Any Golfers on NT?

I got i5s right now. Might get them regripped soon. How much that cost usually for a whole set?

depends on what grip you buy.... in terms of labor. some places will charge you anywhere from 1-3$... but truthfully, i feel like anyone who marginally is interested in golf should buy a cheap vise (for steel shafts only), a shaft clamp, grip tape and solvent and do their own grips.... but if not. 1-3$ per grip

I am the worst putter on earth. I have a whole bunch of different putters from me trying to find a good one for me. 3d putters, flat putters, classic putters.

I've realized I just can't put.

cheap putting aid... go to fedex / ups / usps. ask them for a triangle shape box. putt with the heel of your putter going along the surface of the box. if need be, weigh down the box so it doesnt slide all over the place.

depends on what grip you buy.... in terms of labor. some places will charge you anywhere from 1-3$... but truthfully, i feel like anyone who marginally is interested in golf should buy a cheap vise (for steel shafts only), a shaft clamp, grip tape and solvent and do their own grips.... but if not. 1-3$ per grip

Man I've seen my dad do it and it seems like such a pain in the butt to do. :smh:

Man I've seen my dad do it and it seems like such a pain in the butt to do. :smh:

it's definitely not easy / fun to do the first several times.... but the more you do the more you get used to it... i can do an entire cut / strip / tape / grip 13 clubs in about 30 minutes now... but again, it takes time.

First time back from school and on the course. Felt great. I still suck, but my drives are getting a lot straighter. I can hit it a solid 275 + most drives, just have a terrible slice sometimes.

Getting some lessons on friday and next week.

I swear I'm too stubborn to take lessons. Mostly from the price, but I feel like I have too much pride to not teach the game to myself.

[COLOR=#red]No freaking joke guys...I can't hit at all with my irons, but I actually putt pretty darn good surprisingly. One thing that is awkward is that I use lefty clubs but I putt righty using a right handed putter.[/COLOR]

I swear I'm too stubborn to take lessons. Mostly from the price, but I feel like I have too much pride to not teach the game to myself.
Yeah I feel like a herb doing it, but multiple older people I know told me I should really get some now before I develop my habits. Just get the right grip, footwork, framework....

I would never pay full price either, but my club has a deal where you get your first 3 lessons at a discounted price, something like $20 for all 3 so I'm heading out tmrw.

[COLOR=#red]Lol yeah a little strange. What I do to practice putting is the simplest technique. I take a small styrofoam cup and put it on the carpet and simply practice hitting into it from different distances. The cup is so light that if you don't get it straight in the cup will spin. Sure this technique doesn't involve slopes but it's still good and simple practice. [/COLOR]

Yeah I feel like a herb doing it, but multiple older people I know told me I should really get some now before I develop my habits. Just get the right grip, footwork, framework....

I would never pay full price either, but my club has a deal where you get your first 3 lessons at a discounted price, something like $20 for all 3 so I'm heading out tmrw.

That is damn good. Dude was telling me $55 an hr I was like I'm good. :\

I like watching shows on TV about improving but that's not even really helping in the scheme of things.

anybody watch any of that Haney Project with Michael Phelps?

I caught an episode yesterday, his swing is pretty smooth, looks like he ended up with his best ever round 85. Pretty good, but not really once you realize that he's a world class athlete, has amazing equipment, a legendary teacher, plays the finest courses and probably plays every damn day.

Yeah he spent 6 months with Haney so I'm sure that would make any beginner shoot sub 90 almost every time. The show was pretty cool. I enjoyed Phelps more than past projects.

[COLOR=#red]My beginner set. I had up to $1500 to spend but after getting advice that I should go lower to midrange until my game got better I bought what you see here. When my game justifies I'll simply do a complete upgrade.[/COLOR]

I love that burner. :pimp:

What kind of putter is that?

[COLOR=#red]It's the Cleveland BRZ Classic. I tried more than a few putters in the store on the faux greens and this one seemed to do it for me. I use the white line to setup my shot. It's funny...I asked the "golf pro" at the store for recommendations on putters and he was like putters are too personal for recommendations, so just try as many as I can and choose from there.[/COLOR]

Wow what a dumb answer :stoneface:

I agree putters are about personal feel but stroke style still matters, he's bold for that.

That thing is a beauty though :wow:

[COLOR=#red]EBW that's what a newb like myself experiences all the time...I get so many streams of advice that I don't know what is true and what isn't. Thanks man. [/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom