Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
So I’m assuming just like with everything else, AirPods will loose power and efficiency over time?

My 1st Gen AirPod pros don’t thump like they use to. They aren’t as loud when I have them all the way up as they were 2 years ago when I got them. But I do run them hard almost everyday. I max them out in the gym and usually use one of them to listen to podcasts in my office at work. So maybe it’s time for a new pair?

So I’m assuming just like with everything else, AirPods will loose power and efficiency over time?

My 1st Gen AirPod pros don’t thump like they use to. They aren’t as loud when I have them all the way up as they were 2 years ago when I got them. But I do run them hard almost everyday. I max them out in the gym and usually use one of them to listen to podcasts in my office at work. So maybe it’s time for a new pair?
Correct. They too run lithium ion batteries and they will deteriorate.

I wish apple would make a battery replacement program so you don’t have to buy a new set, or allow trade ins for value on recycling.

t299h6h8k6a91.jpg

My AirPods Pro had a problem with the left side

So I was able to reset it all and it all went back to normal.

My AirPods Pro had a problem with the left side
So I was able to reset it all and it all went back to normal.
What problem

My left one has issues connecting to charge in the case. Oddly enough, blowing in it like a Nintendo cartridge and sticking the airpod in to charge seems to work?

I have had my left airpod pro replaced twice for free from apple. Both times there was a constant static noise coming from it. I contacted apple through chat did the walk through (reset, forget device, charge fully etc.) and sent it back to them...they replaced the single airpod twice.

seems like creeps are putting airtags on people and vehicles to track other people...

Huge security concern for sure. Apple needs to do something about this.

I downloaded the Ventura beta and I'm getting RCS messaging in the standard Messaging application. Is this true? Is anyone else now getting green messages when you use your Apple desktop and/or laptop?

Also, is there anyway to go into "clamshell mode" without a power source plugged in? Thanks!

Yeah I believe your iPhone notifies you if it detects an AirTag near you for a while that isn’t connected to your device?

Yep, happened to me when a coworker forgot his backpack in my trunk. There has to be some type of recourse if you have android though, you’d have no idea

Yep, happened to me when a coworker forgot his backpack in my trunk. There has to be some type of recourse if you have android though, you’d have no idea
They won’t be able to track you in that case.

I believe the AirTags feed location back to the paired device based on connection to a local iPhone. It has to ping off an iPhone nearby to use location and somehow send location info via that phones network connection?

There are enough iPhones out there that it will eventually come in contact with another one, even if it’s not the person being tracked

There are enough iPhones out there that it will eventually come in contact with another one, even if it’s not the person being tracked
You’re correct but for it to be “worthwhile” / accurate, it would have to be constantly near one so you can “track” said person. Pinging every once in a while is just unreliable and a waste of time.

And if it’s constantly near one.. it notifies them.

They won’t be able to track you in that case.

I believe the AirTags feed location back to the paired device based on connection to a local iPhone. It has to ping off an iPhone nearby to use location and somehow send location info via that phones network connection?

Also works off of the location of Macs and iPads.

“If your missing device can’t connect to the internet, the Find My app can still help you track it down using the Find My network — hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices around the world. Nearby devices securely send the location of your missing device to iCloud, then you can see where it is in the Find My app. It’s all anonymous and encrypted to protect everyone’s privacy.”

I currently own a 2013 13" Macbook Air and would like to get into videography for my online business (instagram/snapchat, short clips).

Would I be able to handle programs such as Final Cut pro to edit/create :30sec-1 min clips from a Fuji Xt4-/Sony A7C ?

Its been almost a decade but I dont want to purchase another laptop unless I absolutely have to

Back
Top Bottom