Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Thanks for the responses. So how often do you guys get to go home and visit family and stuff. After tech school do you go straight to where your assigned or do you go home for a few weeks then get shipped out. Once your shipped out how often can you come back to your hometown?

You can take leave after tech school if you like and go home..then to your duty station. But honestly where ever you go turns into home. I mean thats where your going to live. But me personally i take leave for a few days every few months and drive home to see people. But im only about 600 miles away so its not too bad. You get 2.5 days of leave a month so. after two months you can take off a week of work..
That's cool that your not too far from home, what happens if i was stationed in Korea for example and decided to take two weeks off once i get that amount of vacation time in. Would they be able to fly me back to Los Angeles or would i have to take the time off in Korea? Thanks for answering all my questions so far.
When you are on leave you can go where ever you want. You will just be paying

Thanks, one more question for you. As far as ranking goes, what determines your starting rank and how often do you rank up? Does everyone start at E1 or is it possible to start at E2 or higher.

Thanks, one more question for you. As far as ranking goes, what determines your starting rank and how often do you rank up? Does everyone start at E1 or is it possible to start at E2 or higher.

Thanks, one more question for you. As far as ranking goes, what determines your starting rank and how often do you rank up? Does everyone start at E1 or is it possible to start at E2 or higher. I also have 58 college units completed at my community college but have no degree, does this make any difference in starting rank?

Thanks yuku for double posts
mad.gif

Thanks, one more question for you. As far as ranking goes, what determines your starting rank and how often do you rank up? Does everyone start at E1 or is it possible to start at E2 or higher. I also have 58 college units completed at my community college but have no degree, does this make any difference in starting rank?

mad.gif

mad.gif

Yes it does. Im pretty sure thats enough for you to start at E 3. Atleast E 2. That also means dont sign up for 6 years even if recruiter trys to talk you in to it. You already are getting the benefit of the 6 year contract. I think you get E 4 something like 26 months after E 3. From then on you test for promotions.

mad.gif

Yes it does. Im pretty sure thats enough for you to start at E 3. Atleast E 2. That also means dont sign up for 6 years even if recruiter trys to talk you in to it. You already are getting the benefit of the 6 year contract. I think you get E 4 something like 26 months after E 3. From then on you test for promotions.

mad.gif

Awesome, thanks a lot for answering all my questions so far. Gonna talk to my parents about this soon and i'll be in contact with a recruiter as well. Looking at air traffic control ops, operations intelligence, and cyber systems operations so far. Still browsing the site for other possible choices. Thanks again.

mad.gif

Awesome, thanks a lot for answering all my questions so far. Gonna talk to my parents about this soon and i'll be in contact with a recruiter as well. Looking at air traffic control ops, operations intelligence, and cyber systems operations so far. Still browsing the site for other possible choices. Thanks again.

mad.gif

No problem. You can msg me if you got any more ?s And cyber systems might be cool its very similar to what i do actually

mad.gif

No problem. You can msg me if you got any more ?s And cyber systems might be cool its very similar to what i do actually

jigsaw...

you can fail out of school? how? lazy...? dont show up..? just dont get it what? does that happen often...like i said im looking at cyber surety...but for navy

jigsaw...

you can fail out of school? how? lazy...? dont show up..? just dont get it what? does that happen often...like i said im looking at cyber surety...but for navy

Anyone know if theirs currently a waiting list to get in the AF?
i guess it depends on the recruiter and his numbers but you will definitely wait to get in the AF. My recruiter for example has only been getting 2 MEPS slots a month starting in january and he has like 8-10 people waiting to go. Although he does cover a whole county by himself so it might be different for other recruiters.

i guess it depends on the recruiter and his numbers but you will definitely wait to get in the AF. My recruiter for example has only been getting 2 MEPS slots a month starting in january and he has like 8-10 people waiting to go. Although he does cover a whole county by himself so it might be different for other recruiters.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

So I finally booked a job. Munitions Systems 2W031, ship date on August 2.

So relieved this whole process is over. But I still gotta wait 5 months, gonna be spendin my 20th birthday in basic training lol.

youll be at sheppard after.. hope u can stand heat cuz you'll be in texas during the summer

overmanned but u can still enlist.. could be a while til u go to bmt tho

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

So I finally booked a job. Munitions Systems 2W031, ship date on August 2.

So relieved this whole process is over. But I still gotta wait 5 months, gonna be spendin my 20th birthday in basic training lol.

youll be at sheppard after.. hope u can stand heat cuz you'll be in texas during the summer

overmanned but u can still enlist.. could be a while til u go to bmt tho

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

jigsaw...

Haha. There is no "dont show up" in tech school. But you fail out just by failing test. It happened often in my career field. But it is one of the more challenging tech schools. Normally, no it doesnt happen too often.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

jigsaw...

Haha. There is no "dont show up" in tech school. But you fail out just by failing test. It happened often in my career field. But it is one of the more challenging tech schools. Normally, no it doesnt happen too often.

Thanks for the replies.

When you go for basic training, do you leave your stuff at home, or put them in storage?

Thanks for the replies.

When you go for basic training, do you leave your stuff at home, or put them in storage?

Back
Top Bottom