-concept PX flexes go here: http://www.royalprecision...projectx_graphite_ti.asp

oh and as for training tools. swingyde is the BOMB. its kind of pricey but this thing seriously fixes a lot of issues imo.

hey pootaing

heres the glove i was talking about...so ur nails can still be pretty when you play

lady-classic-nail-and-ring-glove-cabretta-leather-pink-womens-12185745

my issue with nike is they never seem to have any of the new stuff aval in LH to demo.. the demo days they never do, nor at the local gg.. and our other local custom golf store does not carry nike. I cant drop 250 plus on a club unless I know it suits my game..

JWill where are you located?

My Nike rep always has LH driver heads. True the irons aren't available, but I've seen LH driver heads and hyrbids/fwys in their cart kits.

JWill where are you located?

My Nike rep always has LH driver heads. True the irons aren't available, but I've seen LH driver heads and hyrbids/fwys in their cart kits.

Tulsa.  The golf shop I normally go to (Baker's) used to carry Nike but they stopped.  Not sure why.  I was going to go there to get fitted for a Driver when i was in the market for one, and the VR Pro was one of the ones I wanted to try.  Then I found out they didnt carry Nike anymore so I just went to GG.  Thats where I hit that Adams.

For me its two fold why I want one. First, to get accurate distances obviously, and also to gauge how far I hit each iron
With that said, it also speeds up pace of play.

Sorry, but I don't buy the pace of play argument. If you had a GPS then yes, I do buy it because it's simply looking down and looking up (and SkyCaddie has a 3 yard margin). But a range finder requires an action (finding the flag, hitting the button, waiting, and then reading the yardage). The LPGA player I saw using it took her sweet time finding the flag ON THE RANGE WHERE ITS FLAT, and I'm sure she's used her range finder PLENTY of times.

Actually it does speed up the pace of play for me.  If  I am walking the course where I normally play, they have sprinkler heads randomly on the course.  No other reference points of yardage.  So I bought a yardage map.  When a friend of mine let me use his Range finder, I walk to the ball, opened the range finder, got the exact distance, then hit the shot.  Which beats either being close to a sprinkler head and walking off the distance, or having to pull out the yardage map, find the closest object and calculate the distance. . Plus lets be real here, I am not hitting every fairway, and thats usually the only places the yardage markers are.  So if im out in no-mans land,  I can find a distance for a lay up or the green/pin.  w/o having to walk off any distances...So for me it definantly speeds up play.

For me its two fold why I want one. First, to get accurate distances obviously, and also to gauge how far I hit each iron
With that said, it also speeds up pace of play.

Sorry, but I don't buy the pace of play argument. If you had a GPS then yes, I do buy it because it's simply looking down and looking up (and SkyCaddie has a 3 yard margin). But a range finder requires an action (finding the flag, hitting the button, waiting, and then reading the yardage). The LPGA player I saw using it took her sweet time finding the flag ON THE RANGE WHERE ITS FLAT, and I'm sure she's used her range finder PLENTY of times.

Actually it does speed up the pace of play for me.  If  I am walking the course where I normally play, they have sprinkler heads randomly on the course.  No other reference points of yardage.  So I bought a yardage map.  When a friend of mine let me use his Range finder, I walk to the ball, opened the range finder, got the exact distance, then hit the shot.  Which beats either being close to a sprinkler head and walking off the distance, or having to pull out the yardage map, find the closest object and calculate the distance. . Plus lets be real here, I am not hitting every fairway, and thats usually the only places the yardage markers are.  So if im out in no-mans land,  I can find a distance for a lay up or the green/pin.  w/o having to walk off any distances...So for me it definantly speeds up play.

so then y not buy a gps unit? if you're that far off target, how are u going to shoot at a pin location? a gps doesn't even bother with finding the pin, it gives you front, middle, back green yardages and numerous layup yardages. i'm just saying a lot of your argument is flawed.

