Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

With the job market the way it is a lot of us don't have a choice
30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

Coming from a military background, you sound misinformed.

As some one who is actually in the Air Force, I'd say the only real compromise I make is the fact that I have to shave everyday, wear a uniform to work, and the fact that I can't smoke weed. But yeah if your life style revolves around weed and facial hair, the AF might not be for you, micky ds have some good perks though. :/

As for spending time away from your family, how many of us truly want to be under our fam for our whole lives? The AF give you 30 days of paid leave a year. That along with my normal days off is more then enough IMO.

How is that the only real compromise? The military dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. I  personally know many broken military families, what are you gonna do when your son is calling you from the USA because you're in South Korea or some Eastern country for years at a time handling their struggle?

I think a lot of people sacrifice the seemingly small and irrelevant things, and join the military just because it guarantees you a paycheck, while most of these people in the military are oblivious to the political nature and true implications of the military's functions.

Call me misinformed for seeing through our military institution. My dad did 20+ as a firefighter in the Air Force, as well as my granddad. My cousin was shot in the head in Nam'. The air force has provided me a life of comfort and thus misery, I don't owe this country a damn thing.

Keep in mind I'm not knocking anybody for EATING...I'm knocking the game from my perspective.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, just about everyone makes compromises when it comes to work. Does your job not affect your daily routine, your habitat, your actions? So are you telling me that you wake up early everyday, throw on a McDonald's uniform, and slave over a hot stove just because you feel like it? Corporate American is filled with jobs that require people to abide by a set guidelines that dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. The truth is that the majority of civilian people spend their entire working lives as "pawns" in a companies game designed to make the owners wealthy. Joining the military is a commitment. Joining a corporation is only a commitment until you find a better job or they lay your *%# off. One involves a commitment to something larger than yourself. Mickey D's doesn't. I really don't see how this is better then the military institution you speak of.

But then theres the harsh reality of human conflict and the reason why we have the armed forces. Once you've turned over a rock and found a perfect moral guideline to wipe away all confusion, subjectivity and doubt in discourse in history and politics, I encourage you to share it. Meanwhile, hush up and enjoy the freedoms that have been given to you.

You know you should feel fortunate I even acknowledged your reply; It's very apparent that you're only talking anecdotally. Your perception is swayed by a small number of individuals, whereas I've been in the AF for almost 5 years now, traveled the world, went to college for free, and gain a lot of life experience among other things.
I don't know about all that now
laugh.gif

Certainly 'hushing up' and enjoying the 'freedoms' is what they tell you to do once your enlisted right?
laugh.gif
Go USA! Vanguard for democracy! Home of the free!

Yeah %%@#+#% right. I have no desire occupying another country, supposedly fixing their government, when our government at home is a disaster within itself.

My question is, are the people serving the military truly AWARE of the foreign policy/agenda they implement across the globe? Of course you get some free passes when you join the military....I'm not knocking your individual experiences guy. I'm knocking the fact most people in the armed forces are oblivious to the true objectives of our military, which I feel are serving the interests of an elite class of people, while average citizens pay the price of LIFE for mere ideological battles and material conflicts.

Not for me.

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

As some one who is actually in the Air Force, I'd say the only real compromise I make is the fact that I have to shave everyday, wear a uniform to work, and the fact that I can't smoke weed. But yeah if your life style revolves around weed and facial hair, the AF might not be for you, micky ds have some good perks though. :/

As for spending time away from your family, how many of us truly want to be under our fam for our whole lives? The AF give you 30 days of paid leave a year. That along with my normal days off is more then enough IMO.

How is that the only real compromise? The military dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. I  personally know many broken military families, what are you gonna do when your son is calling you from the USA because you're in South Korea or some Eastern country for years at a time handling their struggle?

I think a lot of people sacrifice the seemingly small and irrelevant things, and join the military just because it guarantees you a paycheck, while most of these people in the military are oblivious to the political nature and true implications of the military's functions.

Call me misinformed for seeing through our military institution. My dad did 20+ as a firefighter in the Air Force, as well as my granddad. My cousin was shot in the head in Nam'. The air force has provided me a life of comfort and thus misery, I don't owe this country a damn thing.

Keep in mind I'm not knocking anybody for EATING...I'm knocking the game from my perspective.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, just about everyone makes compromises when it comes to work. Does your job not affect your daily routine, your habitat, your actions? So are you telling me that you wake up early everyday, throw on a McDonald's uniform, and slave over a hot stove just because you feel like it? Corporate American is filled with jobs that require people to abide by a set guidelines that dictates your daily routine, your habitat, your actions. The truth is that the majority of civilian people spend their entire working lives as "pawns" in a companies game designed to make the owners wealthy. Joining the military is a commitment. Joining a corporation is only a commitment until you find a better job or they lay your *%# off. One involves a commitment to something larger than yourself. Mickey D's doesn't. I really don't see how this is better then the military institution you speak of.

But then theres the harsh reality of human conflict and the reason why we have the armed forces. Once you've turned over a rock and found a perfect moral guideline to wipe away all confusion, subjectivity and doubt in discourse in history and politics, I encourage you to share it. Meanwhile, hush up and enjoy the freedoms that have been given to you.

You know you should feel fortunate I even acknowledged your reply; It's very apparent that you're only talking anecdotally. Your perception is swayed by a small number of individuals, whereas I've been in the AF for almost 5 years now, traveled the world, went to college for free, and gain a lot of life experience among other things.
I don't know about all that now
laugh.gif

Certainly 'hushing up' and enjoying the 'freedoms' is what they tell you to do once your enlisted right?
laugh.gif
Go USA! Vanguard for democracy! Home of the free!

Yeah %%@#+#% right. I have no desire occupying another country, supposedly fixing their government, when our government at home is a disaster within itself.

My question is, are the people serving the military truly AWARE of the foreign policy/agenda they implement across the globe? Of course you get some free passes when you join the military....I'm not knocking your individual experiences guy. I'm knocking the fact most people in the armed forces are oblivious to the true objectives of our military, which I feel are serving the interests of an elite class of people, while average citizens pay the price of LIFE for mere ideological battles and material conflicts.

Not for me.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

I took my oath a couple hours ago. Im finally in the AF 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Qualified for some bad %+% jobs too which I put down for preference.

ISR Operator
pimp.gif

Geospatial Intelligence
pimp.gif

Nuclear Weapons 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What up my AF brahs
smokin.gif
congrats! how long did your process take? how was the asvab? im going to enlist if i dont get selected at the navy officer boards. im going up for the cyber surety/cyber systems program they have.
well the first day at MEPS is just taking the ASVAB. i actually thought i failed but i actually did pretty good lol. its pretty easy but the automotive+mechanical questions caught me off guard since i didnt study at all
the second day of meps is hellish u wake up at 4:45 and you will probably be done by 3:00.......you are going to be doing alot of waiting

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I took my oath a couple hours ago. Im finally in the AF 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Qualified for some bad %+% jobs too which I put down for preference.

ISR Operator
pimp.gif

Geospatial Intelligence
pimp.gif

Nuclear Weapons 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What up my AF brahs
smokin.gif
congrats! how long did your process take? how was the asvab? im going to enlist if i dont get selected at the navy officer boards. im going up for the cyber surety/cyber systems program they have.
well the first day at MEPS is just taking the ASVAB. i actually thought i failed but i actually did pretty good lol. its pretty easy but the automotive+mechanical questions caught me off guard since i didnt study at all
the second day of meps is hellish u wake up at 4:45 and you will probably be done by 3:00.......you are going to be doing alot of waiting

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

blacktop - gonna laugh my %@+ off if you went in open contract and get to be a cook or something
roll.gif
Not really wishing that on you, but it sounds like you went in open contract, did u?

i dont think so...i sat down with a job counselor and I picked 8 jobs from all my qualifications (4 pages long
smokin.gif
)

blacktop - gonna laugh my %@+ off if you went in open contract and get to be a cook or something
roll.gif
Not really wishing that on you, but it sounds like you went in open contract, did u?

i dont think so...i sat down with a job counselor and I picked 8 jobs from all my qualifications (4 pages long
smokin.gif
)

Thinking about getting into this, to the people already in the AF, how was the basic training?

Thinking about getting into this, to the people already in the AF, how was the basic training?

Originally Posted by durantula

You got to want it, because if you don't it will just make it way more harder than it really is. Had my flight been full of people who wanted it, it would've went by way smoother than it did. But my flight went thru a lot of *$#+$%%*, some %#$@ I can't talk about but it really is what you make of it.

Lately though, since a lot of things have been happening to the trainees, they have made a lot of changes where the MTIs are more like baby sitters than military instructors.... but u gotta deal with it

Originally Posted by durantula

You got to want it, because if you don't it will just make it way more harder than it really is. Had my flight been full of people who wanted it, it would've went by way smoother than it did. But my flight went thru a lot of *$#+$%%*, some %#$@ I can't talk about but it really is what you make of it.

Lately though, since a lot of things have been happening to the trainees, they have made a lot of changes where the MTIs are more like baby sitters than military instructors.... but u gotta deal with it

30t6p3b.gif

Not for me.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I think you've seen one too many Michael Moore documentaries and have a wild imagination. Again your perception is based off the media and not your own experience so I'm reading your post with a grain of salt.

30t6p3b.gif

Not for me.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I think you've seen one too many Michael Moore documentaries and have a wild imagination. Again your perception is based off the media and not your own experience so I'm reading your post with a grain of salt.

So I finally booked a job. Munitions Systems 2W031, ship date on August 2.

So relieved this whole process is over. But I still gotta wait 5 months, gonna be spendin my 20th birthday in basic training lol.

So relieved this whole process is over. But I still gotta wait 5 months, gonna be spendin my 20th birthday in basic training lol.

Congrats. I went about same time of year. Spent my 19th in basic haha. Prepare to be bored for two months bro

Congrats. I went about same time of year. Spent my 19th in basic haha. Prepare to be bored for two months bro

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Thanks dude. What is your AFSC????

Im 3d1x2. Cyber transport. Routers and switches and stuff. Hit me up if you have any questions

Im 3d1x2. Cyber transport. Routers and switches and stuff. Hit me up if you have any questions

roll.gif

What exactly is open contract? Is that where you dont choose your job before you enlist? Do you have to commit to enlisting before you get to know what your job is going to be? I'm trying to join and do something with computer networking, but I'm hearing from different people that you dont get to pick what you want to do when you join. Is this true? If there is only one job that intrests you, can you just pick that one?

Yo! I got questions! I'm gonna message your inbox.

Back
Top Bottom