Any Golfers on NT?

Might try those gamers... Great price for a ball that gets talked about so much.

I usually play either Nike Vapor One Speed's or Srixon Trispeed Yellow's

Got a scramble today with work
smokin.gif
Gettin out this ***** in 2.5 hours.

Goes on sale at ***** a lot for 2 for $30 or $35... Great ball IMO.

Same with:

Yeah Trispeed Tour has bee my game ball of choice. I am out now and no place around me has them in stock so I might go the used ball route. Also the Callaway Diablo Tour is really good performing ball and can be had at about $25/dozen. I would so it is the same level as the Trispeed Tour. Tried the Gamer and just didn't like it, felt clicky off the putter compared to the Srixon and Callaway.

Do people still lurk this thread? The last time I shot sub 90s was in June. I developed the shanks in late June/early July, and could not fight them. I didn't lift a club in August. I came out to play earlier this month and shot something like a 110 with a ton of mulligans. Came out the next day and shot even worse. Was contemplating just canceling my membership and saying, "**** golf." Went to the range to try to work on my swing this past Friday, and ended up giving myself a blister on my left index finger (I think I grip too hard). I tried so hard to remember all of the things that I am "supposed" to do with each swing, but I find it impossible to have absolutely everything happen that I want to. I lift my head every other swing, I don't swing from in to out, I shank it, I slice it, I top it, and then I hit 5 pure shots. Rinse and repeat. Am I the only person that has every gone through a phase like this? I went out to play today, and completely revamped my bag. I pulled out my graphite shafted driver/woods, tossed in an old set of Mizunos and pulled my forged Titleists. Put in steel in the hopes that it would slow my swing down and give me a little more control. I ended up shooting a 51/51 for a 102, which is the best I have shot in a LONG time, but I know I still have a ways to go before I consider myself "back."

Is golf really that mental? I used to get pissed at myself for shooting in the 90s, and now it's a struggle to break 100.

FOUND IT! been over a month.

Nike announcing some big news tomorrow

Rory with a 10-yr contract and an all-red driver head :pimp:

It's a wrap for my season... I'll likely hit the indoor golf place 30 seconds from my house once in a while this winter.

Yeah rain has kicked in here in the PNW, haven't had much time to play lately anyways. Try to make it out to the driving range this winter more than last though.

Any club/bag setup recommendations for someone who wants to take up the sport? I've played a couple times but I really want to get my own bag setup and start playing consistently. Something of good quality and fairly forgiving would be nice ha.

sucks for you guys... i just played for the first time in 2 months last weekend in palm springs. it was 88* and i shot 80 at indian wells... 8)

I'm playing Sunday and taking a half day on Wednesday to build up for a Charity Golf Tourney my school is having...

getting the stroke back>>

Going to have my buddy, who is a Ping rep, fit me in the spring for some new irons... Playing i5's but they are hand-me-downs and don't feel the setup fits my swing... Probably going to fall into the SGI category but if it makes the game more enjoyable and I can hit a few more greens, I will take it... I am not trying to impress people by my shot shaping, just want it to go straight and not lose too many strokes.

Shot the round of my life on Christmas Eve. 81. Really happy with how my game has progressed, but I am lightweight scared to get back on the course. Law of Averages make my next round being a disaster all but a certainty. :lol:

Rory with Nike now?
nthat.gif
Yup, Kyle Stanley and Nick Watney also were announced. Still two more to be announced from that pic of the silhouettes 
Too bad some of this new Nike gear is hideously ugly.  Not a fan of the metals.

Just picked these up last week... MIght hit up the simulator today.

775670_10100149509319205_405055870_o.jpg

Let me aware you about this online proshop... http://www.maplehillgc.com/shop/  Copped the above AdiPURE Z's and the Adams XTD w/ Fubuki  for combined 191 shipped.

Played Saturday. A tad chilli. Making some changes to my bag. Getting an almost new 910 d2 for 205 . And I want to hit Nike's Covert driver and their new wedges look legit. But as a lefty ill have to try these.

CANNOT wait for february 9th... pick up the new weapon of mass destruction on the 8th. reshaft that baby up on the 9th... and GAME TIME!!!!

k0betwo with a new driver? Hell nah...

laugh.gif
What you using this time?

I hit up the simulators yesterday... Got 246 average out of my new HYBRID
eek.gif
pimp.gif
cranked some insane ball speed for a rescue club.

Still got the 1st gen RBZ with AD DI6 for the big stick... 270 average on that and pushed 2 over 300.

I need spring to come ASAP.

k0betwo with a new driver? Hell nah...

:lol: What you using this time?

I hit up the simulators yesterday... Got 246 average out of my new HYBRID :wow: :pimp: cranked some insane ball speed for a rescue club.

Still got the 1st gen RBZ with AD DI6 for the big stick... 270 average on that and pushed 2 over 300.

I need spring to come ASAP.

i'm currently using the rbz (non-tour) 10.5 with a ust mamiya tour spx vts red... it's pretty amazing. performance wise, i really can't do any better on it. i just dont like the sound / feel of the driver. plus im starting to consolidate to a single brand...

Been playing a lot this winter, still not that great. Started out the winter fading everything to the right. Took a step in and now I'm pulling everything. :lol:

Can't seem to get a straight drive.

Think I'm thinking too much.

Also, hate the silence when I'm driving and it's a foursome and all eyes are on me. Grew up playing baseball and football so I'm accustomed to the noise, silence drives me nuts. There was a point where I would just hit the ball to get driving out the way, and basically start wherever that landed. Thinking of taking my shuffle on the course, but feels like that would be in bad taste.

eealto- Had a case of the shanks for a little bit, my 7-Iron paid for it. Been looking for one since :lol:.

Finally dipping under 100 regularly, one small step for man...

Last 3 weekends of golf here in the Bay Area:

92 at Willow Park Castro Valley

96 at Shadow Lakes Brentwood

95 at Lake Chabot Oakland

At least I'm consistent :lol:

Covert Tour with Project X PXV is in.

Combo is staying in the bag all year for sure. Hit the Phenom and Phenom NL with both heads, but for lightweight...PXV is sick!

Back
Top Bottom