- you say you walk to a ball. so while you walk, you cant find a yardage marker behind your ball and subtract the number of paces from the marker to your ball? you're already walking, and its not hard to find out that 1 pace is pretty equivalent to 1 yard. so u might as well just count in your head while you walk to your ball.
- if you're that far off line on your target. should you really be trying to shoot for a pin? even if you could be shooting for a pin, if you're that far off target, how is the range finder gonna shoot through all your obstructions to get you a proper yardage?
- staying with the far off line theme, if you're going to layup, again, how are you going to shoot the laser through the obstructions? a gps seems much more beneficial since it can give you distances to blind hazards and it gives you layup yardages.

if you want a laser rangefinder, knock yourself out. i know plenty of people who have one but have actually rarely seen them use it. it seems like you NEED a device that measures distance and what you describe seems to suit more of a gps unit rather than a rangefinder. however it seems you WANT a laser rangefinder. me personally, i have a gps unit and its undoubtedly faster than a rangefinder. however, i can honestly say that after using a gps unit for the last several years, it hasn't exactly reduced my pace of play. i'm not always the only person on the course so i've had to wait for groups in front of me plenty of times. however, i have played plenty of rounds on the exact same course with nobody around using my gps and not using my gps. coincidentally enough, my fastest rounds have been WITHOUT the gps.

but hey, if you want swipe that visa/mastercard/amex to buy one, knock yourself out and have fun with it. just don't expect it to be the golden ticket to magically reduce your rounds.

edit: i'm done on this topic. i don't want it to become a gps/laser debate. if you REALLY want a laser range finder, i suggest you look into the bushnell tour v2. it seemed to be the best overall for the price when i tested them out.

Just a heads up guys, I'm not a laser guy but I have heard that the Bushnell scope that is used for hunting is just as effective and cheaper. I've read several posts in another forum on the topic. Apparently the hunting version is identical just a little different in terms of operation.

I'm still a proponent that GPS is faster. I've used my golf logix vs. my friends laser and it's dead on 99.99% of the time. The only thing is that I always forget to look at the flag color to determine where the flag actually is. I'm from the Haney school of "just hit it towards the middle of the green."

^^^ I agree, I dont really want to get into the debate of weather a Range finder or GSP unit is better, that is just opening up another can of worms. For me personally, Ive used a Rangefinder before, never a gsp unit, so thats another reason I dont want to get in that debate, because I dont have the first hand knowledge of which is best. Althought my friend has a gps who is signed up in the golf league with me, so I am sure I will get to test it out. And not wanting to get into a debate on the pace of play being slower or faster with a rangefinder, but I play lots of rounds during the week, when not to many ppl are on the course, and for ME.. again for ME, and the couse I play, from the times I used the rangefinder I find it would be easier /faster getting distances with a range finder, rather than searching for a sprinkler head/yardage marker each shot. I will end it at that..

in other news...

I got a Cobra Baffler for like $17 bucks. tpo hard of a deal to pass up.. If it works out, great, if not, no big deal..

Nice deal.

Yeah my friend who has the rangefinder never slows up play. He's a very good player so maybe he's the exception to the rule. The GPS for me is super easy because I just put it on my smartphone. It updates itself and I don't have to worry about an expensive unit going bad on me. I remember hearing that people would spend a ton of money on GPS units (like the uPro) buy all these courses only to lose them because the unit crapped out after a year.

If you have a droid, blackberry or iPhone i highly recommend GolfLogix. It's enough for me to formulate a guess.

Plus I hate looking for markers since a lot of courses here have sprinkler heads all over with no markers on them. Would make me mad to walk over to a head and find nothing on it.

Ill have to go through the Android market again to see what I used on my old phone last year, but it was a very good GPS app with a lot of courses in the library... Ill look for it later and post.

^^^ that is so annoying. Walking up and finally finding a sprinkler head for it only to be blank and no yardages.. I heard some good things abt the baffler. So I picked it up. And I just got a 4g my touch . I might download a gps app. I just am not sure how accurate it would be.

guys... help!!!!!

Played 3 days (sun-tues) and my swing has really gone in the crapper. (98-92-107)
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ordered the Combos, and the dude told me it was gonna get worse before it gets better but.... NOT LIKE THIS!

I've never shanked this bad or this much...every club

I KNOW i'm swinging out-to-in... 3 BUCKETS did some drills..... and still!

I dont want to resort to closing the face 20degrees every swing cause thats not gonna get me to change

1. out-to-in swing
2. hips are rotating therefore i feel off balance
3. my front foot is rotating towards the target on my heel

HELP!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom