Any Lexus ES 350 owners? or Lexus heads in general?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hope I can offer some insight.
I would take the car to a Lexus dealership during business hours. They treat you like a king and you don't have to worry about anything because they will cover their mistakes. If the car was a Corolla, sure I would take it to random friend that is a mechanic.
laugh.gif
I used to take the car into the dealer for service all the time, but damn it gets expensive.  When I had that hookup who worked for booze, I felt OK about it cause he was actually a Lexus dealer mechanic and would work on the car at the dealership as if it was another customer that just came in.  The 2nd mechanic I took it to (friends future father in law) is an ASE certified Master Technician so I assumed dude knew what he was doing. 
I feel you. Although technically what your Lexus dealer mechanic friend was doing was kinda illegal to do work at the Lexus dealership on his spare time.
laugh.gif
But someone done goofed up along the way.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

What are the prices looking like for the LS or GS?

This is my thing.

I`m 6'3 so I want something spacious, smooth and quite, I dont care about racing.

I also want something RELIABLE, being that I`m out of school, I pretty much want something that will hold me down as I make career moves, whether that mean I have to drive it across country due to relocation I want something that will hold up strong.

I`m not trying to have a super high car note either. I figured if I put 5-10k down on a 20-22k car I would be straight.

I want more of a "grown man" car if that makes sense, nothing flashy, just sleek and laid back.

I was looking at Camrys because I can get one fully loaded for like 16-17k, but I know the ride wont be as smooth as a Lexus. My roomate has an 05 or 06 ES300 and that joint feels like your in a vault. I liked the cut of the 07 joints better though thats why I was looking toward that generation.
Substantially more.

GS and LS are larger than the ES, but if the you are koo with the ES, just roll with it.

I would make career moves in a Camry and then cop something legit like the LS in the future.

Do you tho.  

What are the prices looking like for the LS or GS?

This is my thing.

I`m 6'3 so I want something spacious, smooth and quite, I dont care about racing.

I also want something RELIABLE, being that I`m out of school, I pretty much want something that will hold me down as I make career moves, whether that mean I have to drive it across country due to relocation I want something that will hold up strong.

I`m not trying to have a super high car note either. I figured if I put 5-10k down on a 20-22k car I would be straight.

I want more of a "grown man" car if that makes sense, nothing flashy, just sleek and laid back.

I was looking at Camrys because I can get one fully loaded for like 16-17k, but I know the ride wont be as smooth as a Lexus. My roomate has an 05 or 06 ES300 and that joint feels like your in a vault. I liked the cut of the 07 joints better though thats why I was looking toward that generation.
Substantially more.

GS and LS are larger than the ES, but if the you are koo with the ES, just roll with it.

I would make career moves in a Camry and then cop something legit like the LS in the future.

Do you tho.  

The ES is a very comfortable car to drive. Gas is also pretty good compared to the other luxury cars in the same price range. It is built on the Camry platform, but it is more refined both in the ride and interior quality. You can feel a big difference between a Lexus ES350 and a fully loaded Camry XLE.

I made a mistake of trading in my Lexus IS for a loaded Highlander...I will to go back to the Lexus family in the future.

The ES is a very comfortable car to drive. Gas is also pretty good compared to the other luxury cars in the same price range. It is built on the Camry platform, but it is more refined both in the ride and interior quality. You can feel a big difference between a Lexus ES350 and a fully loaded Camry XLE.

I made a mistake of trading in my Lexus IS for a loaded Highlander...I will to go back to the Lexus family in the future.

Do you guys thing I could find a GS 350 under 25k? I looked em up and they are pretty nice, I wouldnt want the v8 model.

Do you guys thing I could find a GS 350 under 25k? I looked em up and they are pretty nice, I wouldnt want the v8 model.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

go to cars.com u can find it. just look. im guessing u want a 06+ model.. correct?

07 is when they changed all the Lexus bodies right? Thats what I`m looking at.

When it comes to miles on a used one, what would you guys deem acceptable?
 Mile to Year ratio

go to cars.com u can find it. just look. im guessing u want a 06+ model.. correct?

Mile to Year ratio

Mile to Year ratio

I mean if you're planning driving the car for 2-3 years then selling then cop something in the around 50K-100K

Mile to Year ratio

I mean if you're planning driving the car for 2-3 years then selling then cop something in the around 50K-100K

No. The 3rd Generation 2006-2012

GS350 was released in 2007
GS300 was only 2006.

But they are the same model. GS350 is quicker. But GS300 is the only one in your range.

No. The 3rd Generation 2006-2012

GS350 was released in 2007
GS300 was only 2006.

But they are the same model. GS350 is quicker. But GS300 is the only one in your range.

lol and so it begins..  from es, to gs, probably gonna take a look at the is, then cross-shop with a bmw 3, to go to a "what if i went with just the toyota" camry, then full circle back to the es.  if the es is what you want, then it's what you want.  i'd personally never drive a toyota but it's all preference.  if you want a reliable car with some luxury touches and don't really care about things like RWD (which you didn't seem to care for at the start of this thread), the es should be a fine choice, can't knock on that

lol and so it begins..  from es, to gs, probably gonna take a look at the is, then cross-shop with a bmw 3, to go to a "what if i went with just the toyota" camry, then full circle back to the es.  if the es is what you want, then it's what you want.  i'd personally never drive a toyota but it's all preference.  if you want a reliable car with some luxury touches and don't really care about things like RWD (which you didn't seem to care for at the start of this thread), the es should be a fine choice, can't knock on that

for sure..it would just be higher mileage, but with these cars they can run to 200k easy as long as you keep up with maintenance

for sure..it would just be higher mileage, but with these cars they can run to 200k easy as long as you keep up with maintenance

I wouldn't go anything over 20k miles. But that's just me. I find 50k the max when it comes to buying a used car. But its a Lexus, its reliable.

I wouldn't go anything over 20k miles. But that's just me. I find 50k the max when it comes to buying a used car. But its a Lexus, its reliable.

Back
Top Bottom