Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

blacktop - gonna laugh my %@+ off if you went in open contract and get to be a cook or something
roll.gif
Not really wishing that on you, but it sounds like you went in open contract, did u?

What exactly is open contract? Is that where you dont choose your job before you enlist? Do you have to commit to enlisting before you get to know what your job is going to be? I'm trying to join and do something with computer networking, but I'm hearing from different people that you dont get to pick what you want to do when you join. Is this true? If there is only one job that intrests you, can you just pick that one?

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

So I finally booked a job. Munitions Systems 2W031, ship date on August 2.

So relieved this whole process is over. But I still gotta wait 5 months, gonna be spendin my 20th birthday in basic training lol.
Congrats. I went about same time of year. Spent my 19th in basic haha. Prepare to be bored for two months bro

Thanks dude. What is your AFSC????
Im 3d1x2. Cyber transport. Routers and switches and stuff. Hit me up if you have any questions

Yo! I got questions! I'm gonna message your inbox.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Ignorant questions:
How long do you have to stay in the Air Force to get a GI bill?

2 years i believe

What do you do in the air force? One of my friends that was in the air force said he just sat around all day fixing computers.

depends on your job, he probably worked at the help desk

Air Force is where there's a zero chance of getting shot at right?

lol theres always a chance of getting shot.

What do you hate/like about the air force?

ignorant people with no social/people skills but are good testers, having leadership positions.

I might have to look into joining after I get my degree.
Damn job competition.
30t6p3b.gif
i hope that helps,

did 6yrs active, was a 1N4, intel... liked my job, even better when i deploy n did realtime stuff.
deployed with the army so, it was an army deployment.....
had a TS clearence, worked as a civilian contractor for a bit, was cool, but nor for me.
now i go to school full time, got a part time to chill, and dj. the GI BILL BAH pays pretty much for everything.

i dont regret anything about the AF, made me who i am,
all i can say to anyone trying to join is that pick your job wisely, do something you want and something that maybe could help you in the future.
a clearance is always good to have,
coming in "open general" is filling in the spots where they need you, usually a cop or services (cook, morgue,  base +*+*@).

i hope that answers a few questions..... anythign else PM me

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Ignorant questions:
How long do you have to stay in the Air Force to get a GI bill?

2 years i believe

What do you do in the air force? One of my friends that was in the air force said he just sat around all day fixing computers.

depends on your job, he probably worked at the help desk

Air Force is where there's a zero chance of getting shot at right?

lol theres always a chance of getting shot.

What do you hate/like about the air force?

ignorant people with no social/people skills but are good testers, having leadership positions.

I might have to look into joining after I get my degree.
Damn job competition.
30t6p3b.gif
i hope that helps,

did 6yrs active, was a 1N4, intel... liked my job, even better when i deploy n did realtime stuff.
deployed with the army so, it was an army deployment.....
had a TS clearence, worked as a civilian contractor for a bit, was cool, but nor for me.
now i go to school full time, got a part time to chill, and dj. the GI BILL BAH pays pretty much for everything.

i dont regret anything about the AF, made me who i am,
all i can say to anyone trying to join is that pick your job wisely, do something you want and something that maybe could help you in the future.
a clearance is always good to have,
coming in "open general" is filling in the spots where they need you, usually a cop or services (cook, morgue,  base +*+*@).

i hope that answers a few questions..... anythign else PM me

Since munitions was never my #1 job, Im gonna have to cross train after 2 years right? I'd love to get sensor operator and master the predator so i can help out the grunts below with some recon and also blow stuff up.

Since munitions was never my #1 job, Im gonna have to cross train after 2 years right? I'd love to get sensor operator and master the predator so i can help out the grunts below with some recon and also blow stuff up.

I've been heavily considering joining the Air Force. Its something i've wanted to do since junior high and now at this point in my life i think its time to just man up and do it. I'm still in community college, 22 years old and i've switched majors three times already. I love fixing things so i might wanna do something with mechanics. How hard is it to get into the air traffic control program, i heard it's hard as hell but they make bank. I mainly want to get into something i can make a career out of when i get back to civilian life. As far as where you get stationed, does it depend on the job you get? I have a lot of questions so i might meet up with a recruiter, i'm just afraid he's gonna tell me what i wanna hear so i can join.

I've been heavily considering joining the Air Force. Its something i've wanted to do since junior high and now at this point in my life i think its time to just man up and do it. I'm still in community college, 22 years old and i've switched majors three times already. I love fixing things so i might wanna do something with mechanics. How hard is it to get into the air traffic control program, i heard it's hard as hell but they make bank. I mainly want to get into something i can make a career out of when i get back to civilian life. As far as where you get stationed, does it depend on the job you get? I have a lot of questions so i might meet up with a recruiter, i'm just afraid he's gonna tell me what i wanna hear so i can join.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

from my experience this is definitely not true, they dont lie because they dont have to and because the AF is overmanned as it is

from my experience this is definitely not true, they dont lie because they dont have to and because the AF is overmanned as it is

It is over manned but don't take everything they say as 100 percent truth. And who ever said it is a 9-5 is wrong. Do not join expecting it to be a 9-5. Its the military, it is similar to normal jobs in some ways but no where close to a civilian 9-5

It is over manned but don't take everything they say as 100 percent truth. And who ever said it is a 9-5 is wrong. Do not join expecting it to be a 9-5. Its the military, it is similar to normal jobs in some ways but no where close to a civilian 9-5

Any fighter pilots in here?

Sorry if it's already been answered, didn't read the entire thread.

Any fighter pilots in here?

Sorry if it's already been answered, didn't read the entire thread.

What do you mean? If you joined for 4 years you MAY be able to cross train in 3... and 5 if you did 6 years. There are jobs that work with predator i think they are in vegas.. maybe new mexico, you wont be flying it though lol Unless your going in commissioned

What do you mean? If you joined for 4 years you MAY be able to cross train in 3... and 5 if you did 6 years. There are jobs that work with predator i think they are in vegas.. maybe new mexico, you wont be flying it though lol Unless your going in commissioned

One of my best friends just recently left for boot camp to join the AF.

The BEAST obstacle course/test.
eek.gif

One of my best friends just recently left for boot camp to join the AF.

The BEAST obstacle course/test.
eek.gif

So if you enlist and you dont get the job you want off the bat, is there any possibility of changing, or are you pretty much stuck with what you have?

So if you enlist and you dont get the job you want off the bat, is there any possibility of changing, or are you pretty much stuck with what you have?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

You are pretty much stuck... other than cross training. See my post up further on this page.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

You are pretty much stuck... other than cross training. See my post up further on this page.

Back
Top Bottom