Anyone following CES?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Seriously a factory rig at 5GHz?
I wonder if you can reach 5GHz on an air cooled system instead of water, probably could with i7 980x idk doubt it though.

I have a 4.6GHz i7 920 cooled with water. I doubt you can cool a 5GHz effectively on air...

Probably need dry ice to cool that @$#%
laugh.gif

google did their part w/ the honeycomb ui. Hopefully whatever moto brings out is up the par

google did their part w/ the honeycomb ui. Hopefully whatever moto brings out is up the par

I wonder if you can reach 5GHz on an air cooled system instead of water, probably could with i7 980x idk doubt it though.

I have a 4.6GHz i7 920 cooled with water. I doubt you can cool a 5GHz effectively on air...

dang, I want to go past 4 one day but don't want to start messing with water

get an H50, it's a closed loop so messing that up would be pretty hard. plus it's cheap (around 70 for the h50 and 90 for the h70) and people have gotten a bit past 4GHz with it

also, i think with high end cooler, people might reach 5GHz on air with the new sandy bridge platform. some dude hit 4GHz with the stock cooler. which is pretty impressive.

this thread and CES needs more Notion Ink Adam.

that's the tablet im waiting for.

dang, I want to go past 4 one day but don't want to start messing with water

get an H50, it's a closed loop so messing that up would be pretty hard. plus it's cheap (around 70 for the h50 and 90 for the h70) and people have gotten a bit past 4GHz with it

also, i think with high end cooler, people might reach 5GHz on air with the new sandy bridge platform. some dude hit 4GHz with the stock cooler. which is pretty impressive.

this thread and CES needs more Notion Ink Adam.

that's the tablet im waiting for.

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

i have an h50, keeps my temps low. but then again, i haven't OCd my cpu yet.

im looking at getting a custom loop tho. the XSPC Rasa kit seems to be a good deal.

i have an h50, keeps my temps low. but then again, i haven't OCd my cpu yet.

im looking at getting a custom loop tho. the XSPC Rasa kit seems to be a good deal.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

I didn't see any temps like that when I was looking
frown.gif
would of grabbed one if I did.
Honeycomb is looking
pimp.gif

I didn't see any temps like that when I was looking
frown.gif
would of grabbed one if I did.
Honeycomb is looking
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

now THAT is how you make a mobile OS tablet.

can't wait until it goes on sale.

I was going to pre-order but there were too many red flags for me to go through with it. As soon as they announce a Honeycomb upgrade, (which Im sure will happen) Im on it. People are already getting shipping confirmation starting on the 14th.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

now THAT is how you make a mobile OS tablet.

can't wait until it goes on sale.

I was going to pre-order but there were too many red flags for me to go through with it. As soon as they announce a Honeycomb upgrade, (which Im sure will happen) Im on it. People are already getting shipping confirmation starting on the 14th.

yeah i think im going to skip the early adopter phase this time.

but it does look promising.

i didn't watch the whole vid but, what's the price tag on it?

yeah i think im going to skip the early adopter phase this time.

but it does look promising.

i didn't watch the whole vid but, what's the price tag on it?

Back
Top Bottom