anyone in the military?

basically my situation at my house is wack.i cant trust my own sisters or dad..feel like i need to watch my back all the time
i NEED out.

i have no money to move

so, i think i want to join the army?
never been the type to wanna join, but i think it can help me out right now and in life

so can i get some help on how to enlist..and pros and cons of the military

thanks

nerd.gif

I knew this one dude.....I dont know what they did to him, but now son is tweakin!

True Story.

Originally Posted by TuckYaChainzN

I knew this one dude.....I dont know what they did to him, but now son is tweakin!

True Story.
really?

yea i know some dudes that come back on some crazy *++$..but i also know some dudes who come back normal
i just need out asap

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by TuckYaChainzN

True Story.
really?

yea i know some dudes that come back on some crazy *++$..but i also know some dudes who come back normal
i just need out asap

forreal, Im serious! Son is a straight fiend....

im sure there are other ways you can get out of your home....

I used to be in the air force did 4 yrs. sorry no brainwashing going on in the military. Army seems nice both of my cousins are in the army national guard bothgot 20g's bonus too.
edit: my friend that just got back from camp bucca iraq said the only thing he is experiencing now is having a hard time sleeping. Also the military wasgreat in a lot of ways it basically setup my life for me I met my wife and now have a son and I never would have thought I would have accomplished so much atonly 23, and I joined at 18

Joining the military is a serious commitment and should not be taken lightly

One of my good friends got killed by a roadside bomb so don't think it is all fun and games

maybe you should just grow up, learn to appreciate your family and get a job and move out

Originally Posted by the north west

One of my good friends got killed by a roadside bomb so don't think it is all fun and games

maybe you should just grow up, learn to appreciate your family and get a job and move out

i didnt say it was a %%%%+* joke
you dont even know my fam. situation so what the $+++ you tryna say fam

I'm saying that joining the army isn't something you chose to do simply cause you don't get along with your family

I'm saying that joining the army isn't something you chose to do simply cause you don't get along with your family
of course not..there are other factors, im just not gonna sit here and list them all
i just need some pros and cons from people who are or have been in the military

if you do decide to enlist, don't be stupid and join the army or the marines because of the image they portray..be smart and enlist in the air force, theyhave the best perks..

First of all. IF you do join the military, do NOT make it the army. They have by FAR the longest deployments to Iraq. I think minimum is a year.
PROS: Stable income, but it will not be a lot.
Benefits for school down the line
Put some discipline in your body.
Something great on your resume for life.
CONS: Iraq.

I kept it brief. Joining the military is something you do a LOT of research on. a LOT. BTW I am a Marine reservist, 1 tour to Iraq. Served 5 and 1/2 years.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

if you do decide to enlist, don't be stupid and join the army or the marines because of the image they portray..be smart and enlist in the air force, they have the best perks..
elaborate..im trying to information before i do anything

NikeSinceBirth - thanks, how was your tour inIraq?

you'll realize there are people that you can't trust no matter where you go. And no one is different from where you are now. You will make some of thebest friends of your life who you will probably never see again (separate, orders etc)

As far as the air force having the best perks. Its true and not true. Yes they have good facilities. BUT you have to ask yourself what you expect to get out ofyour time in the military. i would say the vast majority serve 1 and contract and bounce. its just the way it is. and when niketalker23 says "dont bestupid and join the army or the marines because of the image they portray" that could not be more wrong. I guarantee that being a former marine and tryingto make it in the outside world, weighs much heavier than someone with being in the air force on their resume. Im sorry if you disagree, but its a fact oflife. There is a reputation that speaks for itself. Once again, I am by no means "thrashing" any other department, because we all have our jobs, butI am just trying to reiterate that it all depends on what you want out of this. I have worked with all branches, and while my mindset may be a bit bias,certain branchs just produce products not as structured as marines. o and as far as my tour in iraq. it was fine. there is no need to go into detail because noones experiences are the same

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

if you do decide to enlist, don't be stupid and join the army or the marines because of the image they portray..be smart and enlist in the air force, they have the best perks..
elaborate..im trying to information before i do anything
I know peole who are or have bee in all 4, and they all say the same thing..

here are some quotes from another website..
1. Got killer language training @ DLI...WITHOUT doing 0530 PT, Weeds 'n' seeds, 3x daily formations, etc.
2. Master's Degree
3. Better chow
4. Better dorms
5. Better hooches (deployed living quarters)
6. Better bases
7. Better golf courses (see # 6)
8. Better uniforms (for now...)
9. Better education...especially for enlisted
10. Less "rank conscious"...O-6s can talk to E-2s...something you don't typcially see in other services
Not only does the AF treat their people better (generally) than the sister services, but they treat the dependents better as well.
1) Members of the Air Force have a full fruit salad on their chest by the end of their first enlistment, to rival any war hero in the Army or Marines who have actually seen combat as Airman receive a ribbon for everything.

In all seriousness, some good posts. A lot less BS in the AF. Oh the choices we make when were young and dumb, the AF recruiter tried so hard to get me to enlist, as did my uncle (prior AF). Nope, I wanted to be a badass, so of course I joined the Marines. Oh if I could do it over again!
Quality of life...plain and simple.

Capt Julia Breeden, USAF, Ramstein AB Germany

The AF Rocks.......they take better care of their people. I have been in the Army and now the AF, the AF is the best by far. Glad I made the switch before it was too late.

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

As far as the air force having the best perks. Its true and not true. Yes they have good facilities. BUT you have to ask yourself what you expect to get out of your time in the military. i would say the vast majority serve 1 and contract and bounce. its just the way it is. and when niketalker23 says "dont be stupid and join the army or the marines because of the image they portray" that could not be more wrong. I guarantee that being a former marine and trying to make it in the outside world, weighs much heavier than someone with being in the air force on their resume. Im sorry if you disagree, but its a fact of life. There is a reputation that speaks for itself. Once again, I am by no means "thrashing" any other department, because we all have our jobs, but I am just trying to reiterate that it all depends on what you want out of this. I have worked with all branches, and while my mindset may be a bit bias, certain branchs just produce products not as structured as marines. o and as far as my tour in iraq. it was fine. there is no need to go into detail because no ones experiences are the same
Not true since technically you have to be smater to join the air force. The army and marines might be the muscle but the air force is the brain,and what will get you more money in the real world?

are you actually in the military niketalker23? i for some reason doubt it. there are idiots no matter where you go, so to assume that the AF is full or"smart" ppl is ridiculous. And as far as getting more money in the real world. I am getting my degree in accounting and headed to one of the biggestaccounting firms in the world. I joined the marine corps for the discipline and the fact that I wanted to do something that I would want to remember and beproud of. you cant generalize by reading things off of a message board. there are the stereotypes and reality. your not going to get that from a bias messageboard.

When you go in to a recruiters office, DO NOT SIGN S!!!

Find someone you trust that is in the military to speak to you about it.

MOS's are VERY VERY important.

do not take the signin bonus, Education is much more important.

again

MOS's are VERY important.

Back
Top Bottom