Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
So is midnight black or
Dark blue?

Might have to cop that air and be set for a few years.

My mid 2017 still runs like brand new but the fact I haven’t upgraded in forever and now with the black. Might be time

Can these mf stop playin around and give us Slate Black again from the iPhone 5 or the matte black from the 7 Plus? :smh:

New MBA is nice, but 8GB & 256 HD in 2022 standard is trash. :smh:

PO

Enh, 256 is plenty in the age of the cloud, imo. Especially w/ the Air being marketed towards the regular, everyday usage type of person. I’ve been using a late-2020 Air since launch and have 125 GB storage left. On a similar note, with the way Apple’s silicone handles computing tasks, 8 GB RAM will also hold the regular folks down.

All that said, yeah, I wish the base model had better specs lol. But I get why it doesn’t. It’s all about the upsell. Start adding more RAM and HD storage and you’re approaching 14” MBP territory, at which point you’re wondering if you should fork over $2k. Apple ain’t slick. :lol: :smh:

^ True. I'm an Android head but I aint mad at all. Never owned an iPhone but will be open to trying one once they start to offer a similar level of freedom as Android. Seems like Apple is taking baby steps towards that direction, at least from a personalization standpoint.

^ True. I'm an Android head but I aint mad at all. Never owned an iPhone but will be open to trying one once they start to offer a similar level of freedom as Android. Seems like Apple is taking baby steps towards that direction, at least from a personalization standpoint.
What specific personalization/customization have you done to your Android that you can't get on an iPhone? Just curious.

I held off on iPhone/Apple for similar reasons along with hardware concerns. Once I switched I haven't looked back. I was hardcore into flashing custom ROMs, dual booting, skins, etc. on my WinMo and Android. Then the out of the box simplicity and straightforward integration of iCloud eventually won me over.

What specific personalization/customization have you done to your Android that you can't get on an iPhone? Just curious.

I held off on iPhone/Apple for similar reasons along with hardware concerns. Once I switched I haven't looked back. I was hardcore into flashing custom ROMs, dual booting, skins, etc. on my WinMo and Android. Then the out of the box simplicity and straightforward integration of iCloud eventually won me over.

people that obsess with customization of their devices stare at their home screens looking at "cool" icons rather than uses the apps as intended on their device

I’ve said for years I don’t really care for customization on my iPhone to the level that some android users scream at me about.

Even now, iOS 16 lets us change our Lock Screen time font and I’m just like “ohhh… cool.. :stoneface:

Fluidity / consistency in the OS / optimization across the board >>> customization

yup, i really don't get it.. is it cool? sure, i guess but the novelty definitely wears off after a bit. i remember customizing my iphones with jailbreak in the past but within days always went back to stock.

i pick up my phone and click the app that i want to use and use it. i could give a rats *** what the icons look like or that they're organized in some weird pattern .. i have 1 page, no widgets and the rest of my apps are hidden in the app library. i use search to get to the app i want. once i'm done using that app, i put the phone down and go about my day.

What time does the update officially roll out?

september 2022

Knowing Apple they’ll just come out with another dongle like they did for the aux cable holdouts when the headphone jack was scrapped. Apples next step is probably losing the charging port if they can develop a quicker and more efficient means of wireless charging.

Yall see they brought back the headphone jack on the MBA and made sure to announce it during the conference lol. Rarely do i understand Apple’s marketing scheme but it works for them

Yall see they brought back the headphone jack on the MBA and made sure to announce it during the conference lol. Rarely do i understand Apple’s marketing scheme but it works for them
Nobody does. They’ll bring back the fingerprint scanner in different way soon and brand it like it’s a new feature. Apple has mastered hyping people about nothing. FaceTime was the last great cell phone innovation, like 10 years ago.

The world fell in love with AirPods. They can add it back now to MacBooks, but I don’t think it’s ever coming back to iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom