Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Since munitions was never my #1 job, Im gonna have to cross train after 2 years right? I'd love to get sensor operator and master the predator so i can help out the grunts below with some recon and also blow stuff up.

What do you mean? If you joined for 4 years you MAY be able to cross train in 3... and 5 if you did 6 years. There are jobs that work with predator i think they are in vegas.. maybe new mexico, you wont be flying it though lol Unless your going in commissioned

I thought 2 people work on a predator? 1 is a pilot and the other is the SO who does the recon stuff

Since munitions was never my #1 job, Im gonna have to cross train after 2 years right? I'd love to get sensor operator and master the predator so i can help out the grunts below with some recon and also blow stuff up.

What do you mean? If you joined for 4 years you MAY be able to cross train in 3... and 5 if you did 6 years. There are jobs that work with predator i think they are in vegas.. maybe new mexico, you wont be flying it though lol Unless your going in commissioned

I thought 2 people work on a predator? 1 is a pilot and the other is the SO who does the recon stuff

Originally Posted by robxdrew

One of my best friends just recently left for boot camp to join the AF.

The BEAST obstacle course/test.
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
It is not hard or a test

laugh.gif
 I went it before that beast ++++ came out...obstacle course was a joke....it was fun tho

eek.gif

indifferent.gif
It is not hard or a test

laugh.gif
 I went it before that beast ++++ came out...obstacle course was a joke....it was fun tho

There would be a whole shop working on it. But as far as flying it... thats gonna be an officer of course. But yes you could definetly work on them. I work with people who have at their previous base.

There would be a whole shop working on it. But as far as flying it... thats gonna be an officer of course. But yes you could definetly work on them. I work with people who have at their previous base.

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

eek.gif

indifferent.gif
It is not hard or a test

laugh.gif
Beast was cool unless you are in mop gear when its in the 90s like i was haha. And yeah obstacle course was fine but if you fall in the water
tired.gif
not respected.

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

eek.gif

indifferent.gif
It is not hard or a test

laugh.gif
Beast was cool unless you are in mop gear when its in the 90s like i was haha. And yeah obstacle course was fine but if you fall in the water
tired.gif
not respected.

So anyone know what the air traffic control program is like? Is it something thats in demand with the AF, would i be able to land a spot if i told my recruiter thats what i want to do. Where do you get stationed after boot camp?

So anyone know what the air traffic control program is like? Is it something thats in demand with the AF, would i be able to land a spot if i told my recruiter thats what i want to do. Where do you get stationed after boot camp?

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Its rough. I think there were 5 people with me in basic who were atc. I think 2 made it... After basic you go to Keesler afb. Its a pretty long tech school but when i was there you waited almost 2 months before you started. They were backed up... Im not sure about how much they are needed though.

Its rough. I think there were 5 people with me in basic who were atc. I think 2 made it... After basic you go to Keesler afb. Its a pretty long tech school but when i was there you waited almost 2 months before you started. They were backed up... Im not sure about how much they are needed though.

what do you mean made it? they didnt make it through basic? why?

any officers on here (non prior enlist) did you guys have to interview?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

No, didnt make it through tech school. They failed out.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

No, didnt make it through tech school. They failed out.

Thanks for the responses. So how often do you guys get to go home and visit family and stuff. After tech school do you go straight to where your assigned or do you go home for a few weeks then get shipped out. Once your shipped out how often can you come back to your hometown?

Thanks for the responses. So how often do you guys get to go home and visit family and stuff. After tech school do you go straight to where your assigned or do you go home for a few weeks then get shipped out. Once your shipped out how often can you come back to your hometown?

Air Force is a great career, but unlike all of the other service branches there is no program for overweight candidates.

Air Force is a great career, but unlike all of the other service branches there is no program for overweight candidates.

You can take leave after tech school if you like and go home..then to your duty station. But honestly where ever you go turns into home. I mean thats where your going to live. But me personally i take leave for a few days every few months and drive home to see people. But im only about 600 miles away so its not too bad. You get 2.5 days of leave a month so. after two months you can take off a week of work..

You can take leave after tech school if you like and go home..then to your duty station. But honestly where ever you go turns into home. I mean thats where your going to live. But me personally i take leave for a few days every few months and drive home to see people. But im only about 600 miles away so its not too bad. You get 2.5 days of leave a month so. after two months you can take off a week of work..

That's cool that your not too far from home, what happens if i was stationed in Korea for example and decided to take two weeks off once i get that amount of vacation time in. Would they be able to fly me back to Los Angeles or would i have to take the time off in Korea? Thanks for answering all my questions so far.

That's cool that your not too far from home, what happens if i was stationed in Korea for example and decided to take two weeks off once i get that amount of vacation time in. Would they be able to fly me back to Los Angeles or would i have to take the time off in Korea? Thanks for answering all my questions so far.

When you are on leave you can go where ever you want. You will just be paying

Back
Top Bottom