Anyone else's midsole on the Fire Red IIIs cracking?

That's why I keep one DS, the other one started to crack after 4 wears. Try putting on Armor All to the midsoles

Alright
happy.gif
can't wait for the same quality on the Black Cement IIIs later this year, and the VIs, and the IVs, and whatever else they use crappy paint on
smh.gif

My flips are doing the same thing but i do wear them a lot i only have like 9 pairs of shoes and these flips were like my every day shoes but i mean theyshouldn't crack it sucks.

Originally Posted by LeBronGames

That's why I keep one DS, the other one started to crack after 4 wears. Try putting on Armor All to the midsoles
You do realize that Armor All contains petroleum distillates which is a solvent that will slowly eat away rubber and vinyl over time.(many uneducatedcar owners are unaware of this) If you want to use a protectant like that, I suggest finding something water based. There are some that have the UV protectiontoo.

YESSIRRRR!!!! Right by the air bubble white area chipping....sucks. Still love em and will rock 'em to death.

yea mines are cracking, not on the red part but on the white part next to it. i wear them at last three times a week but casually only. any ways to preventmore cracking in the future. sidenote, i used my white/military blue iv for basketball once and they cracked like crazy.

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

Its JB's solution to yellowing. They're painting midsoles fully instead of dying them.

That may be part of it.

The midsole on the 2002 IX Retro was painted black instead of dyed, so i'm inclined to think it's also at least partially to do with cost cutting aswell. Perhaps because they deliberately decided to stop dying midsoles, or perhaps because the factories they use now lack the facilities to dye the midsoles.

The yellowing on the heel tabs reminds me of the way some white plastic toys yellow as a result of moderate exposure to sunlight. In the case of the toysit was put down to impurities in the materials used. IE: cost cutting. My guess is that it's the same circumstances in the case of the heel tabs.

mine are still fresh and i wear them at least once every 2 weeks for something
sorry to hear that

man ive been wearing mine since the day i got them, and like two months ago they started chipping by the white near the air bubble. No worries though im goingto keep wearing them, love em to much

Is it the midsole that's cracking or the paint that coats the midsole?

If it is the paint, I don't think there should be much worry for concern.

This is why Nike and JB shouldve stayed with the same midsole as the 2003 III's and before. But money is more important than keeping your product qualityat the top.

Mine are cracked in mult places and the right ONLY heel tab is yellowing....awesome. I'm scared to check the other pairs I have in the closet.

yup, this happen to my flips and militaries, i posted some pics on a post a while back of what they look like...and now its happening to my dtrt, very lightlythough.
smh.gif
at the quality

Originally Posted by Jay Sole

What!?! I wear my Fire red III's all the time, and I have not had any problems with them.

Well I have another pair DS so I'm straight.

pimp.gif
...me too...I rock them a few times a week since release and nocracking has occured. The back piece has yellowed somewhat. But I have another pair that's DS so I'm good.

Originally Posted by FLIPCYDE23

YESSIRRRR!!!! Right by the air bubble white area chipping....sucks. Still love em and will rock 'em to death.
Same problem here other than that there still there crispy.

I rock my 3's faithfully all of them there my favorite retros!

rocked 1 pair twice and its not cracked or yellowed but i can tell where the cracking will start i see lil crack veins forming maybe 2-4 more wears till itbegins...got a other pair on ice also

Back
Top Bottom