anyone in the military?

tuition assitance (100% of tuition costs paid) FTW
pimp.gif

G.I. Bill in general FTW
pimp.gif

I've talked some guys that were like yeah I'm a such and such engineer. I was like what the hell is that? He told me picks up trash and gets on the computer.

I am going to call ducktales on that one. There are no jobs that have people just pick up trash and get on the computer. That's why you said such and suchengineer. If it was truth you would remember what engineer exactly it was.

Originally Posted by notoriousmro

I've talked some guys that were like yeah I'm a such and such engineer. I was like what the hell is that? He told me picks up trash and gets on the computer.

I am going to call ducktales on that one. There are no jobs that have people just pick up trash and get on the computer. That's why you said such and such engineer. If it was truth you would remember what engineer exactly it was.

yea thats def not true, if he really knows what a engineer is then he wouldnt have told you he picks up trash. no military personnel walk around picking uptrash unless your own a punishment detail. all that work is contracted out.

notoriousmro wrote:
Like I mention before - Living wise - Yeah probably a better choice hands down - but you think that guy "TRASH PICKER" is going to have it good when he gets out?
indifferent.gif

What exactly is YOUR job? I am pretty sure there are no jobs for you when you get out of the Marines no job will require you to wield an M16 and ride around in a Humvee. Also please take advantage of your new GI Bill and take some basic English classes, your butchering of the English language leads me to believe that you are in the Corps for a reason.

You are ******ed if you can't figure out that I am the Marines just by my avy, let alone the way I speak about the Corps. You're also a dumb @ss if youthink the Marines do not offer anything else but M4 (Since you don't have a clue to what we are using now) and ride around doing patrols all the time.

Marines range from Pilots to Accountants to Lawyers to Cooks to Warehouse men to Grunts - so your statement is one of a stupid person. I might butcher theEnglish language but I have an excuse (Not that is acceptable - but an excuses never the less) you are plain ignorant with those comments and I just hope togod you get some common sense and stop generalizing, because you just sounded like a well articulated dumb %%#%!

your butchering of the English language

notoriousmro wrote:

That's why you said such and such engineer. If it was truth you would remember what engineer exactly it was.

roll.gif
Oh the IRONY
roll.gif

I'm Puertorican and English is my second languge - Picked it up in the Marines while in bootcamp!

What's your excuses?

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

notoriousmro wrote:
Like I mention before - Living wise - Yeah probably a better choice hands down - but you think that guy "TRASH PICKER" is going to have it good when he gets out?
indifferent.gif
What exactly is YOUR job? I am pretty sure there are no jobs for you when you get out of the Marines no job will require you to wield an M16 and ride around in a Humvee. Also please take advantage of your new GI Bill and take some basic English classes, your butchering of the English language leads me to believe that you are in the Corps for a reason.

You are ******ed if you can't figure out that I am or was in the Marines. Let alone the way I speak about the Corps. You are also a dumb @ss if you think the Marines do not offer anything else but M4 (Since you don't have a clue to what we have gone to) and ride around doing patrols all the time.

Marine range from Pilots to Accountants to Lawyers to Cooks to Warehouse me to Grunts - so your statement is one of a stupid person. I might butcher the English language but I have an excuse (Not that is acceptable - but an excuses never the less) you are plain ignorant with those comments and I just hope you get some common sense and stop generalizing, because you just sounded like a well articulated dumb #+@#!

hey, you dont have to argue or explain anything to these pukes that have never served in the military or are to scared to leave momy and daddy to do someactual work. all the people that rag on the military and talk S*&% have no clue what the military is about. what other job do you know where you can getyour schooling paid for, i mean ALL YOUR SCHOOL paid for, travel the world, learn skills that NO ONE ELSE is learning and have the training and discipline thatwill help you on the outside. anybody out there that thinks what we do doesnt transcribe to the outside, when you filled out your last job application, didntit ask you if you have had any military service.

^ You can now pass the GI Bill onto your dependents.

All four svcs have their perks, it just depends on what you're looking for.
<I'm a little partial to a certain one as you can see. I'll hit fourteen years tomorrow and I've loved almost every minute of it.
Like the one dude said your MOS/AFSC (Army/AF acronym for your job title) is important. I'm a 3C0 which is a AF computer operator. I've been paidbonuses two out of three times to reenlist and now they just came back for us. We're hard to keep around because of the training we get and then jumpship.

There is a possibility you could see combat as an airmen.
I just taught Combat Skills for the past year as a computer guy, and my current instructor at the NCO Academy was a convoy commander as an AF bus driver.
Basic training is now 8.5 weeks for the AF, they just incorporated some basic combat skills into it.

Just do some research, pm me if you want some specifics.
Much love to all my soldiers, sailors, and marines-past, present, and future.

on a side note...

today is the 67th anniversary of the attack on pearl harbor. the japanese attack left over 2000 dead. they struck on a sunday morning too.

pearl_harbor_attack.jpg

USS_Nevada_Bow_damage_after_Pearl_harbor_attack.jpg

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

your butchering of the English language

notoriousmro wrote:

That's why you said such and such engineer. If it was truth you would remember what engineer exactly it was.

roll.gif
Oh the IRONY
roll.gif

I'm Puertorican and English is my second languge - Picked it up in the Marines while in bootcamp!

What's your excuses?

Where exactly is the grammatical error?

In other news, the choice is entirely up to you which you decide. The rivalry/camaraderie between branches was and will always be there. It stems from peoplehearing things. When you actually work with other branches you'll see. Make your decisions based on facts not the opinions of a biased service member.

zwchris wrote:
^ You can now pass the GI Bill onto your dependents.

All four svcs have their perks, it just depends on what you're looking for.
<I'm a little partial to a certain one as you can see. I'll hit fourteen years tomorrow and I've loved almost every minute of it.
Like the one dude said your MOS/AFSC (Army/AF acronym for your job title) is important. I'm a 3C0 which is a AF computer operator. I've been paid bonuses two out of three times to reenlist and now they just came back for us. We're hard to keep around because of the training we get and then jump ship.

There is a possibility you could see combat as an airmen.
I just taught Combat Skills for the past year as a computer guy, and my current instructor at the NCO Academy was a convoy commander as an AF bus driver.
Basic training is now 8.5 weeks for the AF, they just incorporated some basic combat skills into it.

Just do some research, pm me if you want some specifics.
Much love to all my soldiers, sailors, and marines-past, present, and future.

Respect - Exactly like I have stated previously, all branches have their perks. You can't just say don't join such and such because, join the AF,they have it good. I'm 100% certain that there are a few Airmen out there hating their duty station and/or AFCS. So just because you join the AF you areguarantee to be better of when you come out, that's all I was saying.

BTW, I hope MAG49 based out of PA moves to McGuire .. that'll be
pimp.gif

notoriousmro wrote:
Where exactly is the grammatical error?
indifferent.gif

You can't be serious!

P. S. I by no means tried to influence him in a choice of branch. Like stated before, when we are HOME (US) it's a big rivalry - when we are in country weare all brothers. That's the honest truth .. Now I'm going to be BIAS here, but if you know anything about the military, you will never denied that allthe branches tend to look up to the Marines - That's arguable a fact! I have been to many bases with different service members and if I have ever noticeone thing is the respect we get just because the title Marines.

hate for marines is strong on NT ...
roll.gif

anyway i did 4 year in the Marines (98 - 02), like stated above quality of life is better in other branches but not much better IMO, but if that matters to yougo ahead...i enjoy my time serving as a marine, i learned alot and experience alot...we get all the same benefits as other branches and you can go the collegewhile in the marines you just gotta be smart with your MOS choices....if you got any question PM me....

i3allistic wrote:
hate for marines is strong on NT ...
roll.gif

anyway i did 4 year in the Marines (98 - 02), like stated above quality of life is better in other branches but not much better IMO, but if that matters to you go ahead...i enjoy my time serving as a marine, i learned alot and experience alot...we get all the same benefits as other branches and you can go the college while in the marines you just gotta be smart with your MOS choices....if you got any question PM me....

QFT

But I think we ask for it - Just because we know better! I guess the Marines really brain washed us and we never put much enphesis in stuff likeprivacy-condition of living- dinning facilities-etc. As long as we had a damn Cot, Sleeping Bag, MRE and a Marine watching our backs, we were good! LMAO

LET ME PUT SOME STUFF DOWN
1. We shower together at bootcamp and sometimes during the field.
2. We take craps next to each other with nothing to separete you - so yes at times you probably are seeing another Man taking a crap!
3. We can go days without showering when on the field.
4. We probably had to dig holes while on the field to take a crap then break out the MRE to get some wipes to clean your butt.
5. We probably have slept on the floor more times that we can even count.
6. Our chow halls sucks
7. Our Barracks sucks
8. Our clinics sucks, but then again if we go to the clinic for check ups we are call {()} or lame for not sucking it up - so we dont care
9. We have to play stupid games.
10. We have to run miles and miles to get 100 feet from where you started.
11. We have to take all our stuff out the rooms to clean it just to put it back and do it the next week.

I mean I can keep going on and on and on ..

But at the end of the day not only am I a Marine, but I'm doing all this with my fellow brothers that are going to be there when I need them. SomethingI'm very proud of .. by the way I'm not saying other branches dont experience this, but I have yet to go to a base and seen it myself in the magnitudeyou see it with the Marines!

Originally Posted by mister cannon

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

are you actually in the military niketalker23? i for some reason doubt it. there are idiots no matter where you go, so to assume that the AF is full or "smart" ppl is ridiculous. And as far as getting more money in the real world. I am getting my degree in accounting and headed to one of the biggest accounting firms in the world. I joined the marine corps for the discipline and the fact that I wanted to do something that I would want to remember and be proud of. you cant generalize by reading things off of a message board. there are the stereotypes and reality. your not going to get that from a bias message board.
I'm not in the military. I was going to enlist out of high school but didn't get a chance. That was 4 yeas ago, so that's also about how long I've been doing research on it since I've been thinking about doing it now. I have talked to various people from all 4 branches and they have all except one have told me the same thing. I've researched this to death and pretty much know every aspect of all 4. I never said the Marines were bad. I debated about joining the marines also knowing they don't get treated as well as airmen because I knew that I'd be incredibly proud to be a Marine but at the end of the day I thought more about my future and realized the air force was the way to go. Plus I wanted my time in the Military to be the best it could be in every aspect so AF it was. Things happened in my life that prevented me from enlisting but I'm well versed on the subject, at least as much as I can be without actually being in the military.
no offense, but ive met hundreds of ppl like you. i was going to do this or do that but it didnt happen. my point is, is you cant sway someones opinions if you have been in the fight yourself. research is fine, but experience rules all. like the guy mentioned above, he spent time in the army and enjoyed it. and to be honest you sound like you belong in the AF. im sure you know what i mean by that since youve done research. and why would u say your a former navy seal? weird..
What exactly is that supposed to mean? I take it the Air Force turned you down and now you mad. Stop hating. Provide the facts and keep it moving son. Top accounting firms in the world because you were in the Marines.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you serious? i have never even stepped in an AF office,and no disrespect to anyone, but i never would have. "provide the facts and keep it moving son"? whats that about? are you actually going to join themilitary or something? why are you in this thread? if you dont get what i meant by, it sounds like you belong in the AF, YOU keep it moving "son".its up to you to believe that the marine corps got me where i will be going ( a big 4 firm). There is no way i would throw myself out there and let you knowexactly which firm it is, but dam straight being a marine helped get me there. the respect that they gave me for doing things that a normal punk like yourselfwould probably never man up to added up.

And yes the AF does have better perks, BUT remember we ALL (army, navy, AF, usmc) get paid the same. So dont have some crazy idea your going to be making itrain at the local offbase strip club. I think the advice given in this thread is sound.

Originally Posted by the north west

Joining the military is a serious commitment and should not be taken lightly

One of my good friends got killed by a roadside bomb so don't think it is all fun and games

maybe you should just grow up, learn to appreciate your family and get a job and move out

Co-Sign.

The last thing our military needs are lil kids who can't handle home life. If you can't cope with things at home g'luck trying to cope with real#+# you'll be encountering on a daily basis while on duty.

Grow up OP before you even consider such a responsibility. Real talk.

elboricua 6 wrote:

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

Dude. I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 11 years. My dad was in the Marine Corps. The one thing I learned is that the Air Force is the country club. If you want good benefits, better facilities, and a better way of life period, Air Force is the way to go. Air Force barracks look better than 2 bedroom homes from married people. I've talked some guys that were like yeah I'm a such and such engineer. I was like what the hell is that? He told me picks up trash and gets on the computer.
indifferent.gif
And they get paid just about the same on the pay grade scale if not more.
11+ years living in a military based and dont even know

that a E-5 in the AF gets pay the same as a E-5 in the Army, Navy, MC .. SMH!

What are the benefits they get?

indifferent.gif

I didn't think so!

like i said just the same or more..im sorry i was a kid and 12 year old kids aren't really thinking about pay scales..do you really think dude is going tobe picking up trash for 20 years..really..really? once you do 20 years you can officially retire and get all the benefits that are entitled to you..im notgonna say they are phenomenal because they aren't but its ok. when you apply for a job they are going to see engineer not janitor and chances are you aregoing to have been running things.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

I am going to call ducktales on that one. There are no jobs that have people just pick up trash and get on the computer. That's why you said such and such engineer. If it was truth you would remember what engineer exactly it was.

yea thats def not true, if he really knows what a engineer is then he wouldnt have told you he picks up trash. no military personnel walk around picking up trash unless your own a punishment detail. all that work is contracted out.
dude it was 6 years ago im sorry for not having a phenomenal long term memory..i dont know if someone would make up something about picking atrash and you should know engineer can be a fancy word for janitor..sorry for not being technical..and yes they do. its called base services. there is such athing. from what i saw usually the e-1s through e-3s who get duty there take of that. you don't see any e-9s with 20 years picking up trash.

Originally Posted by mattmatics

on a side note...

today is the 67th anniversary of the attack on pearl harbor. the japanese attack left over 2000 dead. they struck on a sunday morning too.

pearl_harbor_attack.jpg

i dont know if anyone of you guys have ever been to the arizona memorial but it is crazy how that ship is just feet below you and to know that hundreds ofsailors make that thier final resting place. RIP. i am really honored to be re-enlisting there on the 2 of jan.

ive visited the memorial a few years back. my grandpa was there when it all went down. i had a blast talkin to all the old vets there. dudes are funny

btw join the air force. its the best thing i ever did

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

Originally Posted by mattmatics

on a side note...

pearl_harbor_attack.jpg

i dont know if anyone of you guys have ever been to the arizona memorial but it is crazy how that ship is just feet below you and to know that hundreds of sailors make that thier final resting place. RIP. i am really honored to be re-enlisting there on the 2 of jan.

u stationed in pearl? all my CMS-ID applications keep getting denied for ships im trying to get there.
mad.gif

shady detailers FTL

Co-sign with the dudes saying that your experience in the military largely depends on you. You can make it really work for you if you play your cards right. Idid four years in the AF as a linguist. All services have their perks. I enjoyed the AF; picked up a new language, traveled and got college $$$. It was thebest choice for me at that particular time in my life. It's not for everybody, though, as people wash out all the time regardless of service. PM me ifyou have questions. Peace.

I'm not. Never was into stuff like that. I don't like to kill ants, let alone a fellow human.

yea thats def not true, if he really knows what a engineer is then he wouldnt have told you he picks up trash. no military personnel walk around picking up trash unless your own a punishment detail. all that work is contracted out.
dude it was 6 years ago im sorry for not having a phenomenal long term memory..i dont know if someone would make up something about picking a trash and you should know engineer can be a fancy word for janitor..sorry for not being technical..and yes they do. its called base services. there is such a thing. from what i saw usually the e-1s through e-3s who get duty there take of that. you don't see any e-9s with 20 years picking up trash.

Please find where services picks up trash. Its funny how people are so passionate about subjects they know nothing about.

Services

dude it was 6 years ago im sorry for not having a phenomenal long term memory..i dont know if someone would make up something about picking a trash and you should know engineer can be a fancy word for janitor..sorry for not being technical..and yes they do. its called base services. there is such a thing. from what i saw usually the e-1s through e-3s who get duty there take of that. you don't see any e-9s with 20 years picking up trash.
Please find where services picks up trash. Its funny how people are so passionate about subjects they know nothing about.

Services

i know enough to tell you that there is such a thing...we are having good healthy conversation/debate...but passionate?..we are talking aboutpicking up trash..trash..not a war..but trash..but do you really think..really..that they would put "you sir will be picking up trash" when they arerecruiting people..really..really..and are we speaking of air force exclusively or military because when i made the comment about picking up trash..i wasspeaking about marine corps..i honestly don't know first hand how the other branches get down on that line of work..but i would think if the marine corpshas it..the air force has it also...just an assumption though.

there is a dude on nt who has lived on okinawa before and can probably tell you that there is such a thing as camp services on camp foster, okinawa, japanwhere they send out people to pick up trash.

Back
Top Bottom