Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by horatio3435

I don't know why you guys have to argue over rangefinder or gps. It's a preference I think, plus who cares what skill level they are. Don't tell me you haven't seen a guy with all this expensive gear shank it everytime. Just love the game of golf and move on

I don't recall any one arguing in here. K0betw0, disageed with one of my comments, no harm no foul. And it does come down to preference. Same thing with golf clubs. Its. All preferences .And these Master's commercials are getting me amped up!!! A tradition unlike any otherKobe- what driver you gaming now?

currently back with the vr tour 8.5 but i've changed my swing a TON in the past week and i'm realizing i need more loft. i've messed with the r11, it's nice but if i go that route again i need to get the weight kit and make the head lighter. i'm strongly considering the g15 again because i didn't really give it a fair shake last time. i'd consider the superfast 2.0 tp but my clubmaker has a superfast 2.0 tp thats a tour prototype and i consistently get faster ballspeeds with that over the retail model so i'm kind of hesitant to buy a retail head. which then brings me to finding the hottest supertri tp tour head with the highest ct score. this is the problem i run into when i get to practice on a trackman,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^ Thats what I want, the hook up like you got.. lol.. There are a bunch of drivers I want to go test out, but I dont feel like going to GG every few days, plus I know those simulators are not all the accurate. I'd have too much fun with a trackman.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. 1st tourny of the year. Playing with a new driver ive only hit appr 20 times. Althought I like it, still not 100% sure what my misses are going to be, and how must distance Ive gained. on some holes might stick with a 3wood off the tee.. the Good news is, little to no wind tomorrow, which is unusual for this time of year for Oklahoma, but we might get some rain. I would be stoked if I can shoot in the 70s tomorrow as it being my 3rd time out in 3 months.

i played today. played average but surprisingly good considering that i've completely changed my swing starting a week ago and this was my first round with it. the front nine was atrocious, but shot 4 over on the back so things are looking promising especially considering i didnt hit more than 3 solid shots today....

"Partyin partyin, partyin partyin. Fun, fun, fun, fun. Everybody looking forward to the weekend."

Mind blowing lyrics right there.

^

AP2's are so easy to hit I wouldn't blame you. I'd base my decision on the tee box. What are you more accurate with off the tee going into a long par 3?

I love my irons off the tee, I'm not the longest hitter but i can carry my 4i about 195 off the deck..

I've always carried a hybrid but I'm getting extremely comfortable with the new 3 iron though

what do you guys eat before playing

"7am, waking up in the morning....Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs....gotta have my bowl.... gotta have cereal"

pimp.gif
roll.gif

Well after a long round that included abt a 35 min delay to lighting, the first round of the year is in the books.. Shot an 85.. Was 1 over after 7 then took a dang 8 after hitting a 5 iron on the tee on a par 4. Got 5th in my division, and won some cash on a closest to the pin contest.

Courses are starting to open here in Michigan which means snow should come back with a fury. I hate Mother Nature. Might get out once before we head to Florida for Spring Break. After that, the league starts up and it wont stop til October.

Played a quick 9 today on my local course.  Shot a 42 with a triple on the second hole, but overall I was pleased. 

My short game is easily the weakest part of my game, but I somehow developed a bump and run with my pw over the offseason somehow so that saved me on a couple holes.
laugh.gif

I decided to choke down a little on my driver and stand just a tad closer, and my contact was much more consistent, so it looks like that is the fix I needed.  But I will still be looking into a smaller club head when I get the chance. 

Anyone on here from Phx? and play out in that area. I might be making a move out there, and it would be interesting to get some input on the course selection out in that area and the priceing. I think phx has per capita the most golf courses than any other area in the US.. either that or Mich does.. That what I recall.. but any info would be appreciated.

Decided to do a road trip with the buddies and headed to memphis thursday friday.

anyone played timberlakes course? i saw the rates and not interested in paying that much if it isn't in good shape.

any other courses that can be recommended?

Son it snowed another 3 inches here after being 45* for like 3-4 days and cleared out all the old snow.
indifferent.gif

This %*!! needs to stop.

Just got the previous model Taylor Made Burner as a hand me down from my dad. Played in a scramble last weekend and hit about 8 drives over 300 yards. I was using a Sasquatch from probably 2007 and I think I've definitely gained 20 to 30 yards on solid tee shots. Crazy, but I love it. Doesn't make me feel like a $++$# when playing with longer hitters anymore. I also was using the Bridgestone B7 to help me out with distance. My next dozen will be B6s.
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I need to get some new irons though. I've got some Nike Pro Combo's that I've had for like 8 to 10 years. I just gotta figure out which ones I want and get fitted as well. Do any of y'all have the Burner irons? I want to look at Mizuno's, Nikes, Taylor Mades, and maybe Titleist. I can get the discount on Callaway, but I just can't hit any clubs they make.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Just got the previous model Taylor Made Burner as a hand me down from my dad. Played in a scramble last weekend and hit about 8 drives over 300 yards. I was using a Sasquatch from probably 2007 and I think I've definitely gained 20 to 30 yards on solid tee shots. Crazy, but I love it. Doesn't make me feel like a $++$# when playing with longer hitters anymore. I also was using the Bridgestone B7 to help me out with distance. My next dozen will be B6s.
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I need to get some new irons though. I've got some Nike Pro Combo's that I've had for like 8 to 10 years. I just gotta figure out which ones I want and get fitted as well. Do any of y'all have the Burner irons? I want to look at Mizuno's, Nikes, Taylor Mades, and maybe Titleist. I can get the discount on Callaway, but I just can't hit any clubs they make.
what irons do you want to know about? i can tell u whatever u need to know. trust.....

Kobetwo What do you know about the Burner 2.0s, Mizunos for game improvement, Cleveland CG 7 black pearl, and the Titleist AP 1s (sorry for the long list)?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I want more distance, but do not want to be hitting shots into greens that won't hold. I hit my PW around 115 and my 7 iron 145. I don't hit the ball too high, but would like to hit it a bit higher and I also don't get a lot of spin on my short irons. Could you suggest some newgame improvement irons for me?

Finally after almost 2 weeks this clown shipped my putter to me.

Were expecting 2-5 inches of snow here tonight/tomorrow
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

clean fraij
pimp.gif
welcome to the family
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

just got done playing a quick 9 holes at my buddies course...he could get me on for free so i decided why not

course was average though...like seriously around the green was straight up dirt
laugh.gif
i was skulling and chunking chips left and right

had a couple nice drives tho

im really thinking about pulling the trigger on the titleist 910 D3...someone tell me why i shouldnt...

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Played a quick 9 today on my local course.  Shot a 42 with a triple on the second hole, but overall I was pleased. 

My short game is easily the weakest part of my game, but I somehow developed a bump and run with my pw over the offseason somehow so that saved me on a couple holes.
laugh.gif

I decided to choke down a little on my driver and stand just a tad closer, and my contact was much more consistent, so it looks like that is the fix I needed.  But I will still be looking into a smaller club head when I get the chance. 

forget the smaller clubhead, you'll need all the club head you can get.  i've recommended this before, chop your driver down to 44', and if you can feel a difference in swing weight, then just add lead tape to get the weight back up.  tour avg is 44.5", there's no reason any amateur should be playing a stick longer than that.

theoretically, you'll lose distance, but most amateurs don't hit the sweet spot that often with a 46" stick, that when they choke down or chop their driver to 44", they hit the sweet spot more often and end up hitting it further more consistently. 

Back
Top Bottom