Anyone have this pet peeve? People seasoning their foods before tasting...

i like my pizza spicy... its the combination of the cheese sauce and spicyness is why I buy it... That !+*$ is incomplete without redpeppers!!! no reason toeven taste it before hand!

I agree with you on #2 & 3...but...

1) You goto a pizza place with great pie, get a slice or two and before dudes even bite into it they throw a pound of garlic salt, hot pepper flakes, gross cheap-@#* parmesan, and whatever else on the pizza.
They might as well just be eating cardboard at that point, because you no longer can taste the pizza.
garlic powder and hot pepper flakes impart a complementary flavor to the pizza.

also...
Originally Posted by Craftsy21

but the bottom line with that in mind, is that people prefer the taste of seasonings over the taste of actual food products.
I don't think most people would enjoy the flavor or most food products without the enhancement of seasoning.
for example....steaks NEED salt to bring out the flavor

The only thing this thread has done is proven how silly NT'ers are in general nowadays.

LOL... I have seen you post and you seem chill but wow... you can't be serious, yes I know there are some clowns in general but yeah.....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

my pet peeve is when someone text you, text back within a minute or 2 then they never respond or take an hour.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really son? So if someone texts you, then you reply and they don't reply, probably because they're not near their phone (Showering, Cooking, Rushingoff and forgetting their phone), you get mad?

nerd.gif
Larry David is that u?
laugh.gif

This sound like something Larry David would be upset about
laugh.gif

Pizza is Pizza...unless u somehow reinvented the wheel...I know what to expect. What do u call this triangle food with red circles on it?
alien.gif

For one... food is made to be eaten the way it's been made. If it tasted better with all this stuff on it, that's how the recipe would be made by the guys who knows how to make the meals. The fact that it doesn't come with that stuff on it should probably tell you that it's not how the dish is intended to taste. And who knows taste better? A trained chef, or a douche bag who likes ketchup on their steak?

OP you act like every meal placed in front of you is prepared by a trained chef eager to serve you the best meal ever he can possibly prepare. That might bethe case in some restaurants, but I can assure you some of them could care less about the food they serve you, they're at work and most likely in it fornothing more than the money. Not all of them are trying to put a smile on your face with their exquisite cooking. So im not gonna sit back and eat a blandsteak just because its the way the chef (who may or may not have better cooking judgement than I) prepared it and therefore should be eaten as is.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by eight2one

my pet peeve is when someone text you, text back within a minute or 2 then they never respond or take an hour.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really son? So if someone texts you, then you reply and they don't reply, probably because they're not near their phone (Showering, Cooking, Rushing off and forgetting their phone), you get mad?

but they just texted me or called! what theyd do?? drop the phone and run away?

Originally Posted by DocDoon

who cares, not everyone likes the same thing. maybe they have had it and prefer the taste of it salted- or bbq sauced up

either way. if people eating stuff you dont like bothers you, stop watching other dudes eat. its suspect anyways
You guys have to cut it out with this mentality on a message board.

I know none of you say these types of things in real life, acting like you're all some 10th level buddhists, completely at peace with the world around you. it's %+#$!$+ obnoxious how every post on nt is responded to now with

"who cares, why you worried about other people", or the equivalent of that.

That's the point of a message board, to discuss this type of *@%%. By this logic, we shouldn't even be signed onto NT and no new topics should ever be posted.. because we could all just jump into every post and use that type of response.

The fact of the matter is, some people do care.. and this is the place to talk about it. So deal with it.

If you really don't care about the topic - stay the @+%% out of it. Quit dropping in to tell people that you don't care about the topic - that type of attention whoring to a bunch of strangers (dudes, mostly) is what's truly suspect around here. This huge desire to act like the coolest person on a message board full of strangers, like this is some kind of 7th grade classroom in hell.

Just give it a rest already.. stay out of topics you don't like and quit with the trolling... %+#$!$+ children.
eyes.gif
relax dude. it was just my opinon. isnt that the point of a message board. are you just whoring for attention posting a huge rant about it.
I rarely post on NT. i must rarely post to get attention?
Get over it and get out of bum town you no talent bum

I see what your saying, but I like steak sauce so I'mma put it on my steak regardless and I like cheap parmesan (sp?) so I'mma put it on my pizzaregardless.

But I will say that I will taste a food before I add salt to it ---- That food has to be bland as hell for me to add additional salt

I guarantee that you season your food without you tasting it at times as well

This is foolishness I've never in my life sat a a table and watch strangers season there food in disgust get a life my boy

It is VERY rude to go to someones house and pour steak sauce, salt, pepper or anything else on your food until you have tasted it. Very insulting to the cook.

Whats the problem with people seasoning their food? People have different taste not everybody like a hot dog without ketchup or anything on it.

relax dude. it was just my opinon.

That's just it... it wasn't your opinion. It was a non-opinion. Which is why it's ridiculous to be offering up as a response, especially theamount of times it gets done here daily.

Let me demonstrate the flow of a typical post where this occurs:

OP: Hey I feel this way about something, how about you.
Reply: Why you feeling that way, you shouldn't feel any sort of way at all, that's suspect.

Over and over...

by the way.. quit bumping this post. let it die already.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom