Any Golfers on NT?

Great Masters week, good to see Adam finally break through as a major champion. I had TW for the win, but that string of bad luck on Friday pretty much ended his chances. Not to the mention four pars on the par-5 2nd for the week. I still think he can take at least one of the remaining three this season.

Anyone here have PX shafts in their irons? Shafts are too low spin for me since I went to a smoother swing (used to have that hit mentality, and been reading the Encylopedia Texarkana). I was thinking about going back to DG s300's or trying out the DG XP s300's. Never got to try out any of the KBS line.

Love this thread :nthat:

I need to clean my irons. What's the best tools to use?

I love this game.

I cleaned mine last night,

Brush, soapy water, and you're good to go.

To get in between the grooves I use a groove tool, but I used to use letter openers/knives/or toothpicks.

Love this thread :nthat:

I need to clean my irons. What's the best tools to use?

I love this game.

I cleaned mine last night,

Brush, soapy water, and you're good to go.

To get in between the grooves I use a groove tool, but I used to use letter openers/knives/or toothpicks.

For on the course, I've got this bad boy clipped onto my bag.

Great Masters week, good to see Adam finally break through as a major champion. I had TW for the win, but that string of bad luck on Friday pretty much ended his chances. Not to the mention four pars on the par-5 2nd for the week. I still think he can take at least one of the remaining three this season.

Anyone here have PX shafts in their irons? Shafts are too low spin for me since I went to a smoother swing (used to have that hit mentality, and been reading the Encylopedia Texarkana). I was thinking about going back to DG s300's or trying out the DG XP s300's. Never got to try out any of the KBS line.

I currently play PX Flighted 6.0's. I haven't had any problems with spin and I would say I have a smooth swing tempo. The flighted though helps get the ball up easier with the long irons since I tend to be a low ball hitter, they also play probably closer to a regular PX 5.5 flex. Think if I get new irons this year I would get flighted 6.5's

Are ya'll saying  you're just popping up your 56 and 60* wedges straight up in the air?

Basically. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I hit them around the green great but in the fairways with approach shots I just always seem to either hit it high and short or just skull the hell out of it.

I use my 56 the most around the green and would love to be able to utilize it further out to help get more GIRs

Besides closing the club head a bit you can only get it so far since it is a 56 degree and the harder you swing the higher it goes. I've got that soft PW down for those shots

[COLOR=#red]I'm a big strong guy that sucks at golf so bad that I don't even try anymore. When I go to the driving ranges guys look at me thinking I'm about to whack a 300 yarder and I struggle to get more than 175 yards consistently. I have decent gear...Nike SLingshot Irons with a Hybrid Club, TaylorMade Burner 3 Wood, and a TaylorMade RocketBallz Adjustable Driver. I could have went higher grade but didn't want to waste money just in case I sucked.

Well I do suck and the near $1k I paid for my stuff seems to be a waste. Golf seems fun when you at least are decent, but it's the world's most frustrating sport when you completely suck.

Is there any hope for me? Probably not.

Edit: The advice I always get is "hire a golf pro"...well my lady got me a groupon for private lessons which I used, and you could tell the guy was frustrated trying to teach me :rofl: . I think biomenchanically I'm just not made for golf...sorta like a guy that's 5'2 knock kneed and short arms is not biomechanically optimized for hoops.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I'm a big strong guy that sucks at golf so bad that I don't even try anymore. When I go to the driving ranges guys look at me thinking I'm about to whack a 300 yarder and I struggle to get more than 175 yards consistently. I have decent gear...Nike SLingshot Irons with a Hybrid Club, TaylorMade Burner 3 Wood, and a TaylorMade RocketBallz Adjustable Driver. I could have went higher grade but didn't want to waste money just in case I sucked.

Well I do suck and the near $1k I paid for my stuff seems to be a waste. Golf seems fun when you at least are decent, but it's the world's most frustrating sport when you completely suck.

Is there any hope for me? Probably not.

Edit: The advice I always get is "hire a golf pro"...well my lady got me a groupon for private lessons which I used, and you could tell the guy was frustrated trying to teach me :rofl: . I think biomenchanically I'm just not made for golf...sorta like a guy that's 5'2 knock kneed and short arms is not biomechanically optimized for hoops.[/COLOR]

I think the key will be finding a good pro to give you lessons... Maybe groupon wasn't the way to go... If you have any sort of athleticism, I would think you could find a swing to work

Besides closing the club head a bit you can only get it so far since it is a 56 degree and the harder you swing the higher it goes. I've got that soft PW down for those shots

How far should it go? I should be able to hit it at least 60 yards right?

Maybe I'm swinging too fast :nerd:

I think the key will be finding a good pro to give you lessons... Maybe groupon wasn't the way to go... If you have any sort of athleticism, I would think you could find a swing to work

[COLOR=#red]Yeah, the Groupon was actually for a PGA certified golf pro. I guess it's just going to take time and considerable effort.[/COLOR]

Do you have any forward shaft lean or is it straight up at impact? De-lofting the club should help you get more distance.

I usually hit my 60 about 75yds and the 56 105yds.

The new Nike wedges look pretty nice too

Last edited:
If you're 6'6, it is going to be a struggle. Longer a swing, the more stuff can go wrong obviously.

How far should it go? I should be able to hit it at least 60 yards right?

Everyone's different, but yes. I'd say at least 75 once you get comfortable with it.

If you're 6'6, it is going to be a struggle. Longer a swing, the more stuff can go wrong obviously.
Everyone's different, but yes. I'd say at least 75 once you get comfortable with it.

[COLOR=#red]Yeah exactly AI3, I can't even get a good consistent backswing while keeping my right elbow straight (I'm left handed). One guy told me that a person's perfect golf swing may be different from another person's due to the differences in their body. Even as you age your golf optimum golf swing will change.

Thing is if I go to a golf pro that teaches a swing that works for %97 of the people he instructs then it does me no good if that type of swing isn't optimized for me.

If I can't get it right after awhile I'll just sell my stuff.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
You don't always need some great PGA pro, some times the old timers are better when it comes to teaching. Of you ever have time, head to Pickering Vally golf course, and ask for Bobby. (It's in Pennsylvania.)

You're welcome.

EWD did you get fit for your clubs?

Being that tall may need shafts that are longer than stardard and upright irons, just a thought

EWD did you get fit for your clubs?

Being that tall may need shafts that are longer than stardard and upright irons, just a thought

[COLOR=#red]Yeah, i did the whole $50 fit thing at Golf Galaxy when I bought my irons, they added an inch and a half to my clubs, but come to think of it that may not be enough. Can more length be added to the same irons? Don't they just rip off the grips and add a plug to it?[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom