anyone in the military?

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

are you actually in the military niketalker23? i for some reason doubt it. there are idiots no matter where you go, so to assume that the AF is full or "smart" ppl is ridiculous. And as far as getting more money in the real world. I am getting my degree in accounting and headed to one of the biggest accounting firms in the world. I joined the marine corps for the discipline and the fact that I wanted to do something that I would want to remember and be proud of. you cant generalize by reading things off of a message board. there are the stereotypes and reality. your not going to get that from a bias message board.
I'm not in the military. I was going to enlist out of high school but didn't get a chance. That was 4 yeas ago, so that's also abouthow long I've been doing research on it since I've been thinking about doing it now. I have talked to various people from all 4 branches and they haveall except one have told me the same thing. I've researched this to death and pretty much know every aspect of all 4. I never said the Marines were bad. Idebated about joining the marines also knowing they don't get treated as well as airmen because I knew that I'd be incredibly proud to be a Marine butat the end of the day I thought more about my future and realized the air force was the way to go. Plus I wanted my time in the Military to be the best itcould be in every aspect so AF it was. Things happened in my life that prevented me from enlisting but I'm well versed on the subject, at least as much asI can be without actually being in the military.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Yes, I'm a former navy seal.
your 21? and a former seal? and you have 8k posts on niketalk. im not one to do this, but dam something is NOT adding up. plus your a former NAVYseal and your ripping the image of the marine corps...arent we supposed to be brothers in arms? hmm...

just some more...

AF dont let you make rank (aka more less money) like the other services..

straight up, all it comes down to is your mos.

are you actually in the military niketalker23? i for some reason doubt it. there are idiots no matter where you go, so to assume that the AF is full or "smart" ppl is ridiculous. And as far as getting more money in the real world. I am getting my degree in accounting and headed to one of the biggest accounting firms in the world. I joined the marine corps for the discipline and the fact that I wanted to do something that I would want to remember and be proud of. you cant generalize by reading things off of a message board. there are the stereotypes and reality. your not going to get that from a bias message board.
I'm not in the military. I was going to enlist out of high school but didn't get a chance. That was 4 yeas ago, so that's also about how long I've been doing research on it since I've been thinking about doing it now. I have talked to various people from all 4 branches and they have all except one have told me the same thing. I've researched this to death and pretty much know every aspect of all 4. I never said the Marines were bad. I debated about joining the marines also knowing they don't get treated as well as airmen because I knew that I'd be incredibly proud to be a Marine but at the end of the day I thought more about my future and realized the air force was the way to go. Plus I wanted my time in the Military to be the best it could be in every aspect so AF it was. Things happened in my life that prevented me from enlisting but I'm well versed on the subject, at least as much as I can be without actually being in the military.
no offense, but ive met hundreds of ppl like you. i was going to do this or do that but it didnt happen. my point is, is you cant sway someonesopinions if you have been in the fight yourself. research is fine, but experience rules all. like the guy mentioned above, he spent time in the army andenjoyed it. and to be honest you sound like you belong in the AF. im sure you know what i mean by that since youve done research. and why would u say your aformer navy seal? weird..

I'm not in the military. I was going to enlist out of high school but didn't get a chance. That was 4 yeas ago, so that's also about how long I've been doing research on it since I've been thinking about doing it now. I have talked to various people from all 4 branches and they have all except one have told me the same thing. I've researched this to death and pretty much know every aspect of all 4. I never said the Marines were bad. I debated about joining the marines also knowing they don't get treated as well as airmen because I knew that I'd be incredibly proud to be a Marine but at the end of the day I thought more about my future and realized the air force was the way to go. Plus I wanted my time in the Military to be the best it could be in every aspect so AF it was. Things happened in my life that prevented me from enlisting but I'm well versed on the subject, at least as much as I can be without actually being in the military.
no offense, but ive met hundreds of ppl like you. i was going to do this or do that but it didnt happen. my point is, is you cant sway someones opinions if you have been in the fight yourself. research is fine, but experience rules all. like the guy mentioned above, he spent time in the army and enjoyed it. and to be honest you sound like you belong in the AF. im sure you know what i mean by that since youve done research. and why would u say your a former navy seal? weird..
Obviously I'm not a former Navy Seal..It was a joke
tired.gif
..Anyway, you're right, experience rules all and that is why I spoke to people who were in all 4, people who have been in multiple branches as welland they all say the same thing. AF. You must be right, I do sound like I belong in the AF. I'd rather get treated better, live better, eat better, and usemy brain.

so much for a joke....i dont think anyone saw the sarcasm or joke intended there. sure if you plan on making the AF a career go for it, but if you or the OPintend to do one contract and bounce and actually believe that your making the best choice just because your going to be treated well, then go for it. itsfunny how ppl think that just because your in the marine corps or the army you dont use your brain. as if the decisions you have to make for your squad aresimply muscle memory and require no thinking or planning, but i guess thats because you have a weapon in your hands and not a cookie. we are instilled withleadership, integrity, and the act of selflessness. we do what is right, not what is easy. if you consider that not using your brain, then so be it. but yourmaking yourself sound stuck up and your not giving your potential employer a good reputation.

I might go to the army, it's a 50/50 toss up if some things don't go through.. I was wondering about basic, how bad is it? I'm a regular sized guy,not overweight or anything.
Should I work out a lot before I go through basic or would I be fine with just jogging around the block every morning?

Im actually in the Air Force.

1. The women are hotter and more plentiful
2. You have to score higher on the ASVAB than any other branch
3. The Marines don't have any medical fields
4. Believe it or not the Air Force kills more insurgents than any other branch combined
5. My job involves doing autopsies from OIF and OEF I have done 1 Air Force autopsy. For every 6 Army casualties there's 1 Marine.
6. My training alone is enough to land me a 20+ dollar an hour job doing histology.

Above All

no offense, but ive met hundreds of ppl like you. i was going to do this or do that but it didnt happen. my point is, is you cant sway someones opinions if you have been in the fight yourself. research is fine, but experience rules all. like the guy mentioned above, he spent time in the army and enjoyed it. and to be honest you sound like you belong in the AF. im sure you know what i mean by that since youve done research. and why would u say your a former navy seal? weird..
What exactly is that supposed to mean? I take it the Air Force turned you down and now you mad. Stop hating. Provide the facts and keep it movingson. Top accounting firms in the world because you were in the Marines.
laugh.gif

TuckYaChainzN wrote:
Originally Posted by obie21

TuckYaChainzN wrote:
I knew this one dude.....I dont know what they did to him, but now son is tweakin!

True Story.
really?

yea i know some dudes that come back on some crazy *++$..but i also know some dudes who come back normal
i just need out asap

forreal, Im serious! Son is a straight fiend....

im sure there are other ways you can get out of your home....

Seriously, I wasn't even going to comment until I read the full thread but half a page down I see you responded 3 times and all 3 times were worthless ..why don't you sit down take a breather and stop talking for the rest of your life on #%!% you have absolutely no idea about? Thank you son ..

now i'm going to finish reading!

Don't listen to this BS about certain branches being better than others. The truth is, every one of them has their perks, and the key to you succeedingis not which one offers the best food or dorms...it's your personal dedication. If you're willing to roll up your sleeves and take care of business,you'll be okay wherever you go.
BTW, I'm active duty AF, so if you have any questions PM me.

OP ..

If you have read this thread, you are going to get many views. The military in general is an experience and it's all about what you make it. I'm notgoing to sit here and entertain people that heard from other people and have done countless hours of research, because at the end of the day, they don'thave a damn idea to what they are saying.

If I have to point you out to what are some stuff you should take from this thread, I have to start by what thagreatj said. MOS it's important, youdon't want to end up doing something you do not enjoy or has absolutely no meaning in the civilian world. So just because you score higher on your ASVABand joined the AF you are going to get the greatest job that's going to land you big $$$ when you get out.

You should also take what NikeSinceBirth, this man is not lying. People in the civilian world tend to favor Marines more than any other branch of service.That's not because the Marines is easy or because they are dumb, there's a reason. The Marines are in the business of molding young man - they taketime hence longer bootcamps. They are strick, so no you don't get to sit around with your O3 when you are a E2 and get to shoot the %#@+ but you can talkto them as your superior. The rank structer matters - The more you have the more you are able to do, don't get it twisted - Like I said they train Man notboys, so those young man that are in Iraq in the front lines mostly E-2 to E-5 are all making life dealing decissions. So you can see why some can come back alittle mest up and restless. It's a war out there and everyone fighting probably have seen some stuff that not being in the military they probably wouldnthave ever seen .....

You should also consider what notoriousmro said and NikeTalker23 heard

1. The women are hotter and more plentiful
2. You have to score higher on the ASVAB than any other branch
3. The Marines don't have any medical fields
4. Believe it or not the Air Force kills more insurgents than any other branch combined
5. My job involves doing autopsies from OIF and OEF I have done 1 Air Force autopsy. For every 6 Army casualties there's 1 Marine.
6. My training alone is enough to land me a 20+ dollar an hour job doing histology.

and

1. Got killer language training @ DLI...WITHOUT doing 0530 PT, Weeds 'n' seeds, 3x daily formations, etc.
2. Master's Degree
3. Better chow
4. Better dorms
5. Better hooches (deployed living quarters)
6. Better bases
7. Better golf courses (see # 6)
8. Better uniforms (for now...) <------ Not for not and not ever - Their uniform is not even recognized world wide and I been world wide - Marines DressBlue FTW
9. Better education...especially for enlisted
10. Less "rank conscious"...O-6s can talk to E-2s...something you don't typcially see in other services

Notice that all the AF can really claim is a better life style for their military members and it's true. For years now they have had the biggest or one ofthe biggest budgets in all branches so yes they can claim this.

Now what you really want from the military beside getting away from your house?
Are you mentally and physically prepare or ready? This is important you might not make it in the Marines but be a stud in the AirForce (No Pun - Just honesttruth).
Are you making this temp or permanent?
If temp, what are you looking to do when you get out?

Etc etc etc -

You will always have a rivalry between branches, because that's what we do. But when you are in country (AFGHA or IRAQ) we are all brothers.

Like I mention it - you can make good out of any situation, others can't. It's truely what you make of it.

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by the north west

Joining the military is a serious commitment and should not be taken lightly

One of my good friends got killed by a roadside bomb so don't think it is all fun and games

maybe you should just grow up, learn to appreciate your family and get a job and move out

i didnt say it was a %%%%+* joke
you dont even know my fam. situation so what the $+++ you tryna say fam

YOU POST & PEOPLE POST HOW THEY FEEL AND YOU GET MAD?

I THINK YOU GOT THE PROBLEM REAL TLAK

MAYBE YOUR A KNUCKLE HEAD WHO NEEDS TO JOIN AND GET TOLD WHAT TO DO
tired.gif
..MAYBE

ITS ALL A SCAM EITHER WAY YOU LOOK @ IT

MURDA MURDA ...YOUR LIFES ON THE LINE - 50 CENT

SORRY I CANT JOIN SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T RESPECT FREE-WILL
grin.gif

Originally Posted by infinite d

Don't listen to this BS about certain branches being better than others. The truth is, every one of them has their perks, and the key to you succeeding is not which one offers the best food or dorms...it's your personal dedication. If you're willing to roll up your sleeves and take care of business, you'll be okay wherever you go.
BTW, I'm active duty AF, so if you have any questions PM me.
QFT

Active duty Navy. I have been in 8 years. Finished my AA and in 2 semesters will be done with my BA all while being on active duty. Still have my GI bill whichcan now be passed on to my child. Done two deployments. Being on a carrier is cool. You never have to worry about anything really since you are the centerpiece of the battle group. If you are joining the military looking for women, then don't join. The air force does have a bunch of women, but as any serviceman knows that any good looking military woman is either married or stuck up because every man on the base is on her jock. I have seen it...chicks that are5's running around thinking they are dimes.

If you have any questions about the Navy PM me or ask in the thread.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

When you go in to a recruiters office, DO NOT SIGN S!!!

Find someone you trust that is in the military to speak to you about it.

MOS's are VERY VERY important.

do not take the signin bonus, Education is much more important.

again

MOS's are VERY important.

^Exactly what hea said.

& also make sure you take the ASVAB seriously, try to study for it as much as you can cause it's the most important factor to determining your MOS.

...my dad has been in the Army for 20+ years so from 5 years old till when I graduated I grew up on several Army bases, so if you have any questions aboutdaily life on a military post I could help you out.

Dude. I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 11 years. My dad was in the Marine Corps. The one thing I learned is that the Air Force is the country club. If you wantgood benefits, better facilities, and a better way of life period, Air Force is the way to go. Air Force barracks look better than 2 bedroom homes from marriedpeople. I've talked some guys that were like yeah I'm a such and such engineer. I was like what the hell is that? He told me picks up trash and gets onthe computer.
indifferent.gif
And they get paid just about the same on the paygrade scale if not more.

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

Dude. I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 11 years. My dad was in the Marine Corps. The one thing I learned is that the Air Force is the country club. If you want good benefits, better facilities, and a better way of life period, Air Force is the way to go. Air Force barracks look better than 2 bedroom homes from married people. I've talked some guys that were like yeah I'm a such and such engineer. I was like what the hell is that? He told me picks up trash and gets on the computer.
indifferent.gif
And they get paid just about the same on the pay grade scale if not more.
11+ years living in a military based and dont even know

that a E-5 in the AF gets pay the same as a E-5 in the Army, Navy, MC .. SMH!

What are the benefits they get?

Like I mention before - Living wise - Yeah probably a better choice hands down - but you think that guy "TRASH PICKER" is going to have it good whenhe gets out?
indifferent.gif

I didn't think so!

ive been in the navy 8 yrs. what you score on your asvab? do you have college under your belt? the navy was one of the best things ive ever done. it was atoss-up between the navy and chair force but i decided i wanted to be in the real military.
laugh.gif
but dont think the army and marines are the only ones withboots on the ground in iraq. every service is getting sent to the desert now.

1. pay
2. travel
3. girls
4. benefits (education, medical, dental)
5. discipline

every branch of the military will suck when you 1st join up. especially when you are low ranking. just like any job where you have to start on the bottom. justsuck it up and in a few years youll be making $$$ and leading and supervising at a level uncomparable to any civilian job.

i was a marine from 02 - 06..... i left my house cuz i needed space and wanted to see the world.......it made a big impact on my life...... just into differentbranches b4 u make an irrational decision... or PM me for exclusive details recruiters wont tell u

mattmatics wrote:
ive been in the navy 8 yrs. what you score on your asvab? do you have college under your belt? the navy was one of the best things ive ever done. it was a toss-up between the navy and chair force but i decided i wanted to be in the real military.
laugh.gif
but dont think the army and marines are the only ones with boots on the ground in iraq. every service is getting sent to the desert now.

1. pay
2. travel
3. girls
4. benefits (education, medical, dental)
5. discipline

every branch of the military will suck when you 1st join up. especially when you are low ranking. just like any job where you have to start on the bottom. just suck it up and in a few years youll be making $$$ and leading and supervising at a level uncomparable to any civilian job.
That's any branch other than the AirForce - In a few years you still be living in a nice house/barracks talking to your superior O6 like hewas your boy but still making E-3 pay because you cant move up in Rank .. LMAO!

But yeah they living like Kings .. true enough .. just kidd just kidd
roll.gif

yo, ive been in the AF for 3 1/2 years and just returned from my second tour in iraq, first was for 11 months and second for 8. for anyone who has themisconception that there arent other branches putting in work in iraq is crazy. i have worked under the army and marines because of my job, Security Forces. imust say that the time that i spent there, We were doing alot more dangerous work, including, combat patrols, convoys and personal security details. idon't knock any branch because we all work together in hopes of completing the same goal, eliminating terrorist. each branch has there own perks and flaws.the AF has been good to me, pay, deployments, which i dont have a problem with becuase i have no wife and kids but i must say, the AF does take alot bettercare of there troops than any other branch. and this whole thing about making rank in the AF as being slow, ive been a E-4 for only a year and im testing forE-5 in 12 days, i already have 5 points from Awards and Decs. (active duty knows what im talking bout) so i disagree with making rank slow in the AF. peace

Like I mention before - Living wise - Yeah probably a better choice hands down - but you think that guy "TRASH PICKER" is going to have it good when he gets out?
indifferent.gif

What exactly is YOUR job? I am pretty sure there are no jobs for you when you get out of the Marines no job will require you to wield an M16 andride around in a Humvee. Also please take advantage of your new GI Bill and take some basic English classes, your butchering of the English language leads meto believe that you are in the Corps for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